by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 11:22:55 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L14FE Rostock: December 01, 2014
December 01, 2014, 08:31:40 PM +0000 - Rostock - UKGTL Season 14 Fifties Endurance
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ferrari 250 TR (#20) GTC-65 3 +1.460
100.599mph
1 1:11:54.447
94.546mph
40 1:43.182
98.834mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Aston Martin DBR2 (#49) GTC-65 6 +10.371
92.470mph
2 +2L
88.774mph
38 1:45.568
96.600mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ferrari 250 TR (#22) GTC-65 5 +8.484
94.080mph
3 +3L
84.926mph
37 1:48.207
94.244mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Maserati 450S (#66) GTC-65 1 1:39.912
102.069mph
4 +22L 18 1:40.944
101.025mph
suspension
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ferrari 250 TR (#18) GTC-65 2 +0.558
101.502mph
5 +31L 9 1:44.275
97.798mph
suspension
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Maserati 450S (#33) GTC-65 4 +2.356
99.717mph
6 +34L 6 1:47.158
95.167mph
engine
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-65
1:39.912
102.069mph
phspok
Qualifying
Maserati 450SDecember 01, 2014, 08:31:40 PM +0000
L14FE
GT Legends
GTC-65
1:40.944
101.025mph
phspok
Race
Maserati 450SDecember 01, 2014, 08:31:40 PM +0000
L14FE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 14 Fifties Endurance - Rostock - Dec 01  (Read 8893 times)
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2014, 11:23:57 PM +0000 »

The brighter headlights worked fine in offline practice, but reverted back to normal for the online race. Couldn't see anything through the wooded bits, total guesswork.

Guess I should have installed the patch on the server DOH  oops

Done now for that next time when I forget.

That's weird - I noticed no problems with the lights  Huh

About the race:
I spent a lot of time trying to decide which car to use.  Loved the sound and handling of the 250 TR, but bar the E-Type, it was the slowest car for me.  After much testing back and forth, I still decided to use it, although it would mean a non-stellar result (but perhaps a chance of finishing  Wink)  Shaved a little off my pb in qual, but still almost a sec after Geoffers in the same car, and nowhere near Matt's pace in the insane Maserati.

Very careful at the start and L1, as I didn't want to break my headlamps.  Had slipped into 3rd, but at the end of L1, Geoffers bounced off the walls, coming on to the start/finish straight.  I narrowly avoided him and slipped into 2nd, with Roger in tow.  I tried my best to shake him, but he hung on for a few laps, until a gap slowly formed.  Thus ran in 2nd for most of the first half, until Matt's untimely exit, which handed me the lead.  

Had a good gap to 2nd by now, so didn't have to push too hard - just had to keep myself from making mistakes Smiley  With about 10 laps to go, my concentration was starting to slip, and I almost hit one of those solid signposts (the very same that became Geoffers undoing, judging from the replay).  Thought it had woken me up, but no, it got me on the next lap!  Grin  Broke my headlights, but fortunately it had turned a little lighter by then, so I could see my way round to the pits without losing too much time.  Repair was quick fortunately, and I had enough of a gap to remain in the lead till the finish.

Fantastic cars and a great track for them.  Making it a night race made it extra interesting, and racing into the dawn sets a very special mood.  Had surely not expected to win, so can't complain about the result, but a shame the turnout was relatively low, and that we lost so many during the race.  Hopefully we can make up for it next season - I can't wait to revisit these cars  wub

Thanks once again to Tony for organising.

Cheers,
Erling
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 11:25:44 PM +0000 by Erling G-P » Logged
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2014, 06:30:23 AM +0000 »

Looks like a good time was had by all!  Congratulations Erling.

My PC has packed up big time, looks like M/B problem.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2014, 09:40:41 AM +0000 »

Grats to all the finishers and to those who took part.

Still absolutely steaming over missing last nights race!!  taz taz taz taz taz taz

I had been looking forward to this event since it was posted way back at the beginning of the year. Those iconic cars and a really simple yet challenging circuit... and head lights... and a longer endurance style race drool

I even found time over the last weekend to get some serious practice in, especially for those pit stops which have been my failing in so many previous races. Usually I get 30 mins over a weekend and a frantic setup tweaking in the pre race practice and qually.

I had tried a few of the cars and settled on the Aston DB2 as the first one that I tried that had a setup that appeared to respond to my style. I had that car singing after some demon tweaks to gearing and the setup, able to do 1:37 laps on full fuel and with the headlights on. The handling was smooth and predictable and I could slide that lovely car in a 4 wheel drift past the apexes and just clip the grass verge under power on the exits. I never hooked up a perfect lap, but a low 1:36 should have been quite a possibility, and I never even tried it with low fuel for pure qually time.

However!!  despite having done several sessions on the server over the weekend ( just to be sure that all was in order) when I tried to join last night everything went t*ts up just as the screen was about to change to the pit view.
It continually looped around adding Erling and Matt and I could see from the dimmed out timing board behind the message that they were both driving "SS Camaros" !!! I smelt a rat.  Sad

I actually had to crash the PC as the sound just looped in a warble and GT legends would not exit.
Reboot and went into the GT legends directory, Camaro hunting.  Nothing in the LM55 folder that should not have been, but the Ferrari 250 was missing?Huh?? Hmmmm quick d/load of Ferrari 250 and install, try again...same result....crash PC, restart and delete any evidence of SS Camaro from any of the car files!! that should kill the blighter!!

Tried to join again and....... race had started!!! censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored cursing cursing cursing cursing cursing cursing cursing cursing cursing cursing

The cat will be out of the vets before Christmas I am told Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2014, 11:21:57 AM +0000 »

If you were doing 37s on race fuel then you would have wiped the floor with us!
My best in the wayward 5.7 Mazzer was a low 39, and he flies down the straights much faster than
any of the others, though you need to start braking half a mile before any one else, and it goes round
corners like an aircraft carrier. I think I was doing 43s in the DBR2 at best.

I love these cars, they are ridiculous but great fun  Grin The Big Mazzer just makes me grin from ear to ear
like the Matra does with it's nutter screaming noises  laugh

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2014, 12:36:04 PM +0000 »

Congrats to Erling on the race win & the Endurance Championship.  clap I Am Not Worthy
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2014, 12:50:28 PM +0000 »

@ EvilClive - it looks like GTL was throwing up the Camaro as it couldn't find the Ferrari it needed and it got it's knickers knotted.

Re: Headlights. Don't think it's server related as I'm sure I have had bright headlamps at other tracks. So I'm thinking it's something amis with this track.

With folk having different spec/age hardware it's hard to find out if everyone is having the same "night time" experience. So whilst some can't see the track even with lights on, others can drive around quite quickly with no lights at all. We seldom do night races and I don't plan running any in Season 15. There may be some moody dawn/dusk races however but only in the Fifties Endurance series.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2014, 01:23:13 PM +0000 »

Re: Headlights. Don't think it's server related as I'm sure I have had bright headlamps at other tracks. So I'm thinking it's something amis with this track.

Yeh I found it odd that they worked OK offline, but not online. I only put them in the Ferrari TR folder as that was the car I was using, maybe you need to install them for every car in the race, don't know why though.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2014, 01:43:02 PM +0000 »

@ EvilClive - it looks like GTL was throwing up the Camaro as it couldn't find the Ferrari it needed and it got it's knickers knotted.

That kind of confirms what I suspected Tony, although why it should select the Camaro as a replacement leaves one wondering.....why the Camaro???

Great to hear that you are contemplating a season of races with these wonderful cars Grin

I agree with Phspok's appraisal of that big Mazzer, just an insane piece of equipment.. nail the gas and just hang on for grim death, press the brake pedal and wait for something or anything to happen..........eventually. To drive something like that in real life would have severely tested one's bowel control I think  Wink

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2014, 02:25:29 PM +0000 »

Yeh I found it odd that they worked OK offline, but not online. I only put them in the Ferrari TR folder as that was the car I was using, maybe you need to install them for every car in the race, don't know why though.
If you put them in the Teams folder they work for all cars

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2014, 02:38:48 PM +0000 »

Looks like a good time was had by all!  Congratulations Erling.

My PC has packed up big time, looks like M/B problem.

My friendly PC man was in the area and has visited and sort out problem. 

Back running again.  rockon

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2014, 06:39:42 PM +0000 »

Good to hear Bill  thumbup1

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2014, 06:41:56 PM +0000 »

Great to hear that you are contemplating a season of races with these wonderful cars Grin

More than contemplating mate  Roll Eyes

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?action=LM2R&group=443&theme=5

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2014, 08:39:51 PM +0000 »

Yeah - I'm very excited about season 15 to come, especially the 50's stuff  Cool
Thank you Tony for all your work!!!

Hoping for a bigger turnout next season.

Made a short note concerning the Rostock race over at RaceConnect, who are
running an own 50's series this year but obviously without any success  Sad.

Was in a bad mood yesterday but turned a bit more optimistic after free practice
and quali. However, race ended in an very early stage after several crashes due
to engine failure. Really hope to improve for next season.

Congratulations to all finishers and to Erling for winning the championship for team GTLDK  Wink

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 09:47:10 PM +0000 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2014, 12:25:29 AM +0000 »

Thanks for your efforts with the PR Kurt, really appreciated  yes

Spread the word guys, particularly you GPL'ers. Can we entice any more drivers?

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2014, 05:59:23 AM +0000 »

Good to hear Bill  thumbup1

Thanks.  Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com