by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 04:09:24 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L14MWC Sepang: March 31, 2014
March 31, 2014, 08:43:52 PM +0100 - Sepang - UKGTL Season 14 Motorsport World Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Opel Commodore (#7) GTC-TC-76 4 +1.509
84.898mph
1 48:54.421
84.379mph
20 2:24.426
85.720mph
Avon  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
BMW 2002tii (#91) GTC-TC-76 3 +1.139
85.113mph
2 +15.405
83.938mph
20 2:25.144
85.296mph
Dunlop  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
BMW 2002tii (#48) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.997
85.197mph
3 +18.386
83.854mph
20 2:24.482
85.687mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
BMW 2002tii (#73) GTC-TC-76 1 2:24.316
85.785mph
4 +21.362
83.769mph
20 2:24.689
85.564mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R (#23) GTC-TC-76 6 +5.182
82.812mph
5 +1:31.115
81.838mph
20 2:29.666
82.719mph
Dunlop  
chmichel

BMW 2002tii (#52) GTC-TC-76 5 +3.359
83.834mph
6 +1:40.369
81.588mph
20 2:26.889
84.283mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Opel Commodore (#75) GTC-TC-76 7 +2:11.182
80.768mph
20 2:29.105
83.030mph
Avon  
evert blommert
 Dutch Turtles
BMW 2002tii (#120) GTC-TC-76 7 +6.898
81.872mph
8 +2:28.558
80.313mph
20 2:28.905
83.141mph
Dunlop  
wheel gone kid

Opel Commodore (#75) GTC-TC-76 8 +7.969
81.296mph
9 +1L
80.102mph
19 2:30.150
82.452mph
Avon  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Austin Mini Cooper S KAD Works (#52) GTC-TC-76 9 +8.909
80.797mph
10 +23.717
79.461mph
19 2:32.942
80.947mph
Avon  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 14 Motorsport World Cup - Sepang - Mar 31  (Read 7221 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 12:55:38 PM +0100 »

Just took a look for the first time at the list of circuits for this series. The only ones that I might know are Monaco and Spa, but I bet they are the new layout and not from the 1960's  Undecided
This could be a long hard season learning cars and tracks and trying to avoid the aliens who are lapping tailenders after 3 laps!!  Sad

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 01:08:48 PM +0100 »

Just took a look for the first time at the list of circuits for this series. The only ones that I might know are Monaco and Spa, but I bet they are the new layout and not from the 1960's  Undecided
This could be a long hard season learning cars and tracks and trying to avoid the aliens who are lapping tailenders after 3 laps!!  Sad
Don't want to make it too easy  Wink

Looking forward to seeing the grid line-up tonight  Cool

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

wheel gone kid

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 06:17:06 PM +0100 »

got no idea what car tonight...prob not the trickier of the bunch as i cant get a better tune out of em...prob play it safe and plod on!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 06:34:04 PM +0100 »

got no idea what car tonight...prob not the trickier of the bunch as i cant get a better tune out of em...prob play it safe and plod on!
It's a long season and some drivers will be driving tactical choices rather than the fastest.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 10:10:21 PM +0100 »

Well.........well?  what can I say? except hard luck Postal and Coyote.
I presume that you tangled and waited for the victim to rejoin on the last lap? I had resigned myself to 4th spot and missing out on what looked like a first podium in this series after I just lost the plot at half distance and GT cruised past and stole my 3rd place.

I did some practice in various cars and although I found the Commodore almost as fast as the non "s" BMW ( I did not realise that the "S" class was available....but I do now!!  lol ) The BMW was just easier to handle and less harsh on the tyres. In fact it was so good on tyres that I finished the race with loads of green rubber left , which probably indicates that I was not pushing hard enough? The engine stayed at 99%, so I was quite confident of finishing barring a dumb driving error, which I should point out is quite possible with yours truly!!

I was stunned to find myself 2nd on the grid...I had not expected to be as competitive as that! It was quite scary when the start came with the thought of all those fast guys thundering into T1 behind me!!  sweatdrop

I just tried to keep it ultra smooth and found that at first I was easing away from the chasing group and was just about holding the gap to Coyote up ahead. I lost the plot mid race and was dropping 2-3 secs a lap by overdriving which is when GT in his Sherman tank rolled by  Undecided At that point I decided to settle for what I had and engaged cruise mode, until on the last lap I came across 2 beemers, not beaming, at the hairpin. There was a moments panic as I threaded my way through the roadblock and then I shouted at myself not to screw up the last 3 corners!!  I WAS IN 2ND PLACE!!!

An awful lot of sweat was expended in those last 3 corners and that back straight definitely got 50% longer on the last lap!!

Thanks for some great racing guys.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 10:32:15 PM +0100 »

Replay and result now posted

And we do it all over again next week  Wink

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 10:38:01 PM +0100 »

Ack, what a rotten end to an otherwise great race.

Had pole, but made an awful start, loosing several places.  1st lap very hard; with Goldtop's exceptionally noisy Commodore right behind me, I couldn't hear my own engine, and with no Motec display in the Beemer, I got confused about my gears a few times.  GT passed me, but overcooked it later and I grabbed back 3rd.

Took forever to reel in Clive, but eventually squeezed past at T1.  Took another forever to catch Postal up ahead, but finally got close and into the lead when he outbraked himself.

Thought I was home free with a 5 sec lead, but you should never get complacent.  Postal was catching me again towards the end, aided by my rhythm being broken by catching backmarkers.  He got past on the final lap. Naturally I wanted the lead back, but overdid it at the sharp uphill lefthander, tapping his car and spinning it.  Of course waited for him to rejoin, but unfortunately he took forever to get going again. While we were there, Goldtop (of course) and Clive sailed past, the former thus having victory handed on a platter - you really don't need luck like that mate..  Roll Eyes

Postal, very sorry about the tap. Believe me, I would rather have finished 2nd and ahead of Goldtop, than 4th and behind him  Sad

Cheers,
Erling
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 10:46:51 PM +0100 »

and with no Motec display in the Beemer, I got confused about my gears a few times. 
GTL provides an in-cockpit gear indicator and you can choose where you want it displayed e.g. bottom left, bottom middle or bottom right.

See bottom item on this menu. "5" toggles it on or off.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2014, 10:49:21 PM +0100 »

That was a surprise win  angel

Didn't think I'd make the race tonight so hadn't practised which left me still struggling a bit as we went to grid. Thought I'd make it a bit more of a challenge by chucking the Opel in the gravel a couple of times  Roll Eyes when I really should have been a bit more measured in my driving. Was closing on Postal and Erling on the last lap and was hoping they might delay each other and give me just a sniff of an opportunity. As it turned out I was able to pick my way through and take a less than deserved win.....bad luck chaps.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 09:06:49 AM +0100 »

Pretty quiet race for me. Happy with my setup for the Nissan and enjoyed driving it. After the start, settled down in fifth place and apart from some spirited driving from Michel which kept me honest, all I had to do to finish was keep it on the track which by and large I achieved. Like the Nissan, it seems to have a frantic personality, which I kinda like.
Nice turnout so thanks for that and looking forward to Bahrain now and another round of car testing/circuit learning.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 10:56:45 AM +0100 »

and with no Motec display in the Beemer, I got confused about my gears a few times. 
GTL provides an in-cockpit gear indicator and you can choose where you want it displayed e.g. bottom left, bottom middle or bottom right.

See bottom item on this menu. "5" toggles it on or off.

Thanks Tony; have no doubt seen this before, but subsequently forgotten all about it.  Must try and remember for my final BMW drive, and for those cars with obscured Motec display.

Cheers,
Erling
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 10:07:13 AM +0100 »

Thought I was home free with a 5 sec lead, but you should never get complacent.  Postal was catching me again towards the end, aided by my rhythm being broken by catching backmarkers.  He got past on the final lap. Naturally I wanted the lead back, but overdid it at the sharp uphill lefthander, tapping his car and spinning it.  Of course waited for him to rejoin, but unfortunately he took forever to get going again.
Postal, very sorry about the tap. Believe me, I would rather have finished 2nd and ahead of Goldtop, than 4th and behind him  Sad

Cheers,
Erling

Yeah what can i say dude? I was disappointed about being robbed of the top rostrum. Erling, what was the plan there? You came in from nowhere. And don’t start complaining that it took ages before I got my Beemer started again! You !@#$%^& Shocked Cool
However I had a blast chasing you down the last laps and I can understand you trying to make a last overtake attempt, but please keep it real next time ok?

I was surprised to get a front row start after struggling with the car/track combo and had a splendid start from the line to take the lead. When I noticed Erling had passed Clive for P2 and was reeling me in, I had to divide my attention between maintaining the gap and selecting the correct gears as my wheel still does double upshifts from time to time and missed my brake marker.  Luckily had some laps left to catch Erling again and we could duke it out in the final lap. Too bad it ended in tears this time.
Next up, another H. Tilke track….

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 03:42:40 PM +0100 »

Yeah what can i say dude? I was disappointed about being robbed of the top rostrum. Erling, what was the plan there? You came in from nowhere. And don’t start complaining that it took ages before I got my Beemer started again! You !@#$%^& Shocked Cool
However I had a blast chasing you down the last laps and I can understand you trying to make a last overtake attempt, but please keep it real next time ok?

Apologies again.  Wasn't an overtake attempt, but rather desperately trying to stay in touch.  With less than 1 lap left, I couldn't afford to let you get away, if I was to have any chance of regaining the lead. Thus braked maybe a fraction later than usually, and on worn tyres that was a bad decision. Sad In 20/20 hindsight, I should of course just have settled for 2nd, but having had victory within your grasp, it's difficult to let go.  We were stationary for upwards of 30 secs, so I will maintain you took some time to get going again (still accepting full responsibility of course)  Wink

Cheers,
Erling
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2014, 07:08:31 PM +0100 »

There was some pre-race chat regarding a blue/green Nissan Skyline having probs? If anyone can tell me the car no. I'd be obliged.

EDIT: Found it and it's not loading for Bahrain so it will be removed from the server.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:50:49 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com