by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 19, 2024, 06:15:39 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L14AMV8 VIR: September 29, 2014
September 29, 2014, 08:58:05 PM +0100 - VIR (Full) - UKGTL Season 14 American V8s
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Plymouth Roadrunner (#69004) GTC-65 2 +0.527
89.625mph
1 48:47.594
87.624mph
22 2:10.086
89.636mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Shelby GT500 (#67039) GTC-65 1 2:09.574
89.990mph
2 +15.270
87.169mph
22 2:10.379
89.434mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Shelby GT500 (#0) GTC-65 3 +1.803
88.755mph
3 +38.437
86.488mph
22 2:12.364
88.093mph
Goodyear  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Shelby GT500 (#457) GTC-65 4 +3.577
87.572mph
4 +48.111
86.207mph
22 2:12.356
88.098mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Shelby GT500 (#67040) GTC-65 6 +8.470
84.468mph
5 +1L
83.009mph
21 2:14.254
86.853mph
Goodyear  
Burtoner
 Team Shark
Shelby GT500 (#0) GTC-65 7 +17.926
79.053mph
6 +17L 5 2:13.627
87.260mph
electronics
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Shelby GT500 (#0) GTC-65 5 +6.822
85.489mph
7 +19L 3 2:16.782
85.248mph
suspension
Goodyear  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 14 American V8s - VIR - Sep 29  (Read 4770 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2013, 01:56:45 PM +0000 »

Grid/server capacity: 28

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (22 laps)

Track: Virginia International Raceway Download this

Cars allowed: American V8's pack Download this
                            Chevrolet Camaro SS
                            Dodge Charger
                            Ford Falcon Sprint 351
                            Ford Mustang TA
                            Mercury Cougar TA
                            Plymouth Roadrunner
                            Pontiac GTO
                            Shelby GT500

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk Mondays
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.
(4) Driver lists can be found on the Championship standings page

Special Notes: The most popular car will be dropped from the remainder of the series.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:08:39 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 09:53:12 PM +0100 »

This is the l o n g circuit

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 12:28:25 PM +0100 »

I should be able to make this one  yes I need to as I seem to be leading the championship  Shocked

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 01:13:44 PM +0100 »

I should be able to make this one  yes I need to as I seem to be leading the championship  Shocked

No, you definitely need to miss this one...  Grin

Cheers,
Erling
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 09:34:16 PM +0100 »

I notice that Hristo managed a 2:08  in a Cobra around here Shocked... So I am guessing that these yank tanks should be a couple of seconds slower on a good lap?

Just d/loaded the track and got a shock as it was not the track I know from GPL. Sad   I am too tired to try all the available cars but the Shelby produced a 2:15 and the Road Runner felt slower but was almost a second faster. Tempted to try and hustle the Dodge Charger ( Erlings favourite car  Wink ) around sometime over the weekend and see if I can make that beautiful sounding V8 produce some speed.

About 5 full laps with each of those 2 cars thus far ( I'm not counting the exploratory trips into the scenery  Roll Eyes ) This is a simple circuit to learn, but I can already see where it is easy to screw things up  Grin

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 04:01:34 PM +0100 »

I would think that your 2:15 is a great lap time for this track

Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 11:58:30 PM +0100 »

I'm bit lost with the addon packs, do I download them all, I dont have any at moment.

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 08:56:47 AM +0100 »

I'm bit lost with the addon packs, do I download them all, I dont have any at moment.
Just follow whatever it says in the race announcement. Simples.

EDIT: Ah now I think I see the problem. You need the shared and 1960's packs
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 12:34:49 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 04:43:55 PM +0100 »

Grandson gave me mic and set me up for our team speak race site, anybody expect to be on it so I can check out "Chat"?

Will be logged on tonight for a while, from about 1945 until it all gets serious.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 07:27:51 PM +0100 »

Hi Bill .... nice to see you on the mend.

Guys no racing for me tonight, got home and builders in who seem to have had to disconnect my pc to remove a fireplace, will be spending evening finding all the bits and putting back together.
Have a good race and see you all next week.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 10:21:51 PM +0100 »

Replay and results now posted..........

and it's bye bye to the Shelby GT500  :'(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:32:24 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 09:05:22 AM +0100 »

Was a good one  Grin Was on for a possible win, but Clive had other ideas... that was an amazing pace in the Roadrunner
I found it an easy drive, but for me (and most I think) the GT500 was faster.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 09:39:02 AM +0100 »

So my plan to preserve the Shelby for a future race was foiled by.....everyone else!!!  lol

I was astonished that the whole grid (except me) had selected the same car. Then I was worried that I had made a huge noobie mistake and chosen what was the wrong car.  My only reason for taking the Roadrunner was that in the few practice laps that I did it was about as fast as the others, but seemed to be easier on its tyres.

In practice my PB was a mid 2:12, so when I saw a couple of guys posting 2:11's and 2:10's I realised that I was not quick enough to be in the mix....maybe I really had chosen the wrong car??

Matt was on tremendous form and kept chipping away at his pole time. Then I hooked up an almost perfect lap ( I thought) and posted a 2:09 that was sure to be pole position wasn't it? Not according to Matt who promptly put in a 2:08!!!! geeez! The only thing that might be in my favour was that my lap was on race fuel, was Matt running on fumes for that time??

So then we started in the dark, which I think caught everyone by surprise.

2nd start went well and I got the jump on Matt to steal the lead. Postal also got ahead of Matt and I sensed a chance to stretch a lead before Matt could get up to speed. In my enthusiasm I over cooked T1 on lap 2 and just caught the outside kerb which span me around and parked me on the infield. It took about 30 minutes for the whole field to pass before I could re join!!! dead last!! Sad race over!

Virginia at this time of year is prone to sudden mists and fog, and particularly dense red mist descended over the track at this point and I almost turned on my headlights.

I was able to pick up a few places over the next few laps and was immensely encouraged to see a group of cars ahead  AND MATT WAS AT THE BACK  Grin   Presumably he too had had an incident.

Now the race was on and I had to get onto the tail of that group and challenge Matt, Erling, Postal and Rob Burton.

Others seemed to be struggling at half distance with lack of grip, but my car still felt pretty good despite driving like a a looney in the early laps. I was able to brake later than Rob and made a pass on him into the hairpin, I had to muscle my way past Erling who was putting up a resolute defence, because I could see Matt hustling Postal to take the lead and escape again. I did stick my nose into a small gap down the inside of Erling ..I hope it was fair and I did not knock you out of the way  Roll Eyes.. and set off after the leaders.
Matt then made his move on Postal and was away again...rats!!! Postal was quick and I had to work on a pass from several corners previous, to get a run on him. Eventually I squeezed through and looked for Matt..he was a speck on the horizon.
The remaining laps were a case of chipping fractions off that lead with each lap until I was on his tail, as Matt kept it clean and tidy..then I ran wide and lost about 4 seconds. Talk about making things difficult for myself!!

More red mist and slowly I closed the gap again, but now I could see that his car was struggling for grip and that gave me some hope. With 1.5 laps to go Matt got a tank slapper out of the hairpin, so I just nailed the gas and went for the gap that appeared. My problem now was that the Shelby was quicker on the straights than my Roadrunner, although I appeared to have a little more grip on my well worn tyres.
Matt is far more experienced in GTL than I am and I was acutely aware that I would have to keep it very neat and tidy to stay ahead for the whole of the last lap.

I confess that I was concentrating so hard to hit the apex as we approached T1 that I was unaware of Matt making a move down the inside ( until I looked at the replay  Undecided ). His avoidance move sent him over that big kerb and he flipped ending his challenege, although it was a couple of corners until I realised he was no longer there.
I was able to cruise the rest of the lap to the flag.
Grats to all the finishers and I hope I did not do anything too naughty in my passes as I am finding it difficult to judge the width of these cars. I am used to being able to see all 4 wheels in GPL and knowing the width of my car so I might have been exchanging paint samples on occasions in this race.  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 10:53:48 AM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!

Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 10:05:32 AM +0100 »

This was the most difficult track so far in this series, me thinks.

Had hoped to stay competitive till the end, but it's becoming increasingly clear that Matt & Clive are racing on an entirely different planet..  Wink

Qualified 3rd, but lost a place when Postal got a better start. Later Mr. Burton squeezed through, but returned the position next lap, when he had a 2-wheel moment in the same place.  We swapped places a couple of times more, but eventually he dropped back.  Also passed a spun Clive in the early laps, and later a rejoining Matt.  Of course only a matter of time before they both got past again (And past Postal up front).

Hat put my faith into profiting from others making mistakes, but instead it seemed I was the one making them..  Roll Eyes   First a spin increased the gap to Postal to 10 secs, and more errors in later laps increased it to 15 secs.  Some concentrated laps reduced it to 10-11 secs, but I had no real hope of catching him, except..  With about 7 laps to go, I came upon a rejoining Postal, swooping past into 3rd, with about 3 secs gap back to him.  Now followed some extremely focused laps.  Couldn't afford to make any mistakes, if I wanted to hang onto 3rd.  Thankfully I made it to the finish.

Grats to Matt & Clive.  Quite in awe of the speeds you're capable of..  Shocked

Cheers,
Erling
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 11:28:24 AM +0100 »

I usually qual on race fuel, and did last night. In hindsight I should have given the setup a little more rear grip
to make it easier when the tyres went off. I passed Postal after a couple of laps, and then did something daft
somewhere and had to let him, Clive and Erling past and do it all over again. The last few laps were
very awkward, the car kept finding new places to veer off unexpectedly  Shocked
I seem to remember that one of the cars was kinder on it's tyres, it was probably the Roadrunner
but I was sufficiently faster in the GT500 that I thought it worth staying with. I like this series
and hope I can do the last two events  yes

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com