by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 01:39:58 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L14WCM Le Mans: May 05, 2014
May 05, 2014, 08:43:09 PM +0100 - Le Mans (Sarthe (1968-71)) - UKGTL Season 14 World Championship of Makes
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 917K (#0) GTL Group S5.0 1 3:17.092
152.933mph
1 47:08.099
149.212mph
14 3:19.064
151.418mph
Firestone  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Porsche 917K (#0) GTL Group S5.0 2 +1.242
151.975mph
2 +20.343
148.146mph
14 3:20.586
150.269mph
Firestone  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ferrari 512S Code Lunga (#12) GTL Group S5.0 5 +10.168
145.430mph
3 +1L
131.280mph
13 3:33.238
141.353mph
Firestone  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ferrari 512S Code Lunga (#14) GTL Group S5.0 4 +8.519
146.597mph
4 13 3:23.829
147.878mph
unknown
Firestone  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ferrari 512S Code Lunga (#12) GTL Group S5.0 7 +15.361
141.875mph
5 +6L 8 3:26.183
146.190mph
unknown
Firestone  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ferrari 512S Code Lunga (#12) GTL Group S5.0 3 +6.051
148.378mph
6 +7L 7 3:28.322
144.689mph
unknown
Firestone  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ferrari 512S Code Lunga (#14) GTL Group S5.0 6 +12.078
144.102mph
+14L 0 ---
---
suspension
Firestone  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 14 World Championship of Makes - Le Mans - May 5  (Read 5999 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2013, 10:08:38 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 28

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (14 laps)

Track: Le Mans '70s  Download this

Cars allowed: Alfa Romeo Tipo 33-3 Download this, Ferrari 312P Download this, Ferrari 512S Code Lunga Download this, Lola T70 Mk3B/C Download this, Matra Simca MS650 Download this, Porsche 908/2 and 908/03 Download this, Porsche 917K Download this.

Modern tyre fix must be applied to the relevant cars. Full details here

Car restrictions: Two drives maximum per make *. Check your status here. *Drivers may elect to drop one make entirely and add two bonus drives with one other make.

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: This race is started by a flagman which you may not see! Strongly suggest that Auto-countdown is enabled. The start is in classic Le Mans format so you will line up diagonally in the pit lane. For extra realism drivers are asked to sprint to their PC's from the other side of the room.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 06:51:51 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 05:35:34 PM +0000 »

Race announcement revised

Porsche 917L removed from series.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 11:47:49 PM +0000 »

Rule change regarding No. of drives per make.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 09:31:19 PM +0000 »

Message and link for Modern tyre fix added.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 06:52:26 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 07:12:40 PM +0000 »

I might have to miss this race - looks like we might have a coach tour now on this date but I never believe it'll happen until we get the tickets and pick up time.  Roll Eyes

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 06:53:05 PM +0100 »

Race length reduced by two laps.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 10:30:46 PM +0100 »

Is the reduction in race length designed to allow the Big Fezza to get to the flag on a single tank of fuel?

i only ask coz I know nuffink about these cars. Just tried the Coda lungi and a full tank indicates less than race distance???  Or do we have to plan for a splash and dash if we use that car??

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 10:50:38 PM +0100 »

Is the reduction in race length designed to allow the Big Fezza to get to the flag on a single tank of fuel?

i only ask coz I know nuffink about these cars. Just tried the Coda lungi and a full tank indicates less than race distance???  Or do we have to plan for a splash and dash if we use that car??

All the cars should make it on a tank full with no stops required

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 11:12:55 PM +0100 »

Thanks Tony

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 11:19:49 PM +0100 »

Thanks Tony

The Ferrari will do 18 laps on a full tank

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 10:09:25 PM +0100 »

Not if you rip off the front splitter on lap 1 it won't!!!

Just a trifle miffed at screwing up this race as I had what I felt was good pace in that Big Fezza. I had actually managed a few laps practice over the weekend and was enjoying the chance to have a drink on the Mulsanne before standing on the brakes.

However, once I had tried to knock a new short cut through the final chicane and modified the aero package things went a bit "mammary vertical"  Roll Eyes. There was massive understeer at any high speed corner and lack of front grip under braking for the slow ones too. This caused a couple of excursions onto the green stuff and the inevitable SnG. When I went to the pits the first time my pit crew must have been asleep ..there was no one there!! and I ended up looking like a lemon ( well the car was yellow!) parked by the pit lane marshall with the green flag!! Did another lap and this time entered the pits forgetting the limiter  Undecided 2x SnG!!!

It would appear that my crew only respond to 2x SnG's  as they were there this time, and I had a ham sandwich and a cup of tea while I was waiting for the whole field to pass and gain a good half a lap on me.
I struggled around a couple more laps but it was plain that without the front end staying on the ground I was never going to catch anyone or even avoid a further SnG for running wide. The only highlight was getting airborne over the crest at the end of the Mulsanne and seeing only sky for a few seconds  Grin, before crunching back to the ground and just managing to slow it down in time to wrestle the ruddy thing through the corner.

Ah well.... next time things can only get better.....maybe.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 10:14:15 PM +0100 »

Replay and results now posted.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 11:25:33 PM +0100 »

Awful race for me, didn't complete a lap. Approaching the Mulsanne corner I went on the right hand side and put a wheel on the grass while braking. Lost brakes and steering and hit the scenery at full chat, blowing a tyre and almost killing the engine. Made it for a little bit further around the circuit before the engine blew up.
Congrats to GT for another race win. Nice to have Geoffers visit us again especially as we were down on numbers tonight.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 09:12:03 AM +0100 »

Nice to have Geoffers visit us again especially as we were down on numbers tonight.

Yeh, had another spare Monday evening so made a last minute decision to race. Spent most of qually learning where the braking points were (or sometimes were not!) & just managed to get one timed lap in. However I ruined my race right at the start by pressing the wrong key for the clutch (no pedal on my DFP) & the car moved forward when I put it in gear, there was no time to reset so had to live with a jump start.

Race went quite well after that, swapped places with Matt a couple of times when we overshot corners & had one or two brushes with the barriers. But I was never going to live with the Porsches especially as the damage from collisions with barriers knocked the top speed down on the Mulsanne Straight. Unfortunately I made a big error within sight of the finish when I went up the bank at the esses before White House, nearly recovered it only for the car to decide otherwise & shoot up the bank again & into the void!  Roll Eyes

Congrats to GT, Coyote & Eifelblitz.  clap clap clap
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 02:28:55 PM +0100 »

Did a lot of preparation for this one.  For me it was inconceivable not to drive the 917 at Le Mans, so fully expected it to be a Porsche Party.  Much surprised to find a Ferrari Fest instead, with GT and me the only party poopers..  Smiley

Very surprised also to find GT only 1.2 secs ahead in qualy, considering the astronomical gap between us last time we used this car, on Spa.  Maybe he wasn't really trying yesterday  Smiley

Got clean away at the start. Clive did his level best to slipstream me down Mulsanne, and I did my best to thwart it, changing lanes a few times. At the end, after braking, I start to turn into the corner, when a Ferrari out of nowhere flies past my nose, like a bat out of hell:

That was Tony, en route to his untimely demise.  I nearly needed fresh pants after that  Shocked  Consider myself extremely lucky he didn't hit me..  sweatdrop

Had Clive in hot pursuit for the remainder of L1, but he dropped back at the start of L2. From then the gap grew rapidly, so other incidents must have taken place behind me. Was approx. 5 secs behind GT until I made a stupid mistake at the end of L5.  Couldn't brake in time before the final chicane, and hit the barrier.  Lost a lot of time on this and from more, small mistakes the following laps, meaning the gap to GT eventually extended to 30 secs.

Very lonely race after my shunt.  Besides a single backmarker, I never saw another car until the finish.

Commiserations to those we lost along the way, not least Tony on L1, and Geoffers who had 3rd in the bag, only to fall into the void at the final part of the final lap.

Grats to GT for another convincing win - and Kurt for making the podium, after Geoffers's plunge into oblivion.

Cheers,
Erling
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 04:30:51 PM +0100 by Erling G-P » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com