by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 20, 2024, 07:58:51 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L14WCM Nürburgring: March 03, 2014
March 03, 2014, 08:57:52 PM +0000 - Nürburgring (Nordschleife) - UKGTL Season 14 World Championship of Makes
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Ferrari 512S Code Lunga (#5) GTL Group S5.0 1 58:00.733
102.620mph
7 7:59.127
106.501mph
Firestone  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Lola T70 MkIII (#0) GTL Group S5.0 2 +1:24.188
100.196mph
7 8:13.060
103.491mph
Goodyear  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche 908/03 (#36) GTL Group P3.0 2 +3.897
99.402mph
3 +1:30.260
100.026mph
7 8:16.718
102.729mph
Goodyear  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 512S Code Lunga (#15) GTL Group S5.0 1 8:29.445
100.163mph
4 +2:18.926
98.681mph
7 8:26.019
100.841mph
Firestone  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Alfa Romeo Tipo 33-3 (#38) GTL Group P3.0 5 +8:37.031
89.348mph
7 8:42.909
97.584mph
Firestone  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Porsche 908/03 (#36) GTL Group P3.0 3 +4.268
99.331mph
6 +3L 4 8:28.766
100.296mph
unknown
Goodyear  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Lola T70 MkIII (#0) GTL Group S5.0 +7L 0 ---
---
suspension
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Matra MS650 (#36) GTL Group P3.0 0 ---
---
suspension
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTL Group S5.0
8:29.445
100.163mph
Stefan aka Postal
Qualifying
Ferrari 512S Code LungaMarch 03, 2014, 08:57:52 PM +0000
L14WCM
GT Legends
GTL Group S5.0
7:59.127
106.501mph
goldtop
Race
Ferrari 512S Code LungaMarch 03, 2014, 08:57:52 PM +0000
L14WCM
GT Legends
GTL Group P3.0
8:33.342
99.402mph
Mark J
Qualifying
Porsche 908/03March 03, 2014, 08:57:52 PM +0000
L14WCM
GT Legends
GTL Group P3.0
8:16.718
102.729mph
Mark J
Race
Porsche 908/03March 03, 2014, 08:57:52 PM +0000
L14WCM
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 14 World Championship of Makes - Nürburgring - Mar 3  (Read 11985 times)
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2014, 08:18:51 PM +0000 »

same here - 8 players waiting to join in the lobby  Cheesy

btw - thanks to get your server up!

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2014, 08:20:38 PM +0000 »

All over to Matt's place 

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2014, 08:25:48 PM +0000 »

finaly found what my router was calling the game server. seems to be working

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2014, 08:30:53 PM +0000 »

what car are you in Clive?

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2014, 08:37:36 PM +0000 »

Go to the lobby as usual. matts running the race on his home brew kit

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2014, 10:17:27 PM +0000 »

The main server is still down, so I can't do the results or post the replay in the normal place.
So I have saved the replay to :
http://www.matt-rowe.co.uk/comp/PGfiles/20140303_Nordschleife.zip
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:21:01 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2014, 10:20:23 PM +0000 »

Thanks Matt, I'll try to do the results with those txt files.

EDIT: Results now posted. Replay will follow.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:25:17 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2014, 10:26:49 PM +0000 »

Tough event as expected, well done to all that finished  Smiley

Finished up 3rd after what felt like an hour of intense concentration. Managed to avoid any big offs but took to the grass verges on a few occasions. Was in 4th for a long Time, Kept catching the two ahead only to have 3 separate incidents under braking behind them  Shocked either their brakes were carp or they were driving like grannies in the slow corners  Wink
My car was evidently down a lot of bhp on the Lola and F512 as they had bags more power on the fast sectors but loved driving the 908 here and it sounded awesome   Cool

Congrats to Goldtop and Coyote for 1st and 2nd, commiserations to Postal who lost his race long 2nd place on the last lap  no
Well done to all who took part and finished  thumbup1

Am now in the doghouse for racing from 8.15 until 10   Roll Eyes

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2014, 12:48:00 PM +0000 »

Firstly, huge thanks to Matt for his heroic efforts to get his homebrew up and running with GTL and all the required cars + track in a very short space of time, to give us all a race.

I struggled with my car choice/setup here but glad I managed to finish albeit almost a lap down. Looked like there was much more exitement up the road in front of me as I saw XD change drivers several times.

What car was Clive trying to get in with?

See you all at Imola.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2014, 01:01:20 PM +0000 »

Thanks to those who offered help last night, I hope my woes did not spoil your race.

Clive would have been happy if ANY car had loaded...I tried them all!! lol.

I was planning to use the Lola Maserati, as it it worked straight out of the box for me with a steady 8:20 lap at the first attempt on full race fuel.

It seems there is still something amiss at my end, as everything works offline but I hit probs if I try to join a server.  I got the "car is not loaded on server" message  for every car that I tried last night.??

So, if anyone has any clues as to where I should look.................................Huh?

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2014, 05:04:51 PM +0000 »

Firstly, huge thanks to Matt for his heroic efforts to get his homebrew up and running with GTL and all the required cars + track in a very short space of time, to give us all a race.

Yes thank you and well done Matt  Cool

Always a tough track and a real test of concentration to keep it together. Had a good start and was soon up with MJ and Postal who both made slight errors on the first lap to allow me through. Would have been difficult passing them otherwise.

Once out in front I got my head down to build a lead in case I had a visit to the scenery. Had to ease off considerably as the 512s soft tyres began to give up and had a difficult couple of laps to the flag  sweatdrop I'd totally forgotten how borderline they were at Monza and the extra demands of the Ring really made them the wrong choice.

Well done finishers and hope you get your problems sorted Clive...no clues here unfortunately.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2014, 06:21:26 PM +0000 »

Thanks to those who offered help last night, I hope my woes did not spoil your race.

I was planning to use the Lola Maserati, as it it worked straight out of the box for me with a steady 8:20 lap at the first attempt on full race fuel.

It seems there is still something amiss at my end, as everything works offline but I hit probs if I try to join a server.  I got the "car is not loaded on server" message  for every car that I tried last night.??

So, if anyone has any clues as to where I should look.................................Huh?

Clive, the downloads from this site use self installing exe's. All you need do is tell it where your GTL is. Hard to see what can go wrong  Huh Can you see the car make folders in your GTL install? I think they should all be in a sub folder called Extra Cars. I seem to recall someone having problems with a mod car which was caused by GTL been made to run in compatability mode?

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2014, 06:52:53 PM +0000 »

Sorry to have missed this one, got home to late.

Grats to podium and grats to all finishers.

I had major problems getting online with cars when i used an app called GTL Tools, resolved problem by using GTL Tools to reset cars in GTL to default, then i deleted GTL Tools app from pc.

Have a great holiday Tony.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2014, 08:29:47 PM +0000 »

Clive, the downloads from this site use self installing exe's. All you need do is tell it where your GTL is. Hard to see what can go wrong  Huh Can you see the car make folders in your GTL install? I think they should all be in a sub folder called Extra Cars. I seem to recall someone having problems with a mod car which was caused by GTL been made to run in compatability mode?

I'm running XP and so I do not use compatability mode Tony. And Yes, the  cars are all there in a folder called "Extra Cars".

All of the cars are visible off line, and driveable too. Just to be sure I even purchased every team/variant of each car as well !

The only anomoly that I can see is when I select the Lola I offline I get a picture of a Cobra 427, but if I go to the "showroom" I get the proper Lola graphics. I don't think that is relevant because all of the other cars in the "Extra Cars" folder show correctly, and I cannot get any of those online either???

Anyhow......what are you doing wasting time on my trivial probs???
Quit worrying about me and go and have a well earned holiday. Just don't come back and tell us how wonderful it was to bask in warm sunshine day after day!!!  Hit with a wet fish

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2014, 10:29:27 PM +0000 »

The only anomoly that I can see is when I select the Lola I offline I get a picture of a Cobra 427, but if I go to the "showroom" I get the proper Lola graphics. I don't think that is relevant because all of the other cars in the "Extra Cars" folder show correctly, and I cannot get any of those online either???

The Lola shows as Cobra for me too Clive, so it shouldn't be connected to your problems.

Shame we didn't succeed in getting you into the race yesterday.  Glad though to see that Bill is finally back, after all his trouble.  Big thanks to Matt for scrambling a server substitute at such short notice.

Tough race. In offline practice just before, with 2 laps worth of fuel, I managed to get my pb down to 8:03.6.  Hoped to match it in race qualify, but alas, never got to set a time.  After some position swapping early on 1st lap, I found myself in 3rd, behind the Fezzas of Postal & Goldtop.  Puzzled that I had no trouble keeping up with Goldtop, in a faster car no less, but the penny dropped when I briefly turned on my IFF and realised it was in fact Postal.  Out of sight, Goldtop had passed him.  Could lap faster than Postal, but couldn't get past. Bleedin' impossible to overtake a more powerful car on this track, as long as its driver doesn't stray too far from the racing line.  On the straighter sections, Postal would extend the gap, meaning I was too far away to try an outbraking manouvre at the next curve, and through the curves it just wasn't possible to get past - an attempt to force the matter would have ended badly.

Thus remained stuck behind for several laps, giving Mark the opportunity to sneak up on us in his 908.  Just at that moment, Postal and I both entered the carrusel wrongly, and shed speed very quickly. That caught Mark out, and he slammed into my back, spinning me round.  Got going again, now with some air down to Mark. Very surprised to catch Postal again, well before the next carrusel - guess he must have stopped for coffee, thinking Mark and I were out cold.  On and on then for several more laps, until Mark caught us again.  The sight of the little blue terrier in my mirrors distracted me enough to spin off. Went off several more places subsequently - once you start to mess up...  Smiley

Unbeknownst to me, up ahead Mark had passed Postal, when the latter went off briefly.  Typical, I do all the hard work of wearing him down, and somebody else reaps the benefits, after being behind him for 1/10 of a lap...    Grin

When I caught the two gents on the following lap, they had switched places again however. Now it was Mark's turn to spin, in almost the same place as me the lap before. Thus I was back in my now familiar place behind Postal.  On and on again lap after lap, until the end of the penultimate one, where I made a grave error.  Under braking after the long straight, I went on the grass, lost control and ended up on the inside of the hairpin, with the car resting on its belly, on the curb.  Unable to move, as the wheels hardly touched the ground.  Furious with myself for having the race end like this. Luckily, prodigious appliance of throttle eventually pried the car loose again, so I could continue - albeit with Mark up my tailpipe.  Not about to hand over 3rd without a fight though.  Finally had a clear track ahead and could put the hammer down - reflected in this being my fastest lap, despite soft tyres now being quite shredded.

When I reached Metzgesfeld, I caught a glimpse of Postal's car up ahead.  Then as I dove down Kallenhard, I briefly saw a flash of red high up on the right slope, obscured by trees, and heard something that might be an idling engine.  Could it be... ?     Yes, as it turned out, it was in fact Postal who had gone off, allowing me to finish 2nd.   Hats off to Postal for keeping so cool for so long, on this impossible track, despite all the pressure I tried to put on him.

Goal for me was to finish, hopefully scrounging some championship points from the bottom of the field, so naturally very chuffed about 2nd place.  Did spend most of the week practicing for it, so didn't get it for free..   Wink

Cheers,
Erling
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:12:28 PM +0000 by Erling G-P » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com