by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 09:38:54 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL to move to the Simbin lobby  (Read 6421 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2013, 04:03:41 PM +0100 »

The first event to take place in the Simbin lobby will be the GTC Hockenheim race on Monday 5th August.

To prepare for the switchover it is best if you make a new copy of your current GTL install (maybe call it Simbin GTL), change the content of the LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT file to read thus: gtlsrv.race-game.com
Start up your new Simbin GTL and register. If you reach the lobby try to enter the event entitled "Simracing.org.uk MONDAY". The password is our normal practise password. And that's it.

Any problems please post here.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:26:13 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 12:31:26 PM +0100 »

Have an earlier installation of Simbin Lobby installation which gets into the lobby but it doesn't accept today's installation of Istanbul - used existing copy in my GTL archives (for which I got invitation to overwrite).  Huh

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 12:41:53 PM +0100 »

but it doesn't accept today's installation of Istanbul - used existing copy in my GTL archives (for which I got invitation to overwrite).  Huh

Bill, your going to have to be less cryptic, I've no idea what your trying to get across  Huh  Istanbul???

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 01:00:12 PM +0100 »

but it doesn't accept today's installation of Istanbul - used existing copy in my GTL archives (for which I got invitation to overwrite).  Huh

Bill, your going to have to be less cryptic, I've no idea what your trying to get across  Huh  Istanbul???

That's the track I see for "GTL Monday's - Here soon." - assumed that was the track you'd selected.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 01:12:51 PM +0100 »

That's the track I see for "GTL Monday's - Here soon." - assumed that was the track you'd selected.
Thanks Bill, now I understand. My bad, tonight I'll set the track to a standard one and report back. At least you've reached the lobby so that's the dodgy part sorted.

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 01:16:38 PM +0100 »

Thanks Bill, now I understand. My bad, tonight I'll set the track to a standard one and report back. At least you've reached the lobby so that's the dodgy part sorted.

Been on earlier right track but can't get onto track - bad password.  Will try again now.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 01:21:55 PM +0100 »

Simbin doesn't want to go for me, get incorrect password message will try again tonight before tonight's race.  rockon

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 04:38:28 PM +0100 »

Thanks Tony......all seems to be working here.

Not convinced it will be the answer to our disco problems though  Undecided

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 04:47:17 PM +0100 »

Thanks Tony......all seems to be working here.

Not convinced it will be the answer to our disco problems though  Undecided

Good. No but there are other positive advantages  Wink  (hopefully)

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 06:30:18 PM +0100 »

Simbin doesn't want to go for me, get incorrect password message will try again tonight before tonight's race.  rockon

OK, so I have now set it to Anderstorp GP running the TVR. The password is simbin

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 07:48:24 PM +0100 »

OK, so I have now set it to Anderstorp GP running the TVR. The password is simbin

Can't see Anderstorp or  GTL Monday's - Here soon.  Roll Eyes Will try again later.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 08:58:18 PM +0100 »

Can't see Anderstorp or  GTL Monday's - Here soon.  Roll Eyes Will try again later.
No because it's shut down as we have a race tonight. It will be back afterwards

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 09:45:33 PM +0100 »

No because it's shut down as we have a race tonight. It will be back afterwards

Thanks Tony I'm OK now. thumbup1

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 09:55:00 PM +0100 »

Good  Smiley

Ross Hawkey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 07:44:53 PM +0100 »

All set up.

I see the server in the server list fine, and have joined ok
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:47:56 PM +0100 by Ross Hawkey » Logged

Ross Hawkey
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com