by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 04:11:18 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L14MWC Shanghai: April 21, 2014
April 21, 2014, 08:42:14 PM +0100 - Shanghai (GP) - UKGTL Season 14 Motorsport World Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
BMW 2002tii (#120) GTC-TC-76 1 2:26.645
82.128mph
1 49:42.909
80.751mph
20 2:27.283
81.772mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#0) GTC-TC-76 2 +1.361
81.373mph
2 +11.115
80.451mph
20 2:27.644
81.572mph
Avon  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Opel Commodore (#53) GTC-TC-76 3 +43.389
79.593mph
20 2:28.926
80.870mph
Avon  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Porsche 911S (#0) GTC-TC-76 4 +1:13.371
78.813mph
20 2:28.518
81.092mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Porsche 911S (#0) GTC-TC-76 4 +2.796
80.591mph
5 +1:15.655
78.754mph
20 2:29.468
80.577mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R (#44) GTC-TC-76 5 +14.871
74.566mph
6 +1L
75.782mph
19 2:35.093
77.654mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#58) GTC-TC-76 3 +2.501
80.751mph
7 +13L 7 2:30.303
80.129mph
unknown
Avon  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 911S (#0) GTC-TC-76 6 +35.864
65.989mph
+20L 0 ---
---
unknown
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 14 Motorsport World Cup - Shanghai - Apr 21  (Read 6959 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 09:52:40 PM +0100 »

Yes Tony, I was surprised at how fast that mini was around this track..or maybe it was my Porker that was slow?? But it looked like being a good scrap.

I saw your mini sat in the gravel after I had spun my Porsche for the 176th time ( well it seemed about that many!) and thought you had blown the engine or something equally terminal as you were making no attempt to recover.  Now I know it was a blank screen, it all makes sense.

I was guilty of giving Postal's Commodore a little encouragement on lap 1 , sorry for that  oops

I felt that I could run at the pace of his Commodore and so it proved through the race as when I ran clean laps I kept the gap the same or even closed it sometimes. But too many dumb mistakes/poor driving meant too many trips into the gravel and too much lost time. I even slowed down on the last few laps, just to try and protect the 4th place I had only to make even more mistakes at slower speeds??!!! must be my age!  Undecided

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 10:28:43 PM +0100 »

Ach, my kingdom for a constant radius curve..  Wink - getting real tired of those constantly opening or closing curves, that seems to be all the rage on these new F1 circuits.  

Had problems finding a car that felt good on this track; in the end, the Porker seemed the best alternative, as it was the 2nd quickest and most stable for me.

Qualified 4th - and most impressed with the speed of the guys ahead of me  Shocked  Made a jump start - my first!, which unfortunately sealed the race for me, with a S/G.  Was in 3rd at the end on L1, when I went in to serve it and of course came out dead last, with huge gap to the car ahead.

Relatively quickly caught up to and passed Roger in his Skyline.  Still as ferociously sounding as ever, but seemingly more bark than bite on this track.  Then spent the rest of a lonely race chasing Clive, some 15 secs ahead.  Gap was pretty constant; only on the final 2 laps did it shrink significantly, and only on the last lap did I get a visual on him. Clive, as per the previous weeks races, I thought we had an unspoken gentleman's agreement:

1. I chase you, without really making any headway.
2. You fall off track, allowing me to pass.
3. You don't have time to retake position - or conveniently run out of fuel, making it impossible.

Quite miffed that you have broken it this time..  Grin

Bill, sorry to hear about your problems.  Sad  Strange that it only affected you.  Tony, at this rate, we soon won't have any Nissans left..  Wink - pity about your black screen too; was wondering what was wrong, when I passed your stationary car.

Cheers,
Erling
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:28:05 AM +0100 by Erling G-P » Logged
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 06:18:27 AM +0100 »

Sorry folks another abortive night same as has happened previously, Roguk joining.  I don't understand as he joined during practice with no problem.  It was only during qualifying the problem arose.  Tried a different 911 S but still had problem.  Changed to a different car but by then the race had started.

I don't feel so bad this time as due to the good weather, preparing for daughter's visit for a few days (starting tomorrow) and my email being hacked I really didn't get any time to even get onto the track till this evening.

OK, I will scrap the car Roger was using.

In practice I joined with Matt only logged in. Roger joined OK and I followed him for nearly a lap.  I think he left in qualifying and problem only occurred when he re- joined.  Don't know if he changed cars.  Why it only happens to me in qualifying is the 64,000 Dollar question?

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 11:31:28 AM +0100 »

Grats to Matt on win
Grats to podium

Hi Bill sorry you lost another race due to my car, prob should not have raced here as totally unprepared, trollied around at the back dropping ever further away from the pack, then forgot to check mirror and xd and held up Matt when he lapped me not my finest day. Embarrassed
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 11:35:10 AM +0100 »

Grats to Matt on win
Grats to podium

Hi Bill sorry you lost another race due to my car, prob should not have raced here as totally unprepared, trollied around at the back dropping ever further away from the pack, then forgot to check mirror and xd and held up Matt when he lapped me not my finest day. Embarrassed

Thanks, no problem.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 12:46:00 PM +0100 »

Sorry about breaking the agreement Erling  Roll Eyes. But I always was a rebel  Wink.

In fact I made a complete hash of last nights race, with so many mistakes it was a farce! That is the last time I let Mabel use her old knicker elastic to beef up the shocks!

It was not until I crossed the line that I realised I had almost exhausted my fuel!!! Another lap could have restored the standard procedure, but as it was, I thought I was suitably cruel in allowing you to glimpse what might have been yours on the last lap shifty

Grats to the podium and the fast crowd at the front.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 12:48:44 PM +0100 »

Bill is going to reload his Nissan carset so we will have to wait to see if that fixes things.

@ Erling, yep know exactly what you mean about those non constant radius turns. Still next one is at Barcelona, a proper old racetrack.

Really, really gutted that I was dumped out of the race on Monday night. I had put in loads of praccy, getting the Mini perfectly setup for this track. Nice to have Geoffers, the Mini whisperer, with us for a race.

We seem to have "lost" some regulars recently. Hope this isn't a trend  Huh

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 01:00:22 PM +0100 »

Sorry about breaking the agreement Erling  Roll Eyes. But I always was a rebel  Wink.

In fact I made a complete hash of last nights race, with so many mistakes it was a farce! That is the last time I let Mabel use her old knicker elastic to beef up the shocks!

It was not until I crossed the line that I realised I had almost exhausted my fuel!!! Another lap could have restored the standard procedure, but as it was, I thought I was suitably cruel in allowing you to glimpse what might have been yours on the last lap shifty

Cruel indeed.. Grin

When looking at the replay, i could swear your Porker is wearing fatter rubber than mine.  Do you - or anyone else - know if this is merely cosmetic, or does it actually provide more grip ? (Could explain why I couldn't match your laptimes, although lack of driver and/or setup skills seems the more likely reason..  Wink)

Cheers,
Erling
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 02:53:34 PM +0100 »

After more connection problems in qualy again, i could just reset the router and fire up GTL before the end of the session. Although it put me last on the grid i was happy to make the race.
After some lap 1 battles i saw the top 2 edging away. Happy to better my PB from 2.30's to a 2.28.9 though. Then i noticed Clive reeling me in, so i was preparing myself for a battle. To my suprise he wasn't tailgaiting me anymore after some laps. After that it was quite a lonely race to the finish.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 04:24:43 PM +0100 »

Really, really gutted that I was dumped out of the race on Monday night. I had put in loads of praccy, getting the Mini perfectly setup for this track. Nice to have Geoffers, the Mini whisperer, with us for a race.

Yeh I had a free Monday evening so thought I would give the KAD Mini a run. Hadn't driven it since the end of the 2012 NG F1VRC series so was a bit rusty with it at first & although we raced this track that season the Mini only had a 4-speed gearbox then so I had to sort out some suitable ratios which actually wasn't as easy as it looked. Anyhow got up to speed with it during qually & had good fun racing Matt's BMW for a few laps but the long straights here are not good for the Mini & Matt gradually pulled away to a comfortable win. Congrats Matt  clap.
I did manage to lap slightly faster than I had managed in the F1VRC race here 2 years ago, so that was satisfying. Not a bad qually lap from you in the Mini Tony, you must be getting the hang of it.
I'll drop by again if I get another free Monday. Cheers all.  thumbup1
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 05:13:01 PM +0100 »

Bill is going to reload his Nissan carset so we will have to wait to see if that fixes things.

Weather changed day's schedule - done.  Also looked at DBR 1 at Snetterton.  Cool

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 06:03:33 PM +0100 »

Cruel indeed.. Grin

When looking at the replay, i could swear your Porker is wearing fatter rubber than mine.  Do you - or anyone else - know if this is merely cosmetic, or does it actually provide more grip ? (Could explain why I couldn't match your laptimes, although lack of driver and/or setup skills seems the more likely reason..  Wink)

Cheers,
Erling

I have no idea if my Porker had fatter tyres than yours Erling, but all I know is that I just used what it came with and tweaked the rear toe out and steering ratio. Then I played with the ratios in the gearbox and discovered that a really high 1st gear made the car much more stable out of those ultra slow corners, I could just stand on the gas as I approached the apex and the car would naturally rotate and smoothly accelerate away.....usually! Undecided

The hardest thing for me to sort on the Porker was the down shifts. I tend to use engine braking alongside the discs, but this always provoked savage rear end breakaway especially at the transition between that long T1 and the tight T2. Once I taught myself to delay downshifts to the last possible moment the car became quite driveable.
It was my ineptitude that prevented me getting to grips with Postal's Commodore , but maybe next time eh?? Roll Eyes

Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2014, 09:04:29 PM +0100 »

I have no idea if my Porker had fatter tyres than yours Erling, but all I know is that I just used what it came with and tweaked the rear toe out and steering ratio. Then I played with the ratios in the gearbox and discovered that a really high 1st gear made the car much more stable out of those ultra slow corners, I could just stand on the gas as I approached the apex and the car would naturally rotate and smoothly accelerate away.....usually! Undecided

The hardest thing for me to sort on the Porker was the down shifts. I tend to use engine braking alongside the discs, but this always provoked savage rear end breakaway especially at the transition between that long T1 and the tight T2. Once I taught myself to delay downshifts to the last possible moment the car became quite driveable.
It was my ineptitude that prevented me getting to grips with Postal's Commodore , but maybe next time eh?? Roll Eyes

Ah, I haven't messed with the toe settings - and never used 1st after the start, so some differences in approach Smiley

Cheers,
Erling
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 11:20:13 AM +0100 »

Hi just need some help (without starting another thread) RE: probs with Bill when my car enters race.
Have spare hard drive with win7 and new install of GTL only on drive,hope this will make sure there is no problem my end, GTL works fine, prob is when i copy from user data my roguk folder (from old drive) i still do not get all my credits etc PLEASE how do i do this?

No prob all working fine now, found this

Copying settings from an existing install to fresh install
Copy TG2001.dyn file (car cheat) from old install to new one.
Create a profile in the new install:
Launch GTL and create a profile
Use real name
Just click next/ok to accept all default settings. If you have a steering wheel, click Logitech Momo Force in the upper right corner and set effects to LOW when you come to the controller settings
Close GTL
In the old install copy the following files from the old to new install:
The *.VCR files located in ReplayData if you want to transfer old replays
The car setups located in UserData/*Username*/Settings
Config.ini (located in main folder) to transfer the configuration settings (resolution etc)
The *.PLR file located in UserData/*Username*. For the *.PLR file you should only copy a section of the text file not the entire content:
The first two sections should not be copied (i.e. [ TRACK ] and [ DRIVER ])
The rest of the *.PLR file can be copied and pasted into the new PLR file (again, leave the two first sections unchanged in the new profile (i.e. [ TRACK ] and [ DRIVER ])
Copy d3d9.dll and XD.ini to transfer XD to the new install

pasted incase anyone else finds useful.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 12:19:54 PM +0100 by roguk » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com