by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 07:29:16 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L14WCM Imola: March 24, 2014
March 24, 2014, 08:42:45 PM +0000 - Imola (2007+) - UKGTL Season 14 World Championship of Makes
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Alfa Romeo Tipo 33-3 (#37) GTL Group P3.0 1 1:46.663
106.470mph
1 55:10.886
102.900mph
30 1:48.531
104.637mph
Firestone  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Alfa Romeo Tipo 33-3 (#36) GTL Group P3.0 3 +3.412
103.169mph
2 +27.349
102.057mph
30 1:49.619
103.599mph
Firestone  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ferrari 512S Code Lunga (#6) GTL Group S5.0 2 +2.919
103.634mph
3 +1:45.225
99.731mph
30 1:51.075
102.241mph
Firestone  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Lola T70 MkIII (#6) GTL Group S5.0 6 +6.957
99.950mph
4 +2L
94.269mph
28 1:53.401
100.143mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lola T70 MkIII (#5) GTL Group S5.0 7 +8.801
98.354mph
5 +16.152
93.820mph
28 1:58.186
96.089mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Lola T70 MkIII (#0) GTL Group S5.0 10 +21.650
88.505mph
6 +3L
89.175mph
27 1:58.717
95.659mph
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Alfa Romeo Tipo 33-3 (#37) GTL Group P3.0 8 +10.412
97.001mph
7 +15L 15 1:53.772
99.817mph
suspension
Firestone  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 908/03 (#36) GTL Group P3.0 9 +18.863
90.470mph
8 +18L 12 2:01.673
93.335mph
unknown
Goodyear  
wheel gone kid

Alfa Romeo Tipo 33-3 (#37) GTL Group P3.0 5 +6.423
100.422mph
+30L 0 ---
---
DQ
Firestone  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Alfa Romeo Tipo 33-3 (#38) GTL Group P3.0 4 +5.005
101.698mph
DNS ---
---
Firestone  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTL Group P3.0
1:46.663
103.190mph
goldtop
Qualifying
Alfa Romeo Tipo 33-3March 24, 2014, 08:42:45 PM +0000
L14WCM
GT Legends
GTL Group P3.0
1:48.531
101.414mph
goldtop
Race
Alfa Romeo Tipo 33-3March 24, 2014, 08:42:45 PM +0000
L14WCM
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 14 World Championship of Makes - Imola - Mar 24  (Read 5659 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 10:27:31 PM +0000 »

Unlucky with the connection postal  Sad

Had a great race finishing 2nd behind the dominant Goldtop  thumbup1

Qualied 3rd, was probably on for 2nd but chatter distracted me in the final corners  Roll Eyes

Got off the line alright at race start and chased GT as hard as I could but couldn't make any in-roads into his lead. After about 10 laps his lead increased lap by lap and I had a lonely run to the flag with nobody else on the same lap.

This car and track combo was epic, my favourite of any GTL car I've ever driven. It felt and sounded like a pure racing Animal and took lots of concentration and sweat to keep up the pace on a superb track  Cool
If you haven't tried this car yet, give it a go  Smiley

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 11:08:50 PM +0000 »

Could wheel gone kid please fill in his nationality under driver details in their profile.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 11:13:48 PM +0000 »

Simply dreadfull night for me trying to man handle my car around this circuit for 30 laps. I had over tweaked the setup and had induced a shocking turn in oversteer which caught me out almost every lap. With hindsight I should have realised in qually that I had created a monster and started from scratch. Ho-hum. Looks like you guys had a better night.
Sorry to wgk that you missed the start. After qually ends there is a short period of time then a countdown begins and you need to get your car on the grid before the countdown ends or you get a DQ which is what happened to you.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:15:48 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2014, 11:36:40 PM +0000 »

Picking a car for this challenging track wasn't easy.  Lola, which served me so well on The Ring; too skittish.  Alfa, too skittish - and I really like this car, so wanted to save it for a track I like better.  917; predictably fastest, but too unstable and way too prone to spinning when entering the sharp turns.  My feeble setup skills couldn't tame this behaviour.  Haven't been friends with the 512 on the previous tracks, but surprisingly, it worked well here, being very stable.  Only snag was its cold tyre understeer driving me bonkers. Softened up the suspension considerably, to make the car more compliant over those tall curbs.  That worked well actually.

Knocked over 1 sec off my previous best in qualify, but still - by a long shot - only good enough for 2nd.

Didn't look like it in the race, but I spent over 1 hour yesterday practicing race starts and cold tyre laps.  Still all went tits up on the first lap. Got off the line ok, but then the rears let go and I started fishtailing.  Went onto the grass and down the field.  Rejoined - rather clumsily - in front of a group of cars; sorry guys, no mirrors and didn't manage to look behind in the heat of the moment.  Then at the hairpin, things went from bad to worse. Now having both cold AND dirty tyres, meant I slid onto the grass left of the track, couldn't stop and dove into the kitty litter, as deep as I could go.  Stuck against the wall and had to reverse to get out.

Passed Bill & Kurt who had an incident too, on my way out and was in 6th.  Charged up through the field and soon was in 4th.  Roger and Tony obviously let me through, so thanks for that guys  Smiley  Had a decent gap to 3rd, but was biting chunks out of it each lap.  Eventually caught up to Clive in a Lola, who most courteously fell off the track at Tamburello, so I swooped into 3rd without problem.

That however, was as far as I got.  The gap to 2nd kept increasing, despite my best efforts. Think I lapped everyone behind me, and all gave me plenty of room to pass, so thanks for that guys.

Had hoped to keep up my string of 2nd places, but not to be, with the blistering pace of Mark - and my own fumbling at the start. GT as usual was completely beyond reckoning - anyone have a photo of him in his non-human form ? (In fact, does anyone have a photo of him IN human form ?  blink)

Still, grats to GT and Mark for a very well executed race.  Shame we lost Postal and wheel gone kid; hopefully you'll both make the next round.

Cheers,
Erling
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:38:36 PM +0000 by Erling G-P » Logged
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 09:36:05 AM +0000 »

I think that was my best race in the GT cars. Well to be honest it is the only race I have finished in the big GTs!! Grats to the podium guys who were way ahead of my pace.

I have completely reloaded GTL and all the cars and tracks, so I was more than dismayed when I got the "car not loaded" message for the Lola Maserati over the weekend, although all the other cars worked OK.
 I was resigned to using another car for this race and had almost decided on the Alfa, although I had no setup prepared. As a last moment impulsive moment I tried the Lola Maserati again and it worked !!

For the first few laps of qually I wondered why the hell I had wanted this car....then I remembered that I had not loaded the setup I had developed. doh!!!  Roll Eyes.  Even then I struggled to equal my PB in offline practice and was blown away by GT's times.

I'm still not sure what happened at the start? because I was about 7th on the grid and yet somehow ended up in 3rd spot at the end of the straight as we braked for the hairpin. In front Gold Top was winding up the pace and mark was making a good job of tailing him for the first few laps. I hung on grimly for 2 laps but it soon became apparent that trying to run at that pace was going to end in tears for me or my tyres.

I eased off and concentrated on getting some smooth laps in, which slowly dragged me away from Tony and Roger which was quite satisfying. It all looked good for a possible podium ( wishful thinking this early in a race!!) until Erling fought his way through and rapidly closed the gap....the cad!

As he got close I managed to run wide and discover the "dirty tire" syndrome as I braked for Tamburello  Undecided and the car just ploughed straight on. I tested this new little app several times through the race just to prove that it was not a driver error  Roll Eyes.
It was about this time that I had a sneezing fit and missed a couple of braking points for the chicanes and received warnings until I got a dreaded Stop n Go penalty.

This was the pantomime moment!!!  I could not find the entrance to the pit!!! lol  For 3 laps I slowed and looked for an opening almost taking one of the leaders out on one occasion! Eventually I discovered the gap in the barriers and the fun continued as I tried to park in the right place, negotiate the pit stop card and then restart the friggin engine!! All the time Roger was closing the gap and finally exited the pits with my 55sec lead reduced to just 6 secs!! fortunately I only had a couple of laps to go and retained my 4th place...but the stress levels were astronomical!!

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 10:31:33 AM +0000 »

Not one of my nights, only high spot was a new PB about 3 secs faster than off line practice.  Early on the first lap, Kurt gave me a nudge and I went into the kitty litter and thumped the barrier damaging the suspension.  Pitted and repaired it then put in a few decent laps until tyre wear upset the car's balance and I didn't know which end would go first.  Roll Eyes Huh  After getting couple of warnings I gave up.  surrender

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 05:52:41 PM +0000 »

Bad luck to Postal and our new member wheelgonekid (Deacon Blue fan?). If it's any consolation my first online race here was in 2009 at Imola in GTR2 and I never made the grid  Embarrassed Even some veterans *cough MJ have been known to miss GTL starts  Wink

I tried a few setup tweaks in pracci but never really made any improvements to my standard test setup. Was able to drive some quick laps in quali but decided to increase front arb a little as I didn't fancy such a lively car for the race.

Was a bit worried about tyres so was content to keep a solid driving MJ at a safe distance for the early part of the race. Even so the softs started to get tricky towards the end and I had to keep up my concentration to avoid offs and/or errors leading to cut track warnings. Great car and track to race though with Aqua Minerale and that bus stop section at the end of the lap keeping me well entertained.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 07:13:10 PM +0000 »

At least a new PB for me ;-)

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 12:56:29 PM +0000 »

... until Erling fought his way through and rapidly closed the gap....the cad!

Lol, never been called that before - had to look it up actually..   Cheesy

This was the pantomime moment!!!  I could not find the entrance to the pit!!! lol  For 3 laps I slowed and looked for an opening almost taking one of the leaders out on one occasion! Eventually I discovered the gap in the barriers and the fun continued as I tried to park in the right place, negotiate the pit stop card and then restart the friggin engine!! All the time Roger was closing the gap and finally exited the pits with my 55sec lead reduced to just 6 secs!! fortunately I only had a couple of laps to go and retained my 4th place...but the stress levels were astronomical!!

So that's what you were doing..  Grin 

I find it very useful to always visit the pits during practice, so that I know the layout and entrance.  Even in these no-pit-required races, you never know if you might need to pit anyway, for repairs, (miscalculated) fuel  or maybe SnG. (Helluva time to catch a sneeze attack btw..)

Cheers,
Erling
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 01:11:55 PM +0000 »

In GTL you don't need to stop the engine for pit visits.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com