Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 04:36:45 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S24SC Zolder: June 07, 2013
June 07, 2013, 11:05:55 PM +0100 - Zolder (1965-72) - UKGPL Season 24 (2013) Sports Car Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Lola T222 Group 7 5 +2.452
110.785mph
1 41:37.604
108.700mph
29 1:22.991
112.804mph
Goodyear  
clouds
 Shadows
McLaren M8F Group 7 2 +0.262
113.733mph
2 +0.513
108.678mph
29 1:23.103
112.652mph
Goodyear  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Porsche 917/10 Group 7 7 +5.040
107.493mph
3 +1.869
108.619mph
29 1:24.663
110.576mph
Goodyear  
Mark Jones

McLaren M8D Group 7 1 1:22.051
114.096mph
4 +43.773
106.828mph
29 1:22.289
113.766mph
Goodyear  
maddog
 Antipasti Racing
Lola T260 Group 7 6 +2.716
110.440mph
5 +6L
104.554mph
23 1:25.109
109.997mph
Disco
Goodyear  
DLogan

Ferrari 712M Group 7 4 +1.595
111.920mph
6 +20L
105.125mph
9 1:23.787
111.732mph
Disco
Firestone  
Cookie
 Antipasti Racing
McLaren M8F Group 7 3 +1.093
112.596mph
7 +21L
109.087mph
8 1:24.502
110.787mph
Disco
Goodyear  
UKGPL 8

Porsche 917/10 Group 7 8 8 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

Congratulations to Dean on winning this combined championship. His speed and some consistant point scoring put him out of reach of the rest of us mere mortals.

Thanks to all who took part in this championship and I think generally the standard of driving and conduct was very good all season, but some races were better than others..............

Although there were no reported incidents in this race, there were incidents that would not come under the heading of "Perfect". As usual I watch the whole race for transgressions and this last race was no exception.

I will spare the guilty by not naming names, but there was a somewhat ambitious overtaking move by a lapped car that took out a car that was 1 lap ahead?.
But then, the unfortunate victim of that incident made a rejoin that resulted in contact with another driver who was about to pass??!!

I know that it was the last race of the season and there were still some places in the championship still to be decided, but I think the very high standard of driving that we saw through this series slipped a little at Zolder lol ?? tut! tut!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 24 (2013) Sports Car Trophy - Zolder - Jun 7  (Read 3684 times)
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2013, 11:24:32 PM +0100 »

Last time out for the Can Ams and we finish at Zolder.

Zolder was built in 1963 but it didn't host the Belgian Grand Prix until 1973.  Zolder hosted the Formula One Belgian Grand Prix on 10 separate occasions in the 1970s and 1980s.  But when Spa Franchorchamps was significantly revised and the safety standards vastly improved the Grand Prix returned to it's original home and Zolder fell out of favour.

Remember that you will have to chose a different car for this race and by now your choice is becoming limited.

"Please ensure you are aware of the new in-series penalties for this season. Details are here. Drivers incurring a penalty will receive a PM informing them of this."

Race listiGOR
ServerUKGPL_8
IP addressTBA
Date07-06-2013
Race timeRace starts at 09:30 UK time
Qualifying timeBetween 30 and 60 minutes, starting no later than 21:00 UK time
TrackZolder 67
ModCan Am
Damage modelINT (Each driver is allowed a single Shift-R)
Race length29 laps
ReplayAvailable here

For this event the red zone will be from the START line to BUTTE

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:56:39 PM +0100 by Cookie » Logged

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
garethhall
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 07:54:23 AM +0100 »

not gunna make this one, wheel/pedals now too knackered for canam.  :'(
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 06:12:02 PM +0100 »

For the CanAms tonight I made the grid wider, I hope this helps to get a clean start for all Wink

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 07:03:18 PM +0100 »

This means some at the back might not see the green flag, so not much chance of taking the lead on the first lap. no
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 10:10:42 PM +0100 »

Beached it twice.   Sad

Grats to whoever hung on.
Mark Jones

Calm like a Bomb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 12:02:11 AM +0100 »

I can't believe I missed the damn start!  I was having a sip of water and somehow lost track of the time.  Should have been coffee instead.

- Hearty congratulations to Dean for the championship.

These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back.
liveclive

I play by the rules, my rules

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 12:19:22 PM +0100 »

Grats to Dean on the championship, and commiserations to Mark on missing out on 2nd place in the standings........that was an expensive glass of water!
Thanks to everyone who took part in this championship, which was a first using 2 different mods (GT's and Can Ams) through the season, but I hope the challenge was fun.

I think the recent heat wave  ( 22C??) in the UK affected my brain, because I was convinced that we were racing F2 on Friday at Solitude. I knew that I had a half decent set up for that circuit.......so no need to do any preparation for the race. 30 mins pre race qually would be enough for any fine tweaking.
So when I fired up Igor at 21:00 I was startled to see Can Ams @ Zolder..... Oh yes!!!  F2's are Sunday...doh!!! stupid

So, no setup and not a single lap of Zolder in a Can Am ever...lol.  I spent the whole 25 minutes that I had on race fuel trying to stop the car trying to kill me on each corner. I even applied a few adjustments as quali ended and we formed up on the grid!!
Fortunately for me ( although a little disappointing for the race) there was a small grid which meant I was not 12 cars back,plus one or two missed the start, so I was in 4th place on lap 1 and soon inherited 3rd.
I was still learning how to control the car and extract some pace as I followed Axel's Mclaren, which seemed a bit of a beast to control from where I was. Slowly I was able to pick up the pace and apply a little pressure on Axel until he made a mistake and I was able to sneak through into 2nd ...wow!!.
Sergio was way ahead by this time, but I had bigger problems. My lack of preparation meant that I had not checked the fuel consumption and at half distance it looked unlikely that I would make it to the flag unless I started some serious short shifting and fuel conservation. But then I found a large orange Mclaren right in front of me with Sergio's name on it and the chance of 1st place beckoned.
What a dilemma!! If I pushed hard to try and take the lead I certainly did not have enough fuel, but the racer in me decided that I had to push at least for a few laps!! Sergio seemed to be trying very hard to get away, but I was able to close up easily in the heavy braking zones.

Then he slithered wide and I was through and immediately had a decent lead as he recovered.
But now it was obvious that I would have to take a SnG to re-fuel and lose the lead...until  Sergio suddenly dropped way back.
Immediately I stayed in a gear higher for each corner and short shifted everywhere trying to squeeze out the fuel whilst watching the gap to Sergio reduce lap by lap. But if I could continue to save fuel I should just make it to the end of the race...but only just!!!
Then I screwed up T1 with 3 laps to go, probably because I tried to stay in a gear too high,, and I got caught in the fencing.....Shift-R! which also meant an  SnG with Sergio much closer now scared
I now had fuel to thrash the engine but cold tyres as I emerged from the pits with Sergio pounding down the S/F straight......I had to get to T1 first   from my standing start and I did but only just!!
The last lap was 105% attack on cold tyres and an engine with far more power than they could handle, but I was just quick enough to stay ahead of Sergio and take my most unexpected win of this season.

The views expressed here by liveclive are not necessarily endorsed by the true management of evilclive.com, but they might be.
clouds

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 07:03:50 PM +0100 »

1st of all my best compliments to the 3 guys on the championship podium.
It has been a pity we were so few drivers.

Strangely on this track I suffered from poor FPS in 2 particular places, 1st at T5R and 2nd at the ultimate Turn so I tried to manage these situations but...when my FPS dropped down just at the infamous Gilles Villeneuve corner (where him landed after his tremendous flyght of death) suddenly I found myself in the nets surrounding the 2nd right hander. I had the time to come down from the nets but my drive wheel ratio of 1:16 didn't help me to make a short radius turn to remain on the track in just one move. In this event I've lost a thing like 20 secs (at least so it have seemed to me) and I've been overtook from 2 lapped guys and I don't know who of them gave me a push while I was restarting, and making me do another 360 spin. When I had my car in racing conditions I've seen Clive just behind me thinking that we could have a good final rush for the win but...in the last contact I had something of my car damaged at a point that I had to learn again how to drive it because no one of my reference key places was good enough to keep the car on track and due to this, I almost have lost the entry point of the last esses. Martin that follows close to me, has steered his car to the apex but he struck me and perhaps has completed my damage. I had to fight with my car trying to drive it to the finish line but at 3 laps to go just in the same place my engine has exploded while I had Clive at less than a second in front of me. I have had to reset an make the compulsory stop and go just few yards from that place, so after the Pit Out I had to adapt my driving for the second time having fulvio just behind me in his Porsche. I was surprised to see a car leaving the pits just in front of me while I was crossing the S/F line with 1 lap to go and...pribluda indicating that...he was CLIVE !!!! ...damn I've seen him wallowing exiting from the pits at few yards from the turn in point of T1L so I preferred not to end my brake action over him while my tires were not well in temp and I left him to be the 1st at the turn entry point (and consequently I planted a cross over my possible win).
This is the second time that clive finishes the race in less than half a second in front of me and I think he is starting to have fun with this stuff  Tongue Roll Eyes Wink

Nice championship !
Have a nice summer and
see you the next season.

[edit] after the last post by Martin "Maddog" Hunt
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 06:53:29 PM +0100 by clouds » Logged

Sergio "Clouds" Lonzar

...Houston, we've had a problem here!

Jack Swigert, April 13rd, 1970. Apollo 13 on the way to the moon.
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 08:59:19 PM +0100 »

An interesting number of corners and a good selection of cars, suggested I give Zolder a go.  Pre-race practice was promising, but online, the Lola failed to perform to expectation.  And I discovered rather late, race fuel was hazardous to ones health, but suspected the drinking of it was a requirement.  Last minute adjustment, made the 1st couple of laps a tad exploratory.

After some forward progression, it became obvious I was up against a tyre barrier, due to heat, which put me against a fence barrier, after a dozen laps.  Despite my S & G, Mark's slow start meant by mid-race, he was still chasing my tail.  It was then, a slower car appeared in my sights.  The replay reveals it was Sergio.  His Mclaren then locked up entering the final esses, and I kindly knocked him off the track!  Embarrassed A major apology was due, and very sportingly taken, after the race.  It would be helpful in future, to have a blue flag when catching the leader, and a lap down.  Grumble!

Mark soon past me, and Clive eventually past Sergio, who had dominated much of the race.  Their last lap was a tremendous scrap, between two worthy contenders.  I'd like to deny rumors, Lola drivers were under team orders to fend off the opposition.  And it would be good to see one or 2 of their original tracks, featured in future Can-Am gathering.    
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:01:42 PM +0100 by maddog » Logged
Mark Jones

Calm like a Bomb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 02:20:00 AM +0100 »

commiserations to Mark on missing out on 2nd place in the standings........that was an expensive glass of water!

I'll sweep the pieces into a jar and label it "3rd place"...    Cool

These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back.
clouds

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 08:41:07 PM +0100 »

Don't complain Mark you've only missed a start, at Spa I've missed the entire race.  Tongue Roll Eyes

Sergio "Clouds" Lonzar

...Houston, we've had a problem here!

Jack Swigert, April 13rd, 1970. Apollo 13 on the way to the moon.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 09:47:32 PM +0100 »

Moderation published.

Grats to Dean on the Championship.

Thanks to all who took part for some great racing.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com