Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:11:21 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Special Offer to Panchine Participants  (Read 2145 times)
maddog

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2013, 06:51:53 PM +0100 »

Yes folks, this is the place to hear about the new, once in a lifetime opportunity, offered exclusively and only, to members of the select club of Ukgpl racers, who pilot GT cars on a Friday, at a track shortly to be announced . . . . Panchine!

As a genuine member of the exclusive GPL Modding group, and fully certified, I have been gifted the ability to create things . . . some of which you may see when passing a track nearby.  Hence, I am hereby enabled to announce, the creation a new thing, to be gifted to some of our numbers, excluding 13, at the meeting of October 18th, at a track to be decided on . . . . umm, Panchine.

This rare and superfluous opportunity is offered, only to qualified 'Heavies'.  To qualify, you must be of Heavy material, sit squarely on the starting grid, and make a serious race attempt.  This will enable you to race, and allow ones person's, acquisition of a unique hand built repaint, of the car of choice at the event - the Chaparral 2F!  It's a potential race winner at, Panchine.

This car has always and only ever been white.  But now, 46 years after it's first appearance, I have used my unbridled craftsmanship, and lucky horseshoe, to create a completely new, and entirely original paint scheme, with which to shock the motoring masses, and some of their pit crew, as this is not any ordinary and average paint scheme, or a copy of anything seen in life, or online.  It's altogether different, worthy of inspection, and those acquiring it, will surely be the envy of all their friends and neighbors.  Umm, well some of them anyway, including those at, Panchine!  laugh

This one time offer, is spurred by the low turnout at Friday Trophy races.  The gift on offer, took many hours to create.  Questions, translation into homoligated English, and unsolicited banter, should be placed in the space provided below. 
clouds

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 07:08:54 PM +0100 »

I have made custom liveries for the 67's cars with which we all Italians have raced in the GPFun championship but...if you wants, and overall, if I will find the car's templates, I could also try to customize our cars as well. The problem is that we cannot see the skin on each car of each driver without a fixed rule to enter the track except in our PC with the car livery assigned to the car number 4 that usually is the car number that GPL assigns by default to the local driver (I think I already have spoken about this). It is nice identify a driver by means of the livery of his car. To do this we should have to meet in iGOR some minutes before the start of the qualify and and get in in a particular order. Anyway I think that every action that makes this simulator more interesting is appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:58:17 PM +0100 by clouds » Logged

Sergio "Clouds" Lonzar

...Houston, we've had a problem here!

Jack Swigert, April 13rd, 1970. Apollo 13 on the way to the moon.
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 10:54:26 PM +0100 »

Readers - I do believe I sense, hidden amongst the Cloud's, a fiendishly clandestine attempt, to hijack my creation, and my idea to splendidly splatter a masterful machine. and instead to replace it's splendor, with a plethora of prefabricated, pre-used carskins of prior useage.  I alone offer the Maddog Special - do not settle for less! smartass
clouds

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 04:26:51 PM +0100 »

I'll post my creations also when completed ;-)

Sergio "Clouds" Lonzar

...Houston, we've had a problem here!

Jack Swigert, April 13rd, 1970. Apollo 13 on the way to the moon.
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 11:02:43 PM +0100 »

Apologies Sergio, I did not realize you have some new work in progress.  There will certainly be interest, and I hope you post the results at SRMZ.  However, I have focused all my attention on one car, and concentrated all of my powers of colour coordination, explicitly on this car of choice, for all GT Heavies planning to achieve greatness, or even lesserness, at the aforementioned track of Panchine.  My hand, eye, and nose coordination exerted solely on this one car alone, have allowed  a concoction of colours even harder to surpass, than I am at the track.  This incredulous one time offering, is not for general circulation, amongst the masses, but only for those intrepid few, who circulate at . . . .  Panchine.  angel
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:05:14 PM +0100 by maddog » Logged
Johnny.P

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 04:18:57 PM +0100 »

I'd like to try your new artwork maddog- speaking of mods do you know if any of the gpl mods contain the Ferrari 156 'sharknose'? I've had a pull back matchbox one on my desk for years- it's ace and one of my favourite old racing cars.
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 07:28:35 PM +0100 »

Your car will be ready and waiting, after Fridays race.  I almost won last Friday's race at Panchine, because the handicap gave me a fast car.

The shark nosed Ferrari has been modeled for GPL.  If you look at SRMZ, there are one or 2 jpegs there of it.  Those featured ATM are not suitable for GPL - the GPL's were on a thread about future Mods.  But I've not seen any development work on 61's, and the model(s) are only the first step.  So it's unlikely we'll see a Mod from that year anytime soon, unless there's a secret project I don't know of.  Undecided
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 07:31:27 PM +0100 by maddog » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com