by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 12:22:18 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL S0-B R3: February 01, 2006
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL - Season 0-B (GTC65) - Round 3, Mondello Park National - Feb 1  (Read 8149 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« on: January 25, 2006, 10:52:55 PM +0000 »

UKGTL - Season 0-B (GTC65) - Round 3 at Mondello Park National

Please make sure you have read at least the Driving Standards section of the SimRacing rules before racing.

Date: Wednesday 1st February

Practice 1: 8:30pm (15 mins)
Qual 2: 8:45pm (25 mins)
Race: 9:10pm (30 mins - 29 laps)

Cars allowed: Any GTC65 Class car.
Track: Mondello Park National
Time of Day Setting: 10:00
Start Procedure: Pace lap led by pole sitter. See this section of the rules on rolling starts. Average speed may need to be reduced from GTR to GTL, but we'll play that by ear.

Server: SimRacing.co.uk (UKGTL)
Password: usual practice password

See UKGTL Season 0 Announcement post for extra information on Season 0.

Race incidents should be reported by PM to Dave Gymer as indicated in this thread...
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=1101.0
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 08:02:02 AM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 10:32:59 PM +0000 »

Elan for me.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 10:56:18 PM +0000 »

I doubt I'll be home in time for this one, but I think I might try either the lower powered Cobra or a 'Vette for my next event.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Iain

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 10:57:19 PM +0000 »

think i might cobra this one

GtrRank name = Iain
greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 11:05:43 PM +0000 »

Might take the GT40 if I want to give you all a good laugh.
There again perhaps not.  Grin

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 05:46:32 PM +0000 »

Here is my suggestion for rolling start:
If the pole driver crosses the line and accelerates away, there is some time that the nr 2 has to react to that, and that will lose him time. By the time the last driver reacts, there are many seconds lost. Especially at Mondello where the last guy can't see the nr1 so he has no idea when he crosses the line and he can throttle it.
Here is the suggestion, the number one should have "Green flag" (or something) under quick chat. And when he crosses the line and accelerates, he should press the button for the message so everybody can eract to it. If the nr 1 doesn't say it (or at the wrong time, what the nr 2 and 3 can see), he should be penatalized.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 06:53:17 PM +0000 »

Here is my suggestion for rolling start:
If the pole driver crosses the line and accelerates away, there is some time that the nr 2 has to react to that, and that will lose him time. By the time the last driver reacts, there are many seconds lost. Especially at Mondello where the last guy can't see the nr1 so he has no idea when he crosses the line and he can throttle it.
Here is the suggestion, the number one should have "Green flag" (or something) under quick chat. And when he crosses the line and accelerates, he should press the button for the message so everybody can eract to it. If the nr 1 doesn't say it (or at the wrong time, what the nr 2 and 3 can see), he should be penatalized.

The whole purpose of going only when the car in front goes is to help spread the field out as it heads for turn 1, to minimize first corner collisions. I know it grates a bit and many consider it "not proper racing" but a big T1 shunt spreads the field out a lot more and usually ends a few peoples' races too.

Online racing just doesn't afford the field of vision and useful mirrors required for the "full on" starting procedures used in real world racing. The system we're using is tried and tested over the four championships of UKGTR Season 1 and goes a long way towards ensuring that everyone makes it far enough into an event to actually have an enjoyable race instead of being taken out on lap 1.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 07:09:28 PM +0000 »

the number one should have "Green flag" (or something) under quick chat.

Quite a lot of us run with in-game chat off so as we don't get distracted by the chat that goes on.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 07:41:18 PM +0000 »

I think I'm going to have to sit this one out - had a nasty stomach bug all day and I still feel rotten. Shame really, as I had a hoot practicing in the Elan yesterday, especially when I got under 1.02  Smiley Puts me 10th on GTLRank for all GTC65 cars. Anyway, if the server isn't full and I feel any better then I might join in later.

Have fun

Paul
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 07:43:35 PM +0000 »

I have no clue on how real life GTL races would be done, but I've seen a couple of GTR races last season and they ALL have rolling starts. And worrying about 'seconds' lost is a bit strange, seeing that there's only 1 start system where everyone would be allowed to floor it at the same time at the same distance from the start/finish line... And that's when we all go and spread out right behind the line, rofl! Which would in itself defeat the whole purpose of having a qualification... ROFL! I also wonder if there's ANY track in the world that would support 24 cars lined up next to each other? LOL!

Gimme a break on starting procedure, bloody hell...

T
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 07:56:34 PM +0000 »

I'm getting pretty sick of all suggestions being blown off, because they all know better and dont want intake.'This is a test season, so test things, not just standing starts and rolling starts. Experiment, make changes. After this season there will still be no answers, only more questions.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 07:57:01 PM +0000 »

I think I'm going to have to sit this one out - had a nasty stomach bug all day and I still feel rotten. Shame really, as I had a hoot practicing in the Elan yesterday, especially when I got under 1.02  Smiley Puts me 10th on GTLRank for all GTC65 cars. Anyway, if the server isn't full and I feel any better then I might join in later.

Don't panic yet Paul, you've 24 hours to recover, this race is tomorrow Wink

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 08:00:35 PM +0000 »

You're joking? That's excellent news!

Cya tommorrow :-)

Paul
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 08:10:43 PM +0000 »

I'm getting pretty sick of all suggestions being blown off, because they all know better and dont want intake.'This is a test season, so test things, not just standing starts and rolling starts. Experiment, make changes. After this season there will still be no answers, only more questions.

Feedback is welcome, but we are unable to act on every suggestion we receive. The rolling starts procedure is something that has been developed over many GTR league races into something that works. There are practical considerations with changing it, most of our drivers are familiar with how it works from GTR and there will be confusion if it changes for every race.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 10:16:03 PM +0000 »

There is nothing wrong with accelerating when the car in front accelerates, instead of all gunning it at the same time, which may well be more "realistic" but what does it matter if the guy infront gains upto 1 second at the start?, if you cant gain a second back then you're certainly not good enough to overtake them.
Out of all people you should be the least worried about losing a few tenths at the start, don't you think? Grin

At the minute the "accelerating" after the guy infront is working and is the best for reducing incedents as Dave has said. Smiley

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com