by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 08:12:19 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L14AMV8 Lime Rock Mountain: August 18, 2014
August 18, 2014, 08:41:35 PM +0100 - Lime Rock (mountain) - UKGTL Season 14 American V8s
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Pontiac GTO (#65055) GTC-65 1 1:52.143
93.821mph
1 49:58.182
91.241mph
26 1:52.695
93.362mph
Firestone  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Pontiac GTO (#65003) GTC-65 2 +0.225
93.633mph
2 +12.038
90.876mph
26 1:52.992
93.116mph
Firestone  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Shelby GT500 (#0) GTC-65 4 +1.695
92.424mph
3 +16.639
90.737mph
26 1:54.210
92.123mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Pontiac GTO (#65003) GTC-65 5 +2.750
91.575mph
4 +44.363
89.910mph
26 1:54.428
91.948mph
Firestone  
Tibernius
 Prodigy Racing
Pontiac GTO (#65003) GTC-65 3 +1.651
92.460mph
5 +45.841
89.867mph
26 1:54.731
91.705mph
Firestone  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Pontiac GTO (#65056) GTC-65 6 +2.842
91.502mph
6 +1:35.200
88.433mph
26 1:54.964
91.519mph
Firestone  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Pontiac GTO (#65055) GTC-65 7 +3.130
91.274mph
7 +2L
84.168mph
24 1:56.002
90.700mph
Firestone  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Pontiac GTO (#65055) GTC-65 8 +9.333
86.613mph
8 +3L
78.801mph
23 2:00.411
87.379mph
Firestone  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 14 American V8s - Lime Rock Mountain - Aug 18  (Read 9342 times)
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2014, 12:30:39 PM +0100 »

Glad I drove the Pontiac GTL, it was a nice drive.  New PBs all around.  In the first few laps I was trying to drive beyond my capabilities and spent too much time going off.  Settled down and made the new PB, other than that I had a lonely time.  I was amazed just how quickly the first few lappers caught me up from being a spec behind me to right behind me.  Got out of everbodies way  except for Tony he caught me just wrong and I stayed on my line which he did as well bumping me off and taking a visit to the pits, one of those racing incidents with I think no blame either way.  There was no need to have pitted.  After Kurt pitted and caught me so quickly decided to get new brakes and front tyres they were looking well worn.

Unfortunately braked and hit the speed limiter but braked insufficiently to get down to limit so changed front tyres and got back onto track to find a stop and go for my efforts.  Took that and then tried to see if I could get PB below 2 mins without success.  Most enjoyable night's racing - nice one Tony.  rockon

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2014, 12:35:34 PM +0100 »

I didn't pit Bill. But I felt bad about the hit on you so I took a drive thru.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2014, 12:57:39 PM +0100 »

Great nights racing and the best part was I had no screen lockups so using my old graphics driver looks to have fixed the problems I've been having for the past couple of weeks.

Went of on Lap 1 T1 which was pretty stupid  Roll Eyes .

Caught and passed the battling Bill and Kurt. Followed Tibs and Roger who were close together for many laps until Tibs went into the gravel trap at the bottom of that hill straight. I tried to keep with Roger but my tyres let go and I had a series of offs which allowed Tibs back passed me and then Kurt too I think. Still enjoyed the car and looking forward to Virginia.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2014, 01:02:39 PM +0100 »

Hard to tell as you were politely getting out the way when I saw you,  thumbup1 but I think the main reason your specs became
cars so fast was that the faster cars were sliding the rear round and out of the turns a lot faster than you were.
I remember zooming up after a nice power slide in the race and in practice. it's tricky to get the setup right to be able to
do that just the right amount lap after lap, but it's the only way to get these tanks round with any good pace. IMHO

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2014, 01:49:14 PM +0100 »

This has gone straight to my list of favorite tracks, at least for this kind of cars.  Great choice Tony  Smiley

Spent a lot of time preparing for this race. Although I've found the Shelby too twitchy in previous races, it handled beautifully here, and early testing suggested I could pretty much match my pace in the GTO, so sorely tempted by it. Later, when testing for tyre wear etc, I could not match my earlier pace in it. Had done some 1:54 laps before, but no matter what I did, I couldn't get under 1:55. Time to tweak the setup then, although that is by no means my forte.  Did find the right buttons to press, so finally the laptimes dropped, allowing me to set 1:54s regularly, and eventually beat my best GTO lap of 1:54.2, with a 1:54.0.  Shelby for the race then  Smiley

Did feel a bit like an outsider in the race though, when seeing every one else's car choice  Wink  Managed my first sub 1:54s in pre race praccy and qualy, which put me 4th on the grid. Start didn't feel particularly good, but still got me past Tibernius and into 3rd.  Was delighted to see Clive take the lead, since Matt and I were tied for points going into this race.

The two front runners quickly pulled away.  Had Roger and Tibs in tow for the early laps. Had a small gap of 3-4 secs to them after a few laps, but this started dwindling, as Roger was on a mission. Hunkered down and got some fast laps in (well, fast for me), to restore the situation.  Entered a phase where gaps in front and behind were slowly growing, so shaping up to be a lonely race from then on.

However, about halfways through, as I was about to lap Bill, I suddenly spotted Clive not far ahead. Cursed under my breath, as that obviously meant Matt had gotten away.  After a few laps it became clear, that instead of doing his job of getting after Matt and win the bloody race, Mr. Evil was now content with teasing me with one of his - in Coyote circles now infamous - 5-sec gaps to the car behind.  Really quite annoying to have him cruising up front, no doubt listening to Beach Boys on the radio and munching on snacks, while 5 secs behind, I'm driving like I bloody stole it, just to keep up...  Grin

Positions lasted to the end and I can't complain about 3rd, although Matt is now clearly in the lead  Smiley

In retrospect, I should probably have worked with the GTO instead. Could probably have gotten a little faster with more practice, but doubt I could have matched Matt & Clive's blistering pace - the setup tweaks I did on the Shelby weren't relevant on the GTO, so that wouldn't have helped.

Cheers,
Erling

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2014, 07:32:03 PM +0100 »

Was one second faster in the GTO than in the GT500 in my private sessions so I decided to give the GTO a go.
Handling has improved considerably since the car was released by the MuscleCarLeague for the first time.

However I was missing another second to compete with Roger, Tibernius and Tony so I had a mostly lonesome
race with some offs and heavily declining front tyres. So I decided to pit, got a stop&go for pit lane speed limit
and during the last two laps I watched Matt sliding around the circuit.

Nice track / car combo.

Thanks for organising. Highly appreciated.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2014, 07:36:38 PM +0100 »

I had to bail out of this last night because of repeated lockups and didn't want to risk locking up on the start grid as in PnG last week. No idea what's causing this but I'm getting them in GTL and PnG  Huh

I haven't updated drivers for my GTX770 for a couple of months so I don't think it can be that. The only thing I have changed is one of my nvidia inspector settings from high quality to quality which I've now put back to high quality and will test on the next event, but I can't imagine that would be causing it tbh.

The car just stops on track for a few seconds usually around the sf straight and then resumes in the same place but having lost a few seconds laptime. It isn't our server because I've experienced the same issue in another GTL race last week and everything has been fine in Assetto Corsa (so far)  Huh Huh

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2014, 12:12:38 AM +0100 »

Hope that change sorts things for you mate. Does it only happen online? Have you tested with a full grid offline?

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2014, 12:15:10 PM +0100 »

Grats to Matt on win
Grats to Podium

Great track choice Tony and loved the Pontiac, tried to but could not keep up with Erling but had some good racing with Tibs who drove like a gent.
Thanks again Tony for getting my GTL working.
 Have ati 4800 graphics card at least 4 years old would a radeon 6850 be a good replacement faster etc as they are cheap on ebay?
 system win7/amd quad core 3000/4gbyte mem.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2014, 12:32:15 PM +0100 »

I think a newer card is always a good idea particularly if it has more onboard graphics ram than your current card. If you believe the hype then each new range has/does more and faster. Check if the replacement card requires the same power inputs as your current card e.g. through the slot on the mobo or as additional inputs from your PSU, and if the latter how many.

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2014, 01:46:39 PM +0100 »

Hi Tony 6850 card same power required as 4800 so psu ok.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2014, 03:33:02 PM +0100 »

Roger, have you had chance to see how your system performs at Singapore as it looks as if your AMD processor is slower than mine and a slower graphics card of a different "Blend".  Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2014, 04:53:27 PM +0100 »

Hope that change sorts things for you mate. Does it only happen online? Have you tested with a full grid offline?

Online and offline Tony, but a new development now. It's cured 

I've been running GTL and PnG with a frames limiter in nvidia inspector set at 120fps for ages now which keeps my card from working too hard and all of a sudden it's causing lockups  Huh  I've tried lots of variations now and no other settings seem to cause this so I'm hopeful that's it. How odd!

Now I must get on with the decorating  Roll Eyes

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2014, 05:20:19 PM +0100 »

Online and offline Tony, but a new development now. It's cured 

I've been running GTL and PnG with a frames limiter in nvidia inspector set at 120fps for ages now which keeps my card from working too hard and all of a sudden it's causing lockups  Huh  I've tried lots of variations now and no other settings seem to cause this so I'm hopeful that's it. How odd!

Now I must get on with the decorating  Roll Eyes

Great news GT.  An alternative to the limiter could be to run GTL with vsync on.  I do that, which limits my framerate to 60 (my refresh rate), which is for all intents and purposes 'fast enough'. 

Cheers,
Erling
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2014, 06:59:02 PM +0100 »

Hi Bill tried Singapore and with my settings had poor fps, 10 cars 27fps at start then max 59fps unplayable, but okay with video settings altered to medium for cars got 66fps at start then max 80fps, will leave on this setting for now and look to change graphics card.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com