by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 07:56:16 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L14WCM Paul Ricard: August 04, 2014
August 04, 2014, 08:41:36 PM +0100 - Paul Ricard (Long 1970-99) - UKGTL Season 14 World Championship of Makes
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Lola T70 MkIII (#0) GTL Group S5.0 1 1:51.704
114.519mph
1 58:33.804
109.217mph
30 1:54.157
112.059mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ferrari 512S Code Lunga (#6) GTL Group S5.0 2 +4.189
110.380mph
2 +1:07.373
107.162mph
30 1:57.088
109.253mph
Firestone  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Matra MS650 (#30) GTL Group P3.0 3 +4.716
109.880mph
3 +1L
104.412mph
29 1:56.379
109.919mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Porsche 917K (#0) GTL Group S5.0 5 +5.886
108.787mph
4 +2L
99.446mph
28 1:57.519
108.853mph
Firestone  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Alfa Romeo Tipo 33-3 (#37) GTL Group P3.0 6 +20.530
96.740mph
5 +10L 20 1:57.327
109.031mph
suspension
Firestone  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lola T70 MkIII (#5) GTL Group S5.0 4 +5.235
109.393mph
6 +20L 10 1:57.667
108.716mph
unknown
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTL Group S5.0
1:51.704
114.519mph
goldtop
Qualifying
Lola T70 MkIIIAugust 04, 2014, 08:41:36 PM +0100
L14WCM
GT Legends
GTL Group S5.0
1:54.157
112.059mph
goldtop
Race
Lola T70 MkIIIAugust 04, 2014, 08:41:36 PM +0100
L14WCM
GT Legends
GTL Group P3.0
1:56.420
109.880mph
EvilClive
Qualifying
Matra MS650August 04, 2014, 08:41:36 PM +0100
L14WCM
GT Legends
GTL Group P3.0
1:56.379
109.919mph
EvilClive
Race
Matra MS650August 04, 2014, 08:41:36 PM +0100
L14WCM
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 14 World Championship of Makes - Paul Ricard - Aug 4  (Read 6707 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 07:02:57 PM +0100 »

Sorry to hear that Roger. Hope your back soon. Keep us posted please.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 10:08:11 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted

Goldtop gets a DQ for using a illegal car  Sad

EDIT: Following discussions with Goldtop it appears that he did in fact tell me that he would not be using the Matra, at the start of the season. He assumed that this was all that was required of him. We accept that errors on both our parts led to an unfortunate conclusion e.g. His Matra drives were not cancelled or a substitute chosen. I am satisfied that this was an innocent mistake.
His DQ is subsequently rescinded.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:14:08 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 10:29:00 PM +0100 »

How is it ilegal? I used the Lola Mas Mk3c he was in a 3b?

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 10:37:53 PM +0100 »

How is it illegal? I used the Lola Mas Mk3c he was in a 3b?

He had already used his allotted drives in the Lola

EDIT: See previous post
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:15:08 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 10:59:06 AM +0100 »

Hi    windows tells me GTL has closed do i want to go on line to solve problem, useless no help at all, have just installed GPL and fps is so slow, think it is finding the right graphics driver for my card on win 7 (ati radeon hd 4800). Sad thing i had backed up GTL and GPL on another hard drive but that drive wont even start.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 12:45:51 PM +0100 »

Hi Roger, sorry about your problems.

Are you looking for drivers manually or automatically ?

I tried looking at AMD's driver page.  Depending on whether your Win 7 is 32 or 64 bit, it seems you should use either of these:

32 bit:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows%207%20-%2032

64 bit:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows%207%20-%2064

Each page also contains a link to older drivers, which might be worth trying, if you can't make the newest ones work.

You may also need to set the programs up running as admin - I do that for both GTLConfig.exe and GTL.exe.  The former one won't save the settings I make, unless it's running as admin.

Best of luck with solving the problems.

Cheers,
Erling
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 01:07:35 PM +0100 »

You may also need to set the programs up running as admin - I do that for both GTLConfig.exe and GTL.exe.  The former one won't save the settings I make, unless it's running as admin.

I wonder if that's whats happening to Bill? I'll email him and get him to check.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 03:14:13 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted

Goldtop gets a DQ for using a illegal car  Sad

EDIT: Following discussions with Goldtop it appears that he did in fact tell me that he would not be using the Matra, at the start of the season. He assumed that this was all that was required of him. We accept that errors on both our parts led to an unfortunate conclusion e.g. His Matra drives were not cancelled or a substitute chosen. I am satisfied that this was an innocent mistake.
His DQ is subsequently rescinded.

Thanks again Tony and apologies for the fuffle.

Did some pre race testing in the Lola because I was worried about tyre wear which had caused me concern in previous races. I found that by leaning less heavily on the softs I was able to drive similar laptimes to those on the hards and suffer less wear. Was still a bit worried if I'd made the right decision so had to drive a very cautious race and even thought about pitting at one point. Fortunately my gamble paid off and the softs lasted so well I still had enough left to push for my fastest time on the last lap.

I wonder if that's whats happening to Bill? I'll email him and get him to check.

I always run both my GTL/GTR2 exes as admin as I heard not doing so can cause problems.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 03:53:31 PM +0100 »

Thanks for replies guys, have downloaded the drivers from Erlings link 64 bit and manually installed, also set GTL running as admin  Grin GTL now seems fine no probs after leaving running for 1 hour, will try GPL later, Thanks for help.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 05:22:32 PM +0100 »

Thanks for replies guys, have downloaded the drivers from Erlings link 64 bit and manually installed, also set GTL running as admin  Grin GTL now seems fine no probs after leaving running for 1 hour, will try GPL later, Thanks for help.

You're welcome Roger; great to hear that it worked  Smiley

Found this track a real challenge. The long straight screams for fast cars like these, but the slow sections, with a couple of 1st gear corners, were pure agony.

Shaved over 2 secs off my offline pb in qualy, which was necessary for 2nd on the grid, given the fast times the rest of the field was posting.  Shocked  Made a poor start, and got jumped by both Clive and Tony. Tony spun later on L1, and I narrowly avoided him.  Thus slotted into 3rd.  At first it looked like Clive would give me the slip, but after a number of laps I got closer again.  When he went off into the gravel, I got close enough to slipstream past him on the following lap. 

That set up quite a battle over the next many laps.  I would pull away under power, but he reeled me back in through the corners.  Took a lot of restraint not to run wide in the (oh so) slow sections, with a screaming, maniacal Matra bearing down on you  Smiley   However, just as he got real close, he pulled into the pits to serve a stop-n-go.  Lucky for me, but a shame for Clive.  My soft tyres were pretty cooked at that point, so doubt I could have kept him behind me much longer.  Clive, apologies if I inadvertently caused you to cut track and get the S&G - I assure you I was doing my level best to go as fast as possible  Smiley  Looked in the replay like you pitted twice - at least you can't blame me for the 2nd time..  Grin 

With no hope of catching GT, and with over a minute down to 3rd, I could ease off a bit and make sure I made it to the finish.

Grats to GT and all finishers; commiserations to Kurt and Matt, whom we lost along the way - and to Bill in his prolonged absence; hope you're back soon.

Cheers,
Erling

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 06:42:24 PM +0100 »

I absolutely hate the Porsche. At no time did I feel in control of it. When accelerating straight the steering moved to the right or to the left with no wheel input from me. Under braking it always wanted to veer right. At turns I experienced lift off understeer and by adding power it drifted to the outside of turns. I had so many offs it got beyond a joke. Thank goodness I only have Lola's left to drive.

Real shame as I think it's a cracking circuit. Something a little more sedate next week  wheelchair
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 06:43:56 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 07:25:47 PM +0100 »

I absolutely hate the Porsche. At no time did I feel in control of it. When accelerating straight the steering moved to the right or to the left with no wheel input from me. Under braking it always wanted to veer right. At turns I experienced lift off understeer and by adding power it drifted to the outside of turns. I had so many offs it got beyond a joke. Thank goodness I only have Lola's left to drive.

Real shame as I think it's a cracking circuit. Something a little more sedate next week  wheelchair

It's a very tricky car for sure. It veers right under braking just as you say, but only with a heavy fuel load. So typically it stops doing it, just as you've gotten used to compensate for it (as fuel disappears)

Cheers,
Erling
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2014, 08:56:31 PM +0100 »

It was indeed good fun racing with Erling  Grin.  And I do hold him responsible ( well just a little bit!!) for my enforced first stop.  censored

I selected the Matra, simply because I had not tried it before and was curious about its potential, especially with that Stuka siren strapped to the nose!!! What an insane noise for a GT car  Shocked

The start was good and I jumped onto GT's tail. I must have remembered the data about the Lola and the Matra wrong because I thought that the Matra would be quicker on the straight. Imagine my dimay when GT pulled away  Huh
I tried to stay with GT as long as I could as his pace was drawing me away from Tony in 3rd spot and later ( although more gradually)  from Erling too.  I was content to maintain my pace and hopefully cling on to 2nd spot as long as possible, but I knew from qually that Erling had some serious pace in that Fezza if he hooked it all up.

It was all going well until I braked a fraction late at the end of the straight and, to avoid a major spin, I opted to run wide and take a gravel bath losing myself precious seconds but at least keeping the car moving in more or less the right direction. That put Erling close on my tail and my dirty tyres finished the job 2 corners later and the Red Thing was through.

What Erling did not know at that point was that I already had 2 "Cut Track" warnings from being a little overenthusiastic in my chase of Gt's Lola, so I had to be very careful where I placed my car. I could see that he was beginning to struggle with tyre wear and tried to keep as close as I could, to take advantage of any mistake. There were a couple of chinks that tempted me but never enough to make a serious effort. So I decided to hassle him a little more and got closer in the twisty sections. Bad Move on my part!!

Erling was having to brake earlier and earlier to keep his Fez tucked into the apexes and I got too close. I did the honourable thing and aborted my move to avoid his tailpipes and ran wide onto the gravel a 3rd time. The Pit Stop God's summoned me. Undecided
What followed was a farce and I was glad of the huge gap that I had back to the next car. A SnG was OK and cost me about 11 secs and any chance of getting past Erling unless he made a mistake. Speeding out of the pits angered the Pit Stop God's again and I was summoned to explain myself a second time  Angry   Only to speed yet again and get hauled back in yet again!!!   "Muppet" I hear you cry and quite right too!!

I still managed a much undeserved 3rd spot behind a dominant GT and Erling who should have been made to work harder and longer if I had kept my cool. LOL

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2014, 09:49:23 PM +0100 »

What followed was a farce and I was glad of the huge gap that I had back to the next car. A SnG was OK and cost me about 11 secs and any chance of getting past Erling unless he made a mistake. Speeding out of the pits angered the Pit Stop God's again and I was summoned to explain myself a second time  Angry   Only to speed yet again and get hauled back in yet again!!!   "Muppet" I hear you cry and quite right too!!

I still managed a much undeserved 3rd spot behind a dominant GT and Erling who should have been made to work harder and longer if I had kept my cool. LOL

When looking at the replay, I did mutter to myself "He's going pretty quick in the pits. I wonder if..."   lol

PS: I worked plenty hard to stay ahead for as long as I did..  Wink

Cheers,
Erling
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 01:00:26 AM +0100 »

Top tip: when leaving your pit box activate the limiter again (it gets turned off when you stop in the pit box). Don't turn it off until you are well clear of the pit lane exit lights/line.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com