by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 11:54:34 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L14BSCC Donington Park: August 11, 2014
August 11, 2014, 08:41:33 PM +0100 - Donington Park (National) - UKGTL Season 14 British Saloon Car Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Lotus Cortina (#955) TC-65 D2 1 1:25.210
83.673mph
1 40:37.017
81.918mph
28 1:25.587
83.305mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Daimler 450 V8 (#450) TC-65 D2 2 +0.451
83.233mph
2 +2.484
81.834mph
28 1:26.157
82.754mph
Dunlop  
Tibernius
 Prodigy Racing
Austin Mini Cooper 1275S (#597) TC-65 D2 3 +0.730
82.963mph
3 +29.593
80.935mph
28 1:26.585
82.345mph
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus Cortina (#923) TC-65 D2 6 +4.480
79.494mph
4 +1L
78.215mph
27 1:28.311
80.735mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Anglia Super (#162) TC-65 D2 4 +0.832
82.864mph
5 +2L
71.062mph
26 1:26.211
82.702mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford Anglia Super (#43) TC-65 D2 5 +1.428
82.294mph
6 +10L 18 1:25.632
83.261mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 14 British Saloon Car Cup - Donington Park - Aug 11  (Read 4691 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2013, 01:06:05 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 28

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (28 laps)

Track: Donington Park (National)

Cars allowed: Austin Mini Cooper, Lotus Cortina, Jaguar MkII, Ford Anglia Download this, Daimler V8 Download this

The 5-speed Ford Anglia's are not to be used as they overheat and cook the engine.

Car restrictions: Two drives maximum per make. Check your status here

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Mondays
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 04:06:40 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 03:35:45 PM +0000 »

Race Announcement revised

5 speed Ford Anglia's removed from series

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Kostya
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 12:26:48 PM +0100 »

Hello.If I can, possibly go.

Thanks
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 01:00:07 PM +0100 »

Hello.If I can, possibly go.

Thanks

Your most welcome to join us Kostya. See you on Monday night hopefully  thumbup1

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 08:51:53 PM +0100 »

Hope you all had a good race.

Disappointed GTL works fine off line BUT when tried to join server it keeps loading players names, task master not able to stop GTL have to reset, any ideas how to solve problem most welcome.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 09:15:24 PM +0100 »

Getting stuck when joining online with players name usually means you don't have their car loaded on your PC.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 09:17:30 PM +0100 »

After some early action with Erling I went wide twice and span once. I think I have a faulty brake pedal as sometimes the brakes didn't seem to work and other times they worked all too well.

Anyway I had another screen lock-up  cursing

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 09:56:46 PM +0100 »

Replay and results now posted

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 06:24:33 AM +0100 »

After some early action with Erling I went wide twice and span once. I think I have a faulty brake pedal as sometimes the brakes didn't seem to work and other times they worked all too well.

Anyway I had another screen lock-up  cursing

Gave me half crown sixpence moment! Roll Eyes

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 10:25:33 AM +0100 »

Raced successfully last night. thumbup1 rockon

Haven't sorted out the wheel problem, just worked around it with the various files I have on my computer and USB drives.  Fortunately GTL runs under either Win 8.1 or Win 7 Prof.  So I had a running system but unluckily only the basic installation. Eventually found out from Tony that after installing the Unlock you need to make a new driver (Bill 2).  Unfortunately then I had the wheel control problem but was able to rename a working PRL File and overwrite the Bill 2 PRL file and it was go man go. Also got GTL under steam working to merged a working copy with next Monday's race on it.  Able last night, thanks to Tony's quick response on server, to drive Falcon 351 around Lime Rock.

Re-joining GTL after nearly a month's break was a real palm sweater,  made a good start and managed to get ahead of Tibs Mini and managed to hold him off for 7 or 8 laps until I put a couple of wheels on the grass and he got by - nice clean wheel to wheel racing with each of us giving the other room to race.  Shortly after Kurt had a moment and I got passed him once again we had fun passing and re-passing until about 2 laps from the end he pitted and I had a quiet drive to the end. Once again good clean racing each giving the other racing room.  I think I'm later on the brakes than Tibs or Kurt which helped.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 11:31:07 AM +0100 »

Shame I missed this one as I like these cars more than some of the other mods.
Am banished to the smoke this week, will be back next week, not looked at my schedule beyond that
I have been asked to go to Gambia for a week, I am resisting that kind offer at the moment.....
I don't want to be coming back in a biosuit  hang

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 12:31:14 PM +0100 »

In practice for this race, I seemed to hit a wall laptime wise, at 1:26.7.  In qualy however, by some miracle I managed to shave over a second off that.  Wish I had a replay, as I would like to know what I did to accomplish that..  Wink

Still, Clive was ½ a sec faster, so he ran away with pole. Shaped up to be a close race, as qualifying times were close for most of the field.

Slotted into 2nd at the start.  Had to stave off the advances of Tony's Anglia in the early laps, until he ran wide at T1, giving me a small buffer. Some laps later, he apparently ran a whole lot wider, as the gap jumped from 2 to 16 seconds.  With Clive disappearing up front, I resigned myself to a lonely remainder of the race.

However, little less than halfways through, I caught sight of a dust plume up ahead, with something red in it..  Wink   Mr. Evil had taken a dive into the kitty litter, and I thus inherited the lead.  Tried my best to make him work a little for it, but as expected, he clawed his way back and retook the lead, when I left the door a little too open at T1.  Could only do my best to hang on, hoping for another mistake, which sadly didn't materialize..  Wink

Grats to Clive for a deserved win.  Commiserations to Tony, Roger and Matt - hope you can avoid that Gambia trip !!  Shocked

Nice to have Bill back finally - and seemingly in great form  Smiley

This race concludes my Daimler drives; back to more nimble machinery in the remaining races  Smiley

Cheers,
Erling
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 12:41:42 PM +0100 »

Yep, nice to have Bill back.

Try as I might I just could not find a way past Erlings Daimler but it was huge fun trying. Then my brake troubles seemed to kick in. Same amount of peddle pushing provided varying amounts of braking and I either had to brake early for each turn or go off deep into gravel. Tobs caught and passed me and the gap grew as I experienced more braking trouble. Finaly a screen lockup spared me any more grief.
Recently upgraded to the latest AMD drivers to enable me to play one of the latest FPS. Seems that I may have to restore previous drivers or I will risk getting more screen locks. Want to finish the FPS first tho.
Looks like I'm stripping my pedals down so that I can clean the pot. Oh joy. Bet that doesn't go according to plan. May go to Maplins and see if they have a suitable replacement.

Thought we would have a newbie with us last night as he was on the praccy server earlier in the week. Wonder what happened to him?

Roger, if you re-installed GTL (did you?) you may have to unlock the cars again. Let me know if this is the case and I'll sort it for you. Mind you I think Bill's the expert nowadays.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 12:53:27 PM +0100 »

Tony, if it's a G25/27 then pots exist, Maplins don't have anything with the right shaft size/cut
RS have some (bourne I think) but the ordering options are so complex I gave up and just swapped the clutch pot with, in
my case the throttle pot.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 03:10:48 PM +0100 »

Recently upgraded to the latest AMD drivers to enable me to play one of the latest FPS. Seems that I may have to restore previous drivers or I will risk getting more screen locks. Want to finish the FPS first tho.

Before I had my GTL problems I took a NVidia driver update and had similar problem so I restored to previous drivers and solved problem.  Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com