by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 08:14:07 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L14BSCC Anglesey: February 10, 2014
February 10, 2014, 08:44:49 PM +0000 - Anglesey (International) - UKGTL Season 14 British Saloon Car Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Anglia Super (#162) TC-65 D2 1 1:38.368
68.035mph
1 39:53.799
67.098mph
24 1:38.413
68.004mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin Mini Cooper 1275S (#595) TC-65 D2 2 +0.109
67.960mph
2 +13.062
66.734mph
24 1:39.078
67.548mph
Dunlop  
evert blommert
 Dutch Turtles
Ford Anglia Super (#43) TC-65 D2 3 +0.821
67.472mph
3 +17.737
66.605mph
24 1:38.072
68.241mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus Cortina (#921) TC-65 D2 6 +2.434
66.393mph
4 +1:03.192
65.373mph
24 1:40.836
66.370mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Austin Mini Cooper 1275S (#594) TC-65 D2 5 +2.389
66.422mph
5 +1:20.444
64.917mph
24 1:41.098
66.198mph
Dunlop  
chmichel

Ford Anglia Super (#162) TC-65 D2 4 +2.363
66.439mph
6 +1:32.258
64.608mph
24 1:41.193
66.136mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Daimler 450 V8 (#450) TC-65 D2 7 +2.964
66.045mph
7 +15L 9 1:41.477
65.951mph
unknown
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Austin Mini Cooper 1275S (#597) TC-65 D2 8 +5.475
64.448mph
8 +23L 1 1:53.062
59.193mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 14 British Saloon Car Cup - Anglesey - Feb 10  (Read 7906 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 09:56:15 PM +0000 »

Many thanks Tony. D/loading now and hopefully this clears the problem.

Could you post a screenshot of what your "Sounds" folder looks like, because frankly, mine does not look right to me.

Within the Sounds folder I would have expected to see a folder for "Cars" and inside that a separate file for each car that I have downloaded, containing the relevant sound files.  My current "Sounds" folder contains folders labelled :-

Alfa 33-3
Ambient
Cars
Cars1
DCH
Ferrari 312P
ferrari 512scl
GTR
Lalo T70
Matra MS650
Min_SA
P908-2
Pit
Porsche_917k

and then beneath that a huge list of .wav files which seem to relate to every car in the above list plus a good few others from 914 Porsche to Vette.

I am beginning to think ( actually it looks pretty damn certain!!) that somehow I have "exploded" my Sounds folder and screwed the whole thing, so that GTL cannot find the relevant sound files for the engine noises?

I am thinking I might create a new Sounds folder ( rename my existing to "duff Sounds" ) and put your "Cars" folder in there along with "Ambient" and "PIT"??

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 10:23:48 PM +0000 »

Just dropped your "Cars" folder into my "Sounds" file and.............hallejulah!! I am no longer deaf!! ...

is Tony the messiah?  or just a very naughty boy? Roll Eyes

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 10:28:24 PM +0000 »

lol

The Cars folder will contain all the sounds required by the "Standard" car files. Also you will see folders containing the sound files required by "Mod" cars.

Glad your now fixed.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 03:58:39 PM +0000 »

Race Announcement revised

In testing I have discovered that the 5 speed Ford Anglia's are prone to overheating and will cook the engine. I have now removed the effected cars from the server and they are not available for selection.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 04:37:13 PM +0000 »

Took PC to Computer Builder this morning to have Win 7 Professional on original HD and make computer dual boot - only problem they have loads of work.  Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 07:05:17 PM +0000 »

A real on board lap (most of it) in my 106  Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl3PzuapURM

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 07:13:41 PM +0000 »

Great stuff mate. And blue sky's too!

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 07:16:22 PM +0000 »

And it was October!

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 08:49:48 PM +0000 »

Cleaned up pedals were breaking contact again, swapped for MS Sidewinder, but the pedals are so different
I kept lifting too hard. or riding the brake and was a danger to other road users so left.  taz

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 09:10:40 PM +0000 »

Looks like the Anglia is the best car for this series - and I've got only one drive left  Huh Embarrassed Sad

The Jag tank was the wrong choice for this one (however I was only about one second faster in the
Mini/Cortina but even less consistent).
Gave up demoralized after about 10 laps.

Have fun guys  Wink

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 09:25:10 PM +0000 »

Took PC to Computer Builder this morning to have Win 7 Professional on original HD and make computer dual boot - only problem they have loads of work.  Grin

Hope you get your problems sorted.

Thinking about a multi boot system too (XP, 7 and a Linux version), but that will still require a lot of time  Smiley

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 09:54:56 PM +0000 »

Replay and Results now posted.

Hope you get your pedals fixed soon Matt.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:16:01 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 11:15:19 PM +0000 »

Now that was hard work !  Grin

The Mini struck me as the perfect choice for this very tight track - all others seemed positively oversized, and offline practice suggested I would be fastest in it.

Knocked over ½ sec off my previous best during qualify, so naturally very chuffed about that.  Alas, just as I was feeling smug about my pole, in swoops Mr. Evil and snatches it from under my nose..   blink

For once made a decent start and didn't loose any places.  Had to drive each lap as if I was trying to qualify, just to stay somewhat in touch with a Clive on fire. Around midrace however, it was painfully obvious I couldn't  keep pace. No time to relax though, as I suddenly noticed my comfortable gap to 3rd had started to dwindle - fast!  Hitched up the Mini's skirts once again and pushed as hard as I could.  Noticed at the hairpin that my pursuer was Evert. "Uh oh, probably still pi**ed at me for knocking him off at Norisring.."  Some extra motivation to stay ahead then, but the gap inexorably continued to drop.  Fortunately, the race ended before he could catch me. sweatdrop

Congrats to Clive on a perfect drive and the win!  clap

Hope Matt, Bill and everyone else with problems gets them sorted - oh and cool video from the real track Matt!

Cheers,
Erling
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2014, 08:53:54 AM +0000 »

Really impressive pace in the Mini Erling, just couldn't get anymore out of mine.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2014, 09:51:24 AM +0000 »

I have to confess that it was a very nice feeling to eventually get in a decent performance with GTL. Grats to all those who finished and to Wiley who kept me honest for the whole race where one big mistake on my part could have changed the result.

When the away team at Blue Moose Racing saw "Anglesey" as the venue last week, I thought we would be in trouble. A new track, and as I had missed the first round in this championship some new cars to get to grips with as well  Undecided. The technical department ( Mabel and Arnold Glutbucket) set about planning the visit to these foreign shores, somewhere off the North Coast of Wales.

Money is tight at Blue Moose, so the Boss "Bob Kayak Bob" "the ever revolving head honcho around these parts" passed a plain brown envelope to the assembled team and sent us on our way with a motivational speech which was difficult to hear through his clenched cigar, but sounded like "now bugger off you bunch of losers". We had assumed that the envelope contained cash for our expenses, but we discovered otherwise when we stopped to fill the transporter with diesel and passed the cashier 6 Mcdonald's children's meal vouchers!!!

Eventually we reached the Welsh coast and had to find a way across the water ( it was only on the way home that we discovered that there is actually a bridge!!!).
Arnold, being the resourceful neanderthal that he is, stole a skip from a local building site and whittled two large oars from a couple of scaffold planks. Mabel helped lift the Anglebox into the skip, once we had it in the water , grumbles about "we should have used the Mini" were ignored. We all climbed aboard and Arnold gallantly passed Mabel the oars and suggested she got on with it.

We ran aground on a shingle beach just below the circuit, which had nothing to do with navigational skill and more to do with the prevailing wind...Arnold's prevailing wind!!!  which we were trying to get away from.

We used Mabel's corsets to fashion a large slingshot that fired the car up the cliffs and into the paddock. The crossing and watching Mabel's face as she strained and heaved on those oars had left me exhausted, so I grabbed a few hours sleep before qually started.
True to form they forgot to wake me and I found myself with only a few minutes to post a laptime. I rushed out onto the track with race fuel and somehow posted a pole position lap once the tyres were warmed up. I was a little surprised and somewhat nervous to find myself on pole against the more experienced members hereabouts, but I was more concerned with a strange addition to the dashboard and was going to ignore it....
But, Arnold had been reading about the latest F1 engines and had "improvised" his own KERS system on the Anglia. If I had known before taking to the track I might have demanded that he remove it  Shocked but there was no time.

One would not have thought that attaching one end of Mabel's knicker elastic to the prop shaft and bolting the other to the floor pan beneath my seat could store so much kinetic energy!!!. All Arnold had said was "When you get to the straight brace yourself, pull that red lever and hold on to the steering wheel....really hold on!!".......geez!! he was not kidding.
Henry Ford had never dreamed that his Anglia could reach escape velocity I am sure, the little red pointy thing on the dashboard went around twice and flew off as the scenery rushed towards me. I just wish Arnold's enthusiasm had extended to the braking dept too, as getting the thing slowed for that nasty left hander at the end of the straight was my biggest problem. A couple of times we exited that corner firmly on 2 wheels, or rather not very firmly, on two wheels.

TBH I was worried that I was pushing too hard early on and it might bite me back with worn tyres in later laps. So once I had a 3 second lead, I settled down to maintain the gap and watched Wiley Coyote's mini as I exited the hairpin each lap, just to be sure that he was not launching a surprise attack.
Steadily the gap grew and I was able to ease back in the final laps still with plenty of rubber to play with, both in the tyre dept and the elastic KERS dept!! ( is "KERS" an abbreviation of knicKERS? I wonder).

Really enjoyed screaming the Anglia around this track and finally having the confidence to seriously abuse the engine and still not losing more than 1% on health....we are learning.  

The Evil has landed ..... Grin  need to practice with some of the other tintops for the next rounds.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:30:09 PM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com