by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 04:56:25 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL S0-B R2: January 30, 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL - Season 0-B (GTC65) - Round 2, Dijon-Prenois Short - Jan 30  (Read 12103 times)
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2006, 04:51:38 PM +0000 »

In the career.blt file there is no distinction between the '65, '69 & '76 Corvettes.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2006, 06:53:14 PM +0000 »

That pretty much seals GTLRank's fate then. I think we should volunteer Ruskus as UKGTL's official Test Driver. Wink

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Iain

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2006, 06:54:54 PM +0000 »

i was going to say its just an  alpha at gtlrank but its the actual carrer.blt that hinders us Sad

still havent picked a car yet 100% Grin

i hate this track Wink

GtrRank name = Iain
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2006, 07:11:10 PM +0000 »

Here are my times, default setup, no practice:
AC Cobra                     1:13.940
Healy                          1:18.148
Corvette                     1:16.013
Ferrari                         1:17.688
GT40                         can't be bothered
E-type                        1:16.240
Elan                            1:15.996
Elite                           can't be bothered
Mercedes                    sold
Alpine                         1:18.819
Daytona                      1:15.254
GT350                        1:17.086
TVR                            1:15.016
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2006, 07:14:50 PM +0000 »

That pretty much seals GTLRank's fate then. I think we should volunteer Ruskus as UKGTL's official Test Driver. Wink
Lol, if you are serious, than no problem. I've put some times up, with more practice per car, I can get closer to some top 10 GTLrank times. At some tracks, with some cars, I've got top 3 times.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2006, 07:44:06 PM +0000 »

I might actually take the GT40 tonight. I don't think it suits the track at all so it'll be interesting to see whether it actually does have a massive advantage, or whether (as I suspect) Ruskus, Pero et al will run rings round me in supposedly inferior machinery.

I think we should volunteer Ruskus as UKGTL's official Test Driver. Wink
Lol, if you are serious, than no problem. I've put some times up, with more practice per car, I can get closer to some top 10 GTLrank times.

We had a discussion going on amongst the mods as to whether some of the slower GTC cars - most obviously the Elite - need to be reclassified for league use so that they can run in the same championship as the TC-65 cars. Without reliable data in something like GTLRank the only real option we've got is to drive laps to compare times.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2006, 08:42:12 PM +0000 »

well that was a big waste of time.

been practicing for an hour, managed to mostly tame the Daytona, notice its half past, get in game when there's 18ppl in it. Leave pit, someone loses it badly just after T1, and I smash into them. Hit [ESC] to have another go. Not back in our server lobby, not the main server listing lobby, not a crash, in the car dealer looking at the Daytona car asking me if I want to buy it, which is bizarre as I have it, and thus can't buy it. [ESC] [ESC] [ESC] -> Multiplayer, Hangs, can move mouse and everything but its not going anywhere. Frustrated hit reset. Now server full :-(

Have a good race with this pile of bugs.

Fozz

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 09:03:59 PM +0000 »

Should keep trying Fozz, people keep dropping out you might get lucky Wink

Barred

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2006, 09:05:25 PM +0000 »

After getting a PB I have decided that if last night and tonight's (non)standard of driving I will be staying away from SimRacing.ork.UK's servers.

To those clean respectful drivers I wish you well and see you on other servers.

To the total muppets who do not know how to drive or use their breaks that repeatedly drove through me thankyou for destroying this league for me. Unfortunatly the practice and qualification sessions are not recorded otherwise this would have been done in private. Getting driven off the track 8 times in 2 laps whilst my team mates confirmed that I was in game and could be seen is well beyond a joke or a single driving incident.

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed    Sad Sad Sad Sad Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2006, 09:16:07 PM +0000 »

Don't forget Barred that if you join a qual or practice session AFTER other people and they are already on track they will not see you on track. That is the game's fault, not theirs. Please bare this in mind when being rude about people driving into you as it could well be that you simply do not appear on their screen. Remember most people have "only load new cars in garage" set so they will only get new players when they exit track and come back into garage.

There are faster and slower drivers in SimRacing.org.uk but there are no deliberate reckers so i suspect you have suffered above.

Hope you decide to join again with above in mind as wreckers are not tolerated here so don't be so quick to judge cause of shit multiplayer code.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2006, 09:22:38 PM +0000 »

:-( Barred

I think I hit you just after T1, but you were already badly gone by that point crossing the track at about 40 degrees.

Last nights race was a joke, I didn't see none of tonights. We're an enclusive community here and people who are ill experienced are coming in all the time, The point of the Season0's are for people to get upto speed, I know in GTR pre-races I was at times a total muppet, I can think of some others who were worse, now these are amongst the best drivers I know of, for the S2 GTR sprints we got a few new n00bs, but its our responsibility to guide them, they don't know straight off, how could they? They've probably only raced in net pickup races and against the computer.

GTL i think suffers a bit, as its slightly more mainstream than GTR was with its nicer GFX etc, also you've got the initial load of new n00bs. There's maybe only half of us who have much experience (although some of us went a bit muppet like last night granted). Doesn't the incident reports tell you that we are committed to good driving and people continually ramming others off the track will not be tolerated. We all make mistakes but we get points on our license, and if they can't or refuse to change thier ways, they will eventually be ejected (we have only needed to eject one person so far).

May I suggest that you give it a few more races, either racing with us, or just as time off and judge us later, we'll bash the n00bs (and the older hands like myself who lost it in the first GTC-65 race) into shape over the next few races :-)

Fozz
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 09:24:13 PM +0000 by fozzmeister » Logged

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Barred

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2006, 09:35:20 PM +0000 »

When you clobbered me Foz I was just getting my wits back from being played pinball with you just caused the Cobra to finally go up in flames Smiley I know I am not the fastest, but I try to keep it clean and often go out of my way to avoid others. I know what you are saying Shark and I agree but the last few nights were different. The main incident that totally got up my nose was one person losing it in a GT40 for the umpteenth time only for him to rejoin and take me out so the pinball sequence started.

I do not normall go orbital like this, I enjoy my racing and can forgive the odd incident it happens (I have caused a few:)) but 2 or 3 people the last couple of evenings have soured it for me for the moment.
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2006, 09:38:32 PM +0000 »

Well said Fozz

I do not believe it is anyone's intention to be deliberately disruptive. In Season 0 & 1 GTR it took some time to get to know the other drivers, how they react to particular situations, their racing styles, but once we had we could to a certain extent predict behaviour and adjust our racing style accordingly. I find now with all the newer drivers I am learning that all over again. Give it some time, this really is a superb community that is committed to good clean racing
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2006, 09:44:37 PM +0000 »

Awwww.... shoot! What a dolt I am Roll Eyes

Qualified a respectable 9th in the Elan and proceeded to sit on the tail of SBG's Cobra l for the first 10 laps or so. Great stuff with SBG, I managed to get close but every that damn straight appeared and he out gunned me. I was swearing very heavily as I imagined him (pasty in hand) waving at me down that straight time after time Grin

Eventually he overcooked it and span whilst in 6th. Even though I had LOADS of room, I played it ultra-safe and went wide only to find myself too wide and missing my braking point and smacking into the barrier and setting the car on fire (never managed to do that before!).

Thanks for the battle SBG, really enjoyed it, two very different cars racing very cleanly Smiley

The Elite wasn't too far off the pace but I don't think I'll be able to take too much of those Cobra's making mincemeat of me on the straights! Cheesy

Pops
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 09:56:09 PM +0000 by popabawa » Logged

Legends Racing simracing team
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2006, 09:53:23 PM +0000 »

Had a great race with Truetom for something like 13 laps with us constantly swapping places between 6th to 9th until eventually my tyres just got worse and worse. Then when he had pulled out a second or so he seemed to have a big off with another car in front on the dipping chicane area and i swerved off the road to avoid the pair of them, losing several places.

Rejoined in the top 10 again and running okay but with seriously shagged tyres,
[Personal remarks removed. If you have a problem with another driver, take it up with the mods.]

Great race up until the last lap !  Cool
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 10:05:09 PM +0000 by Dave Gymer » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com