by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 12:36:14 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL S0-B R2: January 30, 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL - Season 0-B (GTC65) - Round 2, Dijon-Prenois Short - Jan 30  (Read 12091 times)
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2006, 09:55:44 PM +0000 »

Qualified back in 18th in the Healy with a 1:17.4, which I think is a pretty good time for the car. Got taken out on the pace lap. Had a steady race after that, but even the Elans were out-dragging me on the straights. Next time I'll take something a bit more competitive. Was comical the way the GT40s blasted past me.

Saw some very bad warp early in the race.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2006, 09:58:06 PM +0000 »

This race has proved it, the GT40's are by far the easiest car to go fast with. In the top 4 there were 3 GT40's!!!.
Again, with the rolling start the whole field was seperated by a mile. Remember that it is single line, so the distance between 1st and last is twice as long.
After a mistake of Dave I overtook him and stayed in 1st, kissing all those 40's goodbye. After lap 9 my tires were already gone, but I could keep them behind me.
Hope to see no GT40's wednesday...probably not, because that would be a too big challenge on Mondello.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2006, 09:58:47 PM +0000 »

Pops, sorry for one knock. I was too busy trying to get control to see you sneak up beside me. Truly great when cars with differing strengths and two evenly matched drivers get it on  Grin. Shame I spoiled it and you wrecked it. You have a go in Cobra next time  Wink.

Great and fair racing, like tonight, has been my experience of racing here.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2006, 09:58:56 PM +0000 »

Provisional results and repaly are up

For me a crap race, just tootled round on my own, a huge number of seconds off the pace. Hope I didn't cause too much grief to those lapping me.

Lucky for me and you lot that I can't make another S0 race, don't think even bother with the 76 cars it's obvious I'm out of my depth  :'(

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2006, 10:00:17 PM +0000 »

Well said Fozz

I do not believe it is anyone's intention to be deliberately disruptive. In Season 0 & 1 GTR it took some time to get to know the other drivers, how they react to particular situations, their racing styles, but once we had we could to a certain extent predict behaviour and adjust our racing style accordingly. I find now with all the newer drivers I am learning that all over again. Give it some time, this really is a superb community that is committed to good clean racing

[Personal remarks removed. If you have a problem with another driver, take it up with the mods.]
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 10:04:19 PM +0000 by Dave Gymer » Logged
Iain

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2006, 10:01:14 PM +0000 »

had fun in the elan

i always want to go faster than i can i feel disapointed with my prac times then end up doing ok in the real race, i look at the alien times too much lol

, i qualied nicley, i noticed 3 elans in a row, .02 apart from each other Smiley

span in the first couple of laps and just worked my way back up

had a nice bit of driving with JonM although he was blatently faster

it was so funny to get on that straight and see the cobras just dissapear lol

i knocked a cobra into T1, sorry - i was half asleep and not really expecting you to move over :S

GtrRank name = Iain
Martin Steinmetz

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2006, 10:04:28 PM +0000 »

Got taken out on the pace lap.

Sorry again for that, was probably to close to you and no chance to evade you with the Ferrari's horrible brakes. Had a boring race afterwards only gaining positions when other people spun. If i get to race again in this series I'm going to take a competitive car.
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2006, 10:06:09 PM +0000 »

Had a decent run after a early spin, then synchronised spin with Picnic Cheesy
Enjoyed the race  Smiley The elan is a great little car, but it feels like I've got a very small willy when a big beastly cobra shows it's self down the straights Cheesy

I think one of the main problems with people being Muppet's(myself included) is the lack of track and car knowledge. Today I got back from work at 7.00pm got on the game at 7.30 and had a bit of practice but I don't know the track or the car fully, I've only raced at Dijon once before and never in the Elan.So driver errors like people spinning and braking at the wrong moment etc, will decrease over time as people get to know the game better. I really didn't play GTL much until this preseason started. I can't think of one person in 2 sprint season's and one endurance season of GTR who wreaked or did anything wrong to me deliberately. just give it a longer chance Barred, after all it's only season 0  Smiley

AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2006, 10:07:20 PM +0000 »

Not too bad tonight, a couple of incidents I take part responsibility for though I don't think I could have driven a more sedate and careful pace lap if I tried, AND I STILL PICKED UP AN INCIDENT  Huh( on the start.

Later I attempted to pass an Elan (white?) into turn 1 (bloody stupid move in a Cobra) sorry don't know how I missed you Grin but I got by.

Gopt close up behind Tyf for several laps, bumper to bumper but I just could'nt get up enough of a run to pass on the straight, passed in the end and stormed away, only to find I did'nt have any tyres left:(

First time I've not been lapped in GTL Grin

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2006, 10:07:49 PM +0000 »

People, the rules are very clear, absolutely no finger pointing, blame apportioning, or personal attacks allowed in the public forums.

If you are involved in an incident during the race and believe that a moderator should look at it because there has been a breach of good driving standards, take it up with the appropriate moderator (in this case Locutos or myself), stating which event, and what time on the server replay, giving your version of events.

Do NOT post here - I just have to remove the remarks again, it pisses me off and it will probably piss you off to.

Angry Angry Angry

I know some of you are new but the rules are very, very clear about this, and for good reason.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
EdamSpeed
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2006, 10:16:52 PM +0000 »

That race was very wierd for me! I practiced and qualified without problem, but when it came to joining the race, I ended up in the swamp Sad Quit back to the garage, and joined again - still swamp. Did this a couple of times then watched from the monitor.

I could see the cars go round the track, but couldn't see any chat. Eventually I got bored and joined on the swamp, and tried to join the track from there - I could! So I drove around for a few laps, just to see if people would notice me (but not getting in the way). Amazingly I was able to have a bit of a battle with a few drivers, even though I was several laps down.

Checking the replay now to see how it looked from the server point of view.
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2006, 10:20:53 PM +0000 »

I remember seeing your car marker off track  Huh But I think only David Bellamy would have found you in all the undergwowf Wink

Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2006, 10:24:21 PM +0000 »

Lol, Bloody hell Jon, you're showing you age there my man  Grin
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2006, 10:25:10 PM +0000 »

This race has proved it, the GT40's are by far the easiest car to go fast with. In the top 4 there were 3 GT40's!!!.

If I'd known I wasn't going to be the only one I'd have taken something else. As it was I'd done no practice in anything else and thought it'd be safer to stick with it.

Was amazed to get pole given that there were other GT40s out; less than .02s ahead of Ruskus.

I don't think I've led a pace lap before - what a nervewracking experience! Not really anywhere at Dijon to warm the tyres properly other than the main straight. Tried to keep a nice steady pace of 100km/h through the last few right handers, give the field a chance to form up. After my extreme muppetry last night I was very careful not to "go go go" until reaching the line. Managed to get good seperation on Ruskus using the GT40's power before T1, then totally boogered Bretelle up and let him past. Roll Eyes Cheesy

I think it must've been the end of that lap that Franky was up close behind me; remember thinking "he's going to have a go into T1, there's no way he'll make it!", staying wide out on the left and just letting him sail by at a silly angle. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Spent lap after lap trying to make an impression on the gap to Ruskus but couldn't find any more speed in the car. Finally we started to hit traffic and then Franky started to catch me; finally it all got too much to concentrate on at once and I spun in Bretelle, dropping back to fifth behind Pero who was doing a frankly amazing job in the TVR. With just a few laps to go I managed to snatch 4th back by powering past on the s/f straight. I must say the GT40 seems almost dishonestly fast! Shocked Cheesy

Anyway, managed not to hit anyone or wibble the pace lap up so I feel a lot better tonight than I did after last night! Tongue

To finish first, first you must have fins.
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2006, 10:27:48 PM +0000 »

Lol, Bloody hell Jon, you're showing you age there my man Grin

I saw a betamax....I mean DVD of him the otherday........Honest Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com