by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:45:40 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L14BSCC Brands Hatch: December 08, 2014
December 08, 2014, 08:41:33 PM +0000 - Brands Hatch (Indy) - UKGTL Season 14 British Saloon Car Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Austin Mini Cooper 1275S (#597) TC-65 D2 4 +0.963
76.262mph
1 40:47.054
75.416mph
42 57.488
76.433mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin Mini Cooper 1275S (#595) TC-65 D2 3 +0.364
77.063mph
2 +3.353
75.313mph
42 57.380
76.577mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Austin Mini Cooper 1275S (#590) TC-65 D2 2 +0.288
77.166mph
3 +3.878
75.297mph
42 57.250
76.751mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Lotus Cortina (#955) TC-65 D2 5 +1.551
75.491mph
4 +21.286
74.765mph
42 57.754
76.081mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Austin Mini Cooper 1275S (#597) TC-65 D2 5 +55.091
73.755mph
42 58.562
75.031mph
Dunlop  
Huggy

Lotus Cortina (#904) TC-65 D2 6 +1.776
75.201mph
6 +14L 28 58.609
74.971mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Bill Grewcock
 Team RaceConnect
Ford Anglia Super (#162) TC-65 D2 1 56.654
77.558mph
DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 14 British Saloon Car Cup - Brands Hatch - Dec 8  (Read 4838 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 10:01:47 PM +0000 »

Replay and results now posted.

Could Huggy fill in Nationality under driver details please  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 10:31:39 PM +0000 »

A real shame Bill as you looked to be favourite for the podium based on your qually lap times.

Grats to Erling on taking the silverware for this season and to Tony for organising a very enjoyable set of races.

I did not relish this race as my use of cars in previous rounds had limited me to either the Daimler reclining lounge leather equipment, or the ( until now ) undriveable Mini. I tested the 2.8 daimler in pre race practice but it was at least a second off the pace in my hands and I knew that the points situation meant that I had to be able to stay on Matt's tail, if I wanted to hang on to second spot for the season.

Reluctantly I dragged the mini out of the car transporter with Arnold's help and stood looking at it... "a nice shade of blue" was all the encouragement that Arnold offered. I guessed at the required fuel load for the race and added a couple of gallons just to be sure and left the pits hoping to learn how to drive a car with the driving wheels at the wrong end!!

Slowly the lap times crept down and a couple of times I was showing 0.5 secs up on my best and just over cooked it somewhere. "This mingey needs some very smooth driving"  Mabel's voice came over the radio " caress it like you would a lady" she purred. Well I dammed nearly rammed the car into the armco and ran screaming for the hills, but there was some prestige at stake here. It was the last race of the season and I just had to make this buzz box work for me.

Slowly I found the sweet spot, and Mabel was right, it needed persuading into the corners and then balance the slide and understeer with delicate inputs from the throttle. I did the whole of qually on race fuel, so when the grid formed up and I was in 3rd spot ( a shame that Bill got dropped as that would have put me a more accurate 4th). But I also knew that I had found some pace that would maybe keep me in touch with the front row guys...especially Matt Wink
I got just about the best start I have ever made in a Mini and jumped Erling and was feeling awfully chuffed when Tony's Lotus Cortina  powered past into Paddock Hill bend.. "How bloody inconsiderate" I thought " the cad has put himself between Matt and myself !".
I checked for any other traffic coming through and was able to nail it through T1 and make a run on Tony up the inside to Druids, where he stayed just wide enough for a little feller to squeeze round the inside and exit the bend alongside him. It was a game of chicken down to Graham Hill bend, but I had the better line for the apex and the exit.. and I was a desperate man, I had to get on terms with Matt and stick to his boot lid.
I guess I should really thank Tony for being a) a gentleman and b) aware that I was there and giving me room.  sweatdrop

Either way it worked and I was only 50 mtrs behind Matt. I risked a few "last of the demon brakers" moves to get closer and then sat on Matt's tail watching where he was quicker and where he was slower. There were plenty of examples of the former and very little evidence of the latter!!! I was driving my wheel nuts off just to stay with him. But I was learning the lines and after about 5 laps I suddenly found the correct braking/downshift/turn in points for Paddock Hill bend, something that had been a real headache for me until that moment.
I was able to close up on each lap on the run up to Druids because I carried more speed through T1, but I was not planning to pass just yet. Matt and I had pulled a good few seconds lead over Tony in 3rd place and Erling who was stuck behind in 4th. I was happy to let Matt set the pace and take us away from the pack. But then Erling had to go and spoil that nice comfy arrangement by passing Tony and taking huge chunks out of the gap!!!  scared scared scared

Now I was worried, because I did not want Erling catching us and putting his car between Matt and myself.  It was time to deploy the Mabel Glutbucket knicker elastic overdrive unit.... I had to pass Matt and try and get away.

So I started to apply some pressure and look for an opening. Matt proved very stubborn and defended his line lap after lap, until I finally got alongside him out of Druids. His speed ran him just a fraction wide through Graham Hill and onto the grass, I did not need a second invitation!
I was on the ragged edge for the next few laps until I built a 2 second gap that would give me breathing space and a buffer if Matt or Erling mounted a comeback surge.

That threat materialised with about 12 laps to go. I had relaxed a little and my pace had dropped fractionally, but I think Matt and Erling were having a real battle and had upped theirs. They closed my comfy 4 second lead down to 2 secs in only a few laps and I had to work very hard to prevent them getting any closer. You guys must have been really pushing each other along!!

The flag could not come soon enough for me as small mistakes were creeping in with brain fatigue and worn front tyres. I was only hoping to be able to follow Matt and play the percentage game for points in the Mini, so to actually win was a total surprise. I suspect that had Bill not been removed by Gremlins he might have had some input into the result. I wonder where Mabel was just before the start? she said that she had something important to do and smiled before slipping around the back of the pits.......................HuhHuh?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:27:56 AM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 11:16:53 PM +0000 »

That was a very intense and most enjoyable race  Smiley

Had opted for the Mini a while back, when I worked out which track/car combos was the best for me.  Knocked a bit off my pb in qual, but not good for more than 3rd on the grid. Got it upgraded to 2nd free of charge, by Bill's unfortunate premature exit.  Sad

Getting fast off the line in the Mini is one of the black arts in GTL. Had practiced repeatedly, but still managed to make a dreadful start, bogging down completely when shifting into 2nd. Whole field bar 1 swooped past.  Clawed back one position from Paul at T2, and then found myself chasing Tony over several laps.  Got past when he went wide at T3, and set about building a gap, and closing up to Matt & Clive up ahead.  Stupid mistakes spoilt my master plan, most notably at the point where the Indy track rejoins the GP version.  Twice I got into pendulum motion here, only keeping it together by sheer desperation.  Lost fair bits of time as a result, and had Tony making a comeback in my mirrors.

Had to hunker down, concentrating on getting some fast, consistent laps. Slowly got away from Tony again, and reeled in Matt, who had been passed by Clive in the meantime. With more than half the race left, a most intense chase set in.  Almost lost it when I got real close for the first time; focused too much on Matt's car, and forgot to keep track of my braking point..  Cool  Finally, on lap 40, did he run a little bit wide at T1, allowing me to squeeze past on the inside of T2.  Managed to stay ahead to the finish - shame there weren't a few laps more, as even Clive seemed to come closer towards the end..  Wink

Went into this race with the ambition of finishing the series with an unbroken string of podium finishes, so very chuffed with 2nd.  Grats to Clive on a deserved win, and thanks to Matt for an epic Mini battle  Smiley

Thanks to Tony for organising, commiserations to both Bills for missing the race, and welcome to Paul - hope you'll rejoin us in future races.

Cheers,
Erling
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 11:19:02 PM +0000 by Erling G-P » Logged
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 11:25:04 PM +0000 »

the Mabel Glutbucket knicker elastic overdrive unit....

lol lol

Cheers,
Erling
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 12:37:13 PM +0000 »

Another Champioship draws to a close and another chunk of silverware is destined for Erling's bulging trophy cabinet.

1st - Erling G-P  clap clap clap

2nd - EvilClive  clap clap

3rd - phspok  clap

Thanks as ever, to all who took part.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 12:50:31 PM +0000 »

Nice to have some RaceConnect drivers join us. With some of our regular drivers awol it certainly helped fill out the grid. Thanks guy's and we hope you will join us for more of our races.
BTW if any ULGTL drivers fancy some midweek LM55 action at Spa this Wednesday read this https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=12712.msg229441#msg229441

Kurt and myself are already signed up and it would be great to have more UKGTL drivers join us.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:52:03 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 07:04:03 PM +0000 »

Smashing write ups guys. Nice to hear from Mabel and Arnold again  Wink

Bill Grewcock

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 08:52:21 PM +0000 »

Congrats to Clive on the race win and to Erling for the series victory  Smiley

Looking forward to sharing track space with y'all in 2015  Grin

Captain Tetley
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 01:12:11 AM +0000 »

Another Champioship draws to a close and another chunk of silverware is destined for Erling's bulging trophy cabinet.

Lol, it's a bit surreal.  Not sure what happened this year, but I'm sure it's just a fluke, and next season will be back to normal  Smiley

Nice to have some RaceConnect drivers join us. With some of our regular drivers awol it certainly helped fill out the grid. Thanks guy's and we hope you will join us for more of our races.
BTW if any ULGTL drivers fancy some midweek LM55 action at Spa this Wednesday read this https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=12712.msg229441#msg229441

Kurt and myself are already signed up and it would be great to have more UKGTL drivers join us.

Would love to join you guys, but sadly I'm not home early enough tomorrow.  Sad

Cheers,
Erling
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com