by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:44:44 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L14AMV8 Laguna Seca: October 13, 2014
October 13, 2014, 08:41:37 PM +0100 - Laguna Seca (1988+) - UKGTL Season 14 American V8s
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Plymouth Roadrunner (#69043) GTC-65 2 +0.193
75.367mph
1 47:09.106
73.532mph
26 1:47.101
74.707mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Falcon Sprint 351 (#56) GTC-65 3 +1.254
74.622mph
2 +4.447
73.417mph
26 1:47.393
74.504mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford Falcon Sprint 351 (#90) GTC-65 1 1:45.969
75.505mph
3 +52.138
72.201mph
26 1:46.448
75.165mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford Falcon Sprint 351 (#98) GTC-65 5 +2.529
73.745mph
4 +57.474
72.068mph
26 1:48.595
73.679mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Plymouth Roadrunner (#6955) GTC-65 6 +4.642
72.336mph
5 +2L 24 1:50.735
72.255mph
suspension
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Falcon Sprint 351 (#90) GTC-65 4 +1.576
74.398mph
6 +19L 7 1:49.230
73.251mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 14 American V8s - Laguna Seca - Oct 13  (Read 3347 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2013, 01:58:28 PM +0000 »

Grid/server capacity: 28

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (26 laps)

Track: Laguna Seca Download this

Cars allowed: American V8's pack Download this
                            Chevrolet Camaro SS
                            Dodge Charger
                            Ford Falcon Sprint 351
                            Ford Mustang TA
                           Mercury Cougar TA
                            Plymouth Roadrunner
                           Pontiac GTO
                            Shelby GT500

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk Mondays
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.
(4) Driver lists can be found on the Championship standings page

Special Notes: The most popular car will be dropped from the remainder of the series.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:32:58 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 12:29:29 PM +0100 »

I am in Hinckley on the Monday just for the day, M6 permitting I should get back home in time  sweatdrop Did 3 laps last night and managed 1:48.6  (I think) is a nice track for these
beasts  thumbup1

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 01:09:33 PM +0100 »

With Matt holding a 10point lead, and with only two rounds to go, the competition will be close.  yes

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 09:10:35 PM +0100 »

Big improvements during private practice, free practice and qualification  Smiley
but a poor and short race  Embarrassed
First time that I was able to master Laguna Seca in a satisfying matter -
but not during the race.

CU next time.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 09:57:38 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted

No more Falcon Sprint  :'(

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 10:54:04 AM +0100 »

Was looking like a good 3 way battle for the lead when I went off and messed up my chances, and had to let Erling and Postal
get on with it up front, I pushed Tony into a spin (sorry for that)  Sad and then got on the power too hard after passing Coyote and went into a wall, so then
had fun passing Roger and TOny then falling off again and do it all over again  Roll Eyes
I am local week of the 15th Dec so should be able to make the final  Grin
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:14:54 AM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 12:13:28 PM +0100 »

That was hard work!

An iconic track, but never a favorite of mine, no matter which virtual version I've been on.  As tyres wore, the car just got increasingly reluctant to go around those agonizingly slow corners.

Couldn't match my offline pb in qualy, but didn't matter, as I would still have been slower than Matt & Postal.  Retained 3rd at the start, but ran a little wide at T1, allowing Tony to muscle through. Later same lap, Matt fell off, so Tony and I both gained a place.  Next lap, Matt passed me again at T1, but at T2 I suddenly saw a flying rear light - Matt had rear ended Tony, spinning his car sideways. While the two gents exchanged insurance info, I slipped past into 2nd.

Some laps later, Postal fell off and I claimed the lead.  Slowly but surely he reeled me in again, and he had Matt in tow. Tried my best to keep them behind me, but eventually a small mistake let both through.

On the following lap, Matt went off again, ending nose towards barrier in the gravel. Expected it would take some time for him to dig himself out again, and had it confirmed by the next pit board, showing a 15-sec gap. Surprisingly - considering his earlier pace - the gap kept growing till the end.

Then the chase was on for Postal.  We swapped places again, when he went off a 2nd time.  Unfortunately I couldn't keep him behind me till the end, no matter how much I needed the points in my competition with Matt  Smiley

Grats to Postal on winning.  Commiserations to Kurt on an early exit  Sad

Think Matt's got the championship in the bag - I would need to do exceptionally well, and he would need to screw up royally in the final round, if I'm to have any hope of snatching it from him.  Neither seems very likely..  Grin

Cheers,
Erling
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 12:43:49 PM +0100 »

Offline praccy confirmed that the Falcon would be the car of choice here and so it was. I could not match the speed of the fast drivers in qualy so settled for 5th on the grid. Had a good start and first lap which saw me close up to the leader. However Matt was probably caught out by my braking point for T3? and gave me a tap which span me across the track. I stayed put as the rest of the field went around me then set of again. Let Matt past as I felt that I had held him up enough after my spin. Later on Matt went badly off and I passed him and looked to have third place in the bag. But a determined drive by Matt saw him, bit by bit, close the gap between us. And sure enough with about four laps to go Matt's Falcon was in my mirrors. Just couldn't stop him blasting passed but did my utmost to keep close behind him. But with the tyres squealing and putting the power down providing unpredictable driving lines I resigned myself to a fourth place.
Great racing and a final in December that should be close.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 08:05:30 AM +0100 »

Some proper racing indeed on a nice track. It feels not as a fast track but the layout is great.

Somehow i didn't fancy the Falcon and hopped in the Roadrunner. I guessed it wouldn't be as fast as the Falcon, but after some tweaks it felt like i could manage this baby nicely for 26 laps. That turned out to be the case as the car felt fine on a full fuel load and even let me slide on worn tires. Nice!
Had a great launch of the line and first into T1. Got a good rhythm and starting to pull a gap. Unfortunately i outbraked myself some laps in into T1 and when i got going again i had Matt on my case. I thought that was the end of my chances of winning today as he looked pretty fast and i realised i was checking my mirrors more then looking forwards... Somehow i managed to keep him behind when we reeled in Erling in his Falcon.
Kept the pressure on and a small mistake leading to the final turn i managed to stick it on the inside. That wasn't completely without contact (sorry) as i was committed to the corner and on full on the brakes when Erling tried to engage the corner and my Roadrunner was already there. Got passed as did Matt and i thought i would trie to hold both off for as long as i could.

Then Matt spun again and Erling still on my case. Did myself no favour by outbraking myself for the second time, only now there where just some 6 laps left. Had a blast sliding the car on worn rears and to my suprise i got closer and closer to Erling. When he finally went a tad wide into T1 i stuck it on the inside again and powered on to the finish line. Finally a win in this series  Grin

Next up Charger vs Roadrunner... looks like a no brainer. However i have a soft spot for Chargers, so i might just give that a go!

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com