Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 09:19:44 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 mods....  (Read 7595 times)
Wilier

View Profile WWW
« on: December 18, 2013, 02:18:01 PM +0000 »

Hey guys,

Im just recently getting back into GTR2 and have re-installed the whole shooting match, actually, 2 installations as I have PNG separately.
In an effort to bring the game up to date a little, Ive downloaded the GT1 and 3 2010 models from http://www.mods.com.ua/?p=1136. I basically just unpacked the files into my GTR2 install.
I can see all the teams listed in GTR2, however, I cant see any of the cars, or the 2010 championship in game. Anyone got any ideas as to where I may have gone wrong?

Also, does anyone have any recommendation for some more up-to-date mods for the game? I previously had the Aus V8 champs installed (back in 2009 maybe?) but cant seem to find it anymore.

Any help or suggestions greatly received.

"...please stay on the road this time...."
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 04:48:18 PM +0000 »

Hi Willier, those Gt3 an gt1 mods look cool. Maybe we can start using them here for our GT racing series. ? Cool

As for install, did you check the installer hadn't made a double entry directory under your game install? Ie putting another gtr2 sub folder etc inside the main game folder. Check the relevant folders are under your 'teams' folder. Also in your game menu you have to select the series that contains the mods.
Bit hard to second guess the problem without trying the install myself.

I would also recommend NAGP.com for some mega GT car sets for ALMS or FIA series  Cool

Wilier

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 06:56:05 PM +0000 »

Hey Mark,

Thanks for that. I did check that there wasnt a secong GTR2 folder within my main folder, however, in the TEAMS folder, there was the normal GT and NGT folders, as well as new folders for the GT1 and GT3 files, but no menu option for the mod?
Ive just reinstalled everything, so I'll try again and see how it goes.

Wilier

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 07:59:46 PM +0000 »

OK, sorted that then.
Clean install of GTR2, then extracted the files into the GAMEDATA folder.

Turns out the .tga was in the wrong place, as well as some .gda and text files in the gamedata and championship folders.
Bit of copy and paste action and all seems well so far.......

So, when you extract the files, there will be the following files in your gamedata folder.

SIM_FIAGT1_2010.GDB
SIM_FIAGT1_2010.TXT
FIAGT1_2010.TGA

The TGA files needs to be CUT and dropped in to the "GameData/Championships/Official" folder.
The GDB and Text files need to be COPIED into the same folder, then remove the "SIM_" part of the file name.

Had a quick play of the GT3 champs, and it has to be said...the R8 is a thing of beauty!!

d.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:30:25 PM +0000 by Wilier » Logged

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 09:28:24 PM +0000 »

I'm willing to try. Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 10:06:30 AM +0000 »

Glad you got it sorted.

TRuetom/Willier Give it a good test run of several different cars and give some feedback. If all appears well then perhaps we can adopt it as a new GT series if H@L / DG don't mind.
I will do some promoting over at NG if we get a new series together and try and rope in some more drivers. Worked well for p&g  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com