by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 09:18:49 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: P&G 3 now out  (Read 17440 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2012, 04:59:48 PM +0000 »

Is this going to be a late entrant for dullest thread of 2012?

Watch this space folks

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2012, 05:50:55 PM +0000 »

Shall we move on to the subtle differences between radials and cross-ply behaviour just to send Tony off to sleep?  Wink

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2012, 06:47:43 PM +0000 »

Thank heaven you were here Tony to drag us back to all those exciting race announcement threads!  sleep1
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2012, 07:01:35 PM +0000 »

Fair play guys, I deserve it.  Cheesy

But come on Gents, shouldn't it be about the fun of racing with like minded others in fair facsimile's of cars, around fair facsimile's of tracks. It's the racing, after all, that brings us all together not whether the 2nd flange sprocket on a 1973 blahmobile behaves differently than in real life. Who cares! We all get to drive (mostly) dream cars at speed without any come back if we smash into stuff. We mostly practise a lot and drive considerately and try not to muck up each others evenings on race night. And then we can recap our famous victories/close 2nds/tail end charlie battles in post race post's. But if we lose sight of the Fun part then what's the point?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2012, 09:07:10 PM +0000 »

Unfortunately for me Tony I can't enjoy the fun unless there is a certain level of 'believability' (is that a word?). I know that it is a sim and not the real thing, but if driving the sim car feels unrealistic to me and I can't drive it the way I would a real car then it just doesn't work. Probably a personal thing, as I know lots of others have a blast with all the old cars and the period feel (which I also like), but there is no point denying it to myself. As I said, I really wanted to like this.

I should also add that this isn't a sim racing snob thing - the last 2 major events I have done in sim racing have been using GTR2 and I had a blast in both.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2012, 09:15:30 PM +0000 »

Take the porsche 2.5T out for a blast around a track like Dubai national, it has all the classic 911 traits, great fun through the curves  Cool just used it on the GC server (before yet another idiot punted me off  Roll Eyes )

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2012, 12:12:10 PM +0000 »

Take the porsche 2.5T out for a blast around a track like Dubai national, it has all the classic 911 traits, great fun through the curves  Cool just used it on the GC server (before yet another idiot punted me off  Roll Eyes )

That's also why I have partly stuck with the RSR (and last night the CSL) as your up front and generally out of the mid-pack chaos. Bring on the league races!

But if we lose sight of the Fun part then what's the point?

Never said otherwise mate, I drive F1 2012 and Forza for gods sake lol  Wink

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2012, 12:51:26 PM +0000 »

Bit OT sorry, but how do you find Forza Andy? Ive been contemplating buying an xbox for months just to get hold of Forza4. All i have read is positive reviews of it, and watching youtube vids, the physics look pretty realistic as the cars move through corner sequences. Is it worth getting? Plenty of xbox bundle deals to be had around this time of year with xmas approaching. There seems to be a fantastic range of cars for it and the ALMS series used it at every race to showcase a lap around whatever track they were at. I just didnt want to splash out on a console and find out its arcadey. (but will also use it for the odd fifa match and FPS  Wink ).

And yes did start to think a fast car up front would be better in the GC server, too many idiots smashing into you further back, but i am really enjoying driving some of the slower cars. Its odd as i thought only maturer adults would like P&G but there seems to be an element of kiddy thicko must-win driving on their public server. Some are making no attempt to race, just smash into you at corners or rejoin the track at full chat and t-bone others  Huh
The sooner league racing starts the better  Smiley  I hear that GC and Race2play are intending to run series soon, and hopefully here too.

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2012, 03:47:22 PM +0000 »

Yeah the public servers seem to have these guys whether its a nice niche like PnG or people bouncing off the walls all the way round Nords on Race 07 !

Found Forza to be great fun MJ! Physics wise its not as good as, say PnG, with the car a bit light on its feet feeling and therefore quite oversteerey. Overall though great fun with the 911 RSR's from ALMS and the prototypes down to the 250 Testa Rossa race car and DBR1.....

... of course it is the best looking sim ever as well!

Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2012, 11:27:59 AM +0000 »

Didnt realise this was out till I checked out the insidesimracing video on youtube.

I got thing installed in a new PnG folder copying the files from GTR2 folder (from install), Ran the update thing, and when i run it I get lot of hard drive activity but nothing actually happening. Sad

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2012, 11:30:13 AM +0000 »

Not sure tbh, I would recommend a PnG only install if you have the disk space

Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2012, 12:01:49 PM +0000 »

Sorted working Cheesy

1 question I do have which I can't find in options, is that stupid gear suggestion at each corner always in way, where in options is it, or what is it called?

purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2012, 12:20:31 PM +0000 »

Sorted working Cheesy

1 question I do have which I can't find in options, is that stupid gear suggestion at each corner always in way, where in options is it, or what is it called?

I think that is actually the corner severity assist, corner markers? i think. You'll see it in options somewhere

Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2012, 01:29:38 PM +0000 »

Sorted working Cheesy

I think that is actually the corner severity assist, corner markers? i think. You'll see it in options somewhere

thanks all working even lobby  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com