by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 09:13:58 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL S0-B R1: January 29, 2006
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL - Season 0-B (GTC65) - Round 1, Anderstorp GP - Jan 29  (Read 14907 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« on: January 25, 2006, 10:40:05 PM +0000 »

UKGTL - Season 0-B (GTC65) - Round 1 at Anderstorp GP

Please make sure you have read at least the Driving Standards section of the SimRacing rules before racing.

Date: Sunday 29th January

Practice 1: 8:30pm (15 mins)
Qual 2: 8:45pm (25 mins)
Race: 9:10pm (40 mins - 23 laps)

Cars allowed: Any GTC65 Class car.
Track: Anderstorp GP
Time of Day Setting: 06:00 (Dawn)
Start Procedure: Pace lap led by pole sitter. See this section of the rules on rolling starts. Average speed may need to be reduced from GTR to GTL, but we'll play that by ear.

Server: SimRacing.co.uk (UKGTL)
Password: usual practice password

See UKGTL Season 0 Announcement post for extra information on Season 0.

Race incidents should be reported by PM to Dave Gymer as indicated in this thread...
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=1101.0
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 07:46:05 AM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 06:07:54 AM +0000 »

Awesome, here we go again. Rolling starts...my oh my. SO let me get this straight, the pole sitter is only alowed to go full after he crosses the s/f line after the formation lap?
And because there are so many cars in this class, I can't put times down of all cars.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 09:01:22 AM +0000 »

SO let me get this straight, the pole sitter is only alowed to go full after he crosses the s/f line after the formation lap?

Correct. It's very important that everyone calmly slots into the single file "snake" at a steady pace a corner or two before the end of the lap, otherwise we get a lot of jockeying for position and that usually leads to contact, often before even reaching the first corner.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Adam Parle
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 09:02:20 AM +0000 »

Excellent, was wondering when this set of races were going to be appearing on the calendar!  Sadly I'm probably going to have to miss this first one, I'm up in Edinburgh visiting friends for the weekend.  Still, I'll make more of these than the single race I had with the TC65 class races.
Adam Parle
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 09:03:40 AM +0000 »

The only issue with the rolling start is that Ruskus will be lapping backmarkers as they end the formation lap  Grin , well, maybe shortly after then.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 09:29:37 AM +0000 »

The only issue with the rolling start is that Ruskus will be lapping backmarkers as they end the formation lap  Grin , well, maybe shortly after then.
LOL. I'm no good with rolling starts. It will need lot's op supervision that nobody makes a falls start, especially the ones behind, because they can easily accelerate a bit faster and win a position, pretty unnoticed.
And another problem for me, I'm no good with the GTC65 Undecided, there is no car in there in which I feel comfortable. So lot's of swapping for me again, so nobody will complain I'm in the "fastest"  car op the class.
Really looking forward to this, but for me the results can only go downhill Cheesy. But thanks for the million dollar pricemoney of S0, of which I still have to recieve everything Kiss
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 10:28:32 AM +0000 »

It will need lot's op supervision that nobody makes a falls start, especially the ones behind, because they can easily accelerate a bit faster and win a position, pretty unnoticed.

If you're single file and at a steady pace you can't see when the car in front of the car in front goes. In theory there's a steady wave of acceleration from the pole sitter back but of course in practice it sometimes goes wrong.

Really looking forward to this, but for me the results can only go downhill Cheesy

Is that a promise? Tongue Cheesy

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 10:31:55 AM +0000 »

LOL. I'm no good with rolling starts. It will need lot's op supervision that nobody makes a falls start, especially the ones behind, because they can easily accelerate a bit faster and win a position, pretty unnoticed.

It has worked pretty well for us in GTR, very tried and tested method, all the GTR regulars are familiar with it and it does lead to much cleaner starts.

And another problem for me, I'm no good with the GTC65 there is no car in there in which I feel comfortable. So lot's of swapping for me again, so nobody will complain I'm in the "fastest"  car op the class.

No sympathy from me, we need some help to catch you up!  Grin Grin

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 10:33:40 AM +0000 »

What car are people planning to take for this one? I'm having trouble deciding, but might try the Merc 300SL or Ferrari 275.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 10:59:43 AM +0000 »

I really wish we did'nt have to have rolling starts Sad

GTB or E-type, the heavy one cause it's pretty Smiley
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 11:01:18 AM +0000 by AdrianD » Logged

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 11:05:36 AM +0000 »

I really wish we did'nt have to have rolling starts Sad

I like the standing starts, but even with the slow TC-65 cars we've had quite a few first corner incidents. The slower GTC-65 cars would probably be OK, but the faster ones can be very quick and unpredictable on the line. A spinning AC Cobra could cause mayhem.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Pero_Grozni

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 11:28:08 AM +0000 »

Will the GT40 be banned? 
I can see a field full of GT40's right now as it is far and away the fastest.
I can allready say that it is gonna be the Elan, Cobra and the GT40 for me. No messing around this time as I want to enjoy my races and therefore want to drive my personal favourites.
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 11:54:38 AM +0000 »

Elan and TVR for a start, love 'em!

FWIW I prefer standing starts too- there is noticeably more drama in them. And I'm pretty hot off the line too! Wink
I can see the safety angle though. If we can't make standing starts safe then we could end up with a thrid of the field gone by T1.

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 12:08:24 PM +0000 »

I prefer standing starts too, much more dramatic and realistic....rolling start is too 'Nascar' for me but totally understand the reasons for it when you can have big turn 1 pileups....but then, hey, isnt that motor racing  Huh

Standing starts would be superb with these early 60's monsters, weighing the right amount of welly with grip off the line.  Cool

Pero_Grozni

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 12:19:51 PM +0000 »

Rolling starts sound scary to me - many things to go wrong there.
Will we have a few practise runs sometime before the first race to be able to start properly. I really wouldnt like to get penaltys due to not starting properly, or to loose places unnecesarily.
If I get this right- the speed out of the last corner has to be maintained by the leader till the start/finnish line and only than he can floor it. The field behind can only floor it after the leader has crossed the finnish line.
What if the next thing happens - the leader is going steady out of the last corner and floors it on the finnish line, the secondplaced guy floors it earlier and gets a run on the leader straight away. Is that OK or not? How will it be checked if wrong, because even small differences can allready mean much here and it acctually is not down to the leader than as he did how he was told.
My view is that the standing start is always the most fair and correct way of starting. If problems due to T1 crashes... occur, than it is not down to the starting procedure, but down to the people that have crashed. I can see potentially bigger T1 problems with rolling starts to be honest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com