by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 01, 2024, 10:52:22 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L14BSCC Oulton Park: November 17, 2014
November 17, 2014, 08:41:34 PM +0000 - Oulton Park (Island) - UKGTL Season 14 British Saloon Car Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Anglia Super (#162) TC-65 D2 1 1:41.258
78.127mph
1 40:57.130
77.271mph
24 1:40.973
78.348mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford Anglia Super (#162) TC-65 D2 2 +0.807
77.509mph
2 +37.349
76.114mph
24 1:42.026
77.539mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Lotus Cortina (#911) TC-65 D2 3 +1.724
76.819mph
3 +46.683
75.830mph
24 1:43.290
76.590mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Lotus Cortina (#955) TC-65 D2 4 +3.844
75.270mph
4 +1L
74.012mph
23 1:44.890
75.422mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin Mini Cooper 1275S (#592) TC-65 D2 6 +4.966
74.475mph
5 +3L
67.512mph
21 1:46.205
74.488mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Daimler 450 V8 (#450) TC-65 D2 5 +4.401
74.873mph
6 +20L 4 1:46.636
74.187mph
engine
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 14 British Saloon Car Cup - Oulton Park - Nov 17  (Read 8221 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2014, 10:02:24 PM +0000 »

Somewhat impressed with my IT skills...or maybe it was Tony's instructions, but I found my way to the other  lobby.

Just a note of uncertainty...I could see the Oulton Park server but it was greyed out???

If in doubt click on it  Wink

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2014, 10:19:26 PM +0000 »

doh!  yup dat wurks!

But...........................
Race post says Oulton Park Fosters circuit and server has Oulton Park Island loaded??? is this a cunning ploy to confuse me, coz it's working  wacko

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2014, 10:53:44 AM +0000 »

doh!  yup dat wurks!

Race post says Oulton Park Fosters circuit and server has Oulton Park Island loaded??? is this a cunning ploy to confuse me, coz it's working  wacko
Ah, I wondered who would spot that first. Well done Evil. Race announcement now (cough) amended.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2014, 11:00:40 AM +0000 »

Good I noticed this also but preferred the Island version so I kept quiet in hope.  Huh Thanks  Cool rockon

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2014, 01:06:49 PM +0000 »

I tried both versions quickly once I realised the discrepancy and quite enjoyed both.

The tight section after Cascades on the Fosters option is fun with those high kerbs and the tight chicane on the Island version.

Still have not done any serious preparation on setups/car choice etc and that probably won't happen until Monday night just prior to race. I was kind of thinking that the Mini might be good for the tighter Fosters and the comfy arm chair would be good on the longer Island circuit, although previous outings in the Daimler have highlighted a fragile engine and heavy tyre use when it is pushed   Undecided....................

So I am undecided on which car to concentrate on,  which I guess shows that Tony set up a good track/car series and I certainly have enjoyed banging door handles in these tin tops.  thumbup2

Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2014, 02:57:34 PM +0000 »

doh!  yup dat wurks!

Ah, I wondered who would spot that first. Well done Evil. Race announcement now (cough) amended.

Hmmm, was sorting car selections for the final 3 rounds based on which car worked best where (for me).  Can you confirm that the final round is indeed Brands Indy, and not one of the longer variants ?  Undecided

Cheers,
Erling
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2014, 04:20:17 PM +0000 »

Definitely Indy.

Erling, I do apologise if my admin error has caused you any unnecessary wasted praccy mate. I do try my best to get things right all the time but occasionally Mr Upcock  Roll Eyes pays a visit and things go a bit astray.  I Am Not Worthy

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2014, 01:19:44 AM +0000 »

Definitely Indy.

Erling, I do apologise if my admin error has caused you any unnecessary wasted praccy mate. I do try my best to get things right all the time but occasionally Mr Upcock  Roll Eyes pays a visit and things go a bit astray.  I Am Not Worthy

No worries Tony; your hard work keeping all this running is very much appreciated, so a (very) rare slip up is most certainly forgiven  Smiley

Besides, as most of the track is the same, earlier praccy isn't wasted - just need to forget a couple of corners and learn a few others instead..  Smiley

Cheers,
Erling
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2014, 06:53:40 PM +0000 »

Sorry folks, too knackered to drive tonight.  Roll Eyes

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2014, 06:58:12 PM +0000 »

Sorry folks, too knackered to drive tonight.  Roll Eyes
Sorry to hear that Bill but all things considered, probably a wise move. Hope to see you soon tho.

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2014, 08:53:12 PM +0000 »

Short race for me blew the engine, hope you guys had a good race.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2014, 09:50:49 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

That's bad luck Roger.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2014, 11:17:50 PM +0000 »

Shame you couldn't be with us Bill, but probably wisest not to push it.

I just made it home from the cinema myself, after seeing 'Fury'.  Did a new pb in qual; my first - and only - sub 1:43 lap, but obviously couldn't touch the Anglias.  

Maintained 3rd at the start, and then inherited 2nd, as Matt spun off at T1.  Tony hung on for the first few laps, but then slipped back. Sooner than I had hoped, he was replaced by a rapidly gaining Matt.  However, after some laps, the gap seemed to stabilize, and even grow a little one lap.  That gave me hope of being able to challenge for 2nd after all, but not to be. Suddenly it seemed the devil had possessed Matt, when he got a second wind and gained massively on me again.  Wasn't because I was going slowly, as those were some of my fastest laps in the race.   Eventually he got close, and I inadvertently helped him past, by hitting the outside curb at T1 and loosing speed. Tried my best to hang on, but more encounters with the same curb and other mistakes meant I had to settle for 3rd - not that I'm unhappy about that  Smiley

Grats to Clive & Matt on convincing drives, and commiserations to Roger with his blown engine.

Cheers,
Erling
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2014, 10:25:19 AM +0000 »

I think that the Anglia last night was the most comfortable setup I have ever had since I started GTL almost a year ago.  Grats to Matt for his recovery and Erling for sticking in there to claim 3rd. The final round is still going to be fun as all but 1st place is still up for grabs  Roll Eyes

I tried the "comfy arm chair" in pre race practice and it was deceptively quick, it seemed to be slow into the corners with all that weight trying to drag it on into the boondocks, but once I got used to putting the power down smoothly on the exits it really did chew lumps off the lap times. I had almost decided to use the Daimler but my driving style ( downshifting a little too early I think) was taking its toll on the engine, so I thought I would try the Anglia and if that was no good maybe even the Mini.

Two laps in the Anglia and I was already faster than the Daimler and I knew that I had not even got close to a "clean" lap. So I spent the rest of practice and qually exploring different braking points and lines in the Anglebox.
Matt was also proving that the Anglia was a quick weapon and I was expecting a late surge from him to take pole. I was anticipating a serious challenge from Matt once the race started, so I tried my best to get a clean start and get to T1 first.
I did risk a glance at Matt in the mirror as we launched off the grid just to check that he was not alongside, but then switched 100% to the apex at T1 and getting a clean exit. Pole gave me the inside line at T1 but offered Matt the true racing line and I was ready for an attack down into cascades if he carried more pace through T1. It never came and a glance in the mirror after Cascades and I was all alone!! Matt had vanished and Erling was already 100mtrs back.
I pushed like hell for the first few laps as I tried to build a nice comfortable gap. The one thing that was just slightly wrong with the setup was the brakes I had to be ultra sensitive on the brake pedal and avoid locking the fronts and ploughing straight on. However, once I got used to feathering the brakes and allowing the car to turn in naturally it was a joy to drive and encouraged me to push for faster and faster laps.

By the end of the race all 4 tyres were still cold and maybe 5% max worn. The wear indicator had hardly moved??  I have to ask if the tyre wear thing was working!!??  Hope I have not inadvertently cheated, because I just cannot see how I could drive that fast and that long and not use more rubber??

Onwards to Brands Hatch and the season finale.............. I might have to bring Arnold and Mabel to that one, but they have been busy helping me draft their full length novel lately Wink

Rank   Only when I sweat
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2014, 12:01:22 PM +0000 »

Had a busy day trying to slowly get back to a normal life but by evening my energy battery was fully discharged.  Sad

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com