Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 02:03:27 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 won't go online!  (Read 2503 times)
Colin Paxton

View Profile WWW
« on: December 13, 2013, 10:24:15 AM +0000 »

Hi

I have GTR2 from Steam (part of a special offer) and it works fine, apart from when I go online, put in my username and password, as soon as it gets into the lobby it CTDs. I have installed PnG3 with a clean install and that goes online no problem, GTL goes online too. Any ideas??

Colin

Colin Paxton
Team Backwards Racing
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 10:32:10 AM +0000 »

Does the GTR2 main folder contain a file called LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT?

and if you open that file using Notepad does it's contents say this

gtr2server1.gtr-evolution.com

Does the P&G install contain this file?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Colin Paxton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 11:29:41 AM +0000 »

Hi Tony

They all do, I have 2 GTR2 copies, one in steam and one in C:/GTR2 to avoid steam loading etc. Both GTR2's crash on entering the lobby, PnG doesn't and works fine which is great Smiley

Colin Paxton
Team Backwards Racing
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 11:57:23 AM +0000 »

Hmm well if P&G doesn't and works then logic might suggest temporarily removing the LOBBY file from one of your GTR2's and testing that. Either move the LOBBY file from the GTR2 folder or rename it .SAF

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Colin Paxton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 12:41:07 PM +0000 »

Hi again

Tried that and it says it cannot connect to the server. When I said PnG doesn't I meant it doesn't crash and connects to the lobby ok. I think another  Roll Eyes download from steam is in order....

Colin Paxton
Team Backwards Racing
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 02:27:36 PM +0000 »

Huh Does P&G have a lobby file?

Colin Paxton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 03:44:20 PM +0000 »

Fixed! Thought I'd reinstall the updates, 1.1 update, online functionality update etc. No change...checked the config in C:/GTR2 - FIA Racing Game and it was showing V1.0. Then I noticed another folder called C:/GTR2! Realised the updates had created that one I deleted it, reran the updates in the RIGHT folder and Hurrah it works! Now, why are some of the servers in red?

Cheers Tony for your help (again!)

Colin

Colin Paxton
Team Backwards Racing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com