Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 03:27:00 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S26 Keimola: January 05, 2014
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 26 Santa vs Elves - Keimola - Jan 5  (Read 6004 times)
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2013, 12:05:59 PM +0000 »

By popular  demand Santa v the Elves is back. Santa has challenged the Chief Elf to a team event – the nearest they can get to the North Pole is Keimola in Finland. Santa & the Elves have been extra busy this year & haven’t had time to tune up their racing cars for the usual pre-season race but they will be ready for action by early January.

The supporting cast (drivers) are asked to assemble in the UKGPL chat Room in IGOR. Chief Elf (Billy Nobrakes) & Santa (whose identity will be revealed on the night) will take turns to pick teams from those present. Everyone gets to race – if there are more than 20 drivers then we will open a 2nd grid. If that is the case listen carefully for instructions. The password will be announced in chat.
Elves get to race the green machines – Lotus 33 or Brabham BT11, Santa’s get a choice of the red sleigh (Ferrari) or the rednose reindeer = BRM.

Points will be scored in accordance with usual GPL scoring. At the end of the race / races all points will be added & victory goes to the highest scoring team. There are unlimited Resets available. Each reset must be followed by a Stop & Go within two laps & it will cost the team 3 points. Failure to SnG will result in a Disqualification.

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL3 + UKGPL8 if required.
Race date = Sunday 05-01-2014
Time = 21:00 UK time (21:00 GMT) – Assemble in Chatroom
Track = Keimola
Race length = 28 Laps
Variant = 1965
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qualifying time =20 minutes
Password = will be announced on the night.

DriverTeamPoints
Raoni Frizzo  Elves50
Axel CookieSanta43
Mark Jones Elves37
Dean Logan Santa32
Jethro WaltersSanta28
Robert FleurkeElves25
Arf Arf Santa23
Greg Taber Santa21
Andreas Gebhardt Elves19
Dave CurtisElves17
evilclive  Santa15
Florian Gebhardt Elves13
Dave Rainier  Santa11
Billy NobrakesElves9
Ronnie Peterson  Elves7
Paul WhitfieldSanta5
Martin HuntElves3
Iestyn Davies Santa2

For the Elves, Ronnie and Bill took a Shift-R and for the Santas Arf^3 took a Shift-R at the cost of three points each

Final result:
Santas: 170 less 3 = 167
Elves: 180 less 6 = 174

NEARLY A DRAW Tempted as I am to penalise the Chief Elf 7 points for biffing the Chief Mod....we have to say well done the Elves....

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:25:54 AM +0000 by BadBlood » Logged

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 05:41:00 PM +0000 »

When I joined UKGPL, Gareth told me in #ukgpl about this race. Like to join this race as well, will be my first acquaintance with the 65 mod. Will do laps in all 4 mentioned cars in order to be a bit prepared. Wink

Driving for Antipasti Racing

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 11:52:31 PM +0000 »

Will do laps in all 4 mentioned cars in order to be a bit prepared. Wink

Hopefully not in the race  Grin

Have to decide if you want to be an Elf (green) or Santa (red)....

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 12:47:53 AM +0000 »

Will do laps in all 4 mentioned cars in order to be a bit prepared. Wink

Hopefully not in the race  Grin

Have to decide if you want to be an Elf (green) or Santa (red)....

Ah, cheers for explaining, thought Santa and the highborne Chief Elf would pick their followers in order to race for their team  Grin

Well, ran a few laps this afternoon, the Lotus has been eliminated by mindbreaker sound after a few hundreds of meters (I suppose there are other user friendly sounds, but this Lotus did remind me of my ex-wife), the Brabham was old fashioned good overall, the Ferrari had no torque in low revs had a 67 setup and I did only untilize 3 gears...have done a few laps in the BRM, but
Choice for me will be Brabham or Ferrari...already have the hang of he 65mod (I think should be fun racing), really forgiving car handling, with predictable oversteer just what I like...only bogging down in certain gears seems to be an issue so far, guess I have to use 2nd gear for the slower turns...

The cars seem to be on superglue in this mod, however I will not underestimate the hardship to get it running respectably fast. Seems to me like F2 is in between 67 and 65. Haven't tried 66 yet. Also yet have to xp the draft-effect.

Happy and a prosperous 2014 to all!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 02:53:31 PM +0000 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 12:55:27 AM +0000 »

Ah, cheers for explaining, thought the Santa and the highborne Elf would pick their followers in order to race for their team  Grin

From the couple of similar events I've attended, sides will probably be picked on the night;  depending on who has managed to make it to the pre-event chatroom.

Yeah - happy 2014 all!

Cheers,
Dave.
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 12:41:28 AM +0000 »

Just to clarify,
The teams will be picked on the night - so nobody knows whether they will drive as an Elf or a Santa. (apart from Chief Elf). It is so mysterious even Santa doesn't know who he is yet.

Elves can pick from the Brabham or Lotus - Santas can chose the Ferrari or BRM. That is a free choice for each driver. it is recommended that you set up two cars ready for action. In the event of 20 + drivers there will be two grids. Chief Elf will sort that out on Sunday. The Passwords will be announced in chat - so please pay attention.

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 01:12:42 PM +0000 »

Count me in for this one! Smiley

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 04:11:04 PM +0000 »

Not sure if it's this track but had 3 or 4 crashes in GPL in different sessions, T, P and R. Screen went black and GPL crashes back to desktop. Very fun track with a nice rhythm though.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:13:16 PM +0000 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 08:27:46 PM +0000 »

Not sure if it's this track but had 3 or 4 crashes in GPL in different sessions, T, P and R. Screen went black and GPL crashes back to desktop. Very fun track with a nice rhythm though.
We have used this several times in the past without difficulties - it should be safe to race.
One minor issue - which won't concern me personally - but I seem to remember that the flag man can't be seen by the pole sitter. Whoever happens to be on pole should look right (or maybe left?).

Second reminder - if you have to take a SnG please familiarise yourself with the pit entry - its about nowhere near the start / finish.

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 08:30:15 PM +0000 »

One minor issue - which won't concern me personally - but I seem to remember that the flag man can't be seen by the pole sitter.

Never bothered me much Bill  Grin

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 11:21:27 PM +0000 »

We have used this several times in the past without difficulties - it should be safe to race.
One minor issue - which won't concern me personally - but I seem to remember that the flag man can't be seen by the pole sitter. Whoever happens to be on pole should look right (or maybe left?).

Second reminder - if you have to take a SnG please familiarise yourself with the pit entry - its about nowhere near the start / finish.

Could be just on my end, I have a suspicion my HDD is dying, which is not good. Or loose cabling or faulty cables/connections. Need to build that new system soon, but I digress.

Thanks for the pointers. Noticed-or better didn't notice- the flagman and have yet to find out where pit entry is Grin

dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 12:37:04 AM +0000 »

Not very snowy round these parts Wink

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 12:42:17 AM +0000 »

Joined a practice race and had big fun in the Lotus. No doubt I'll be forced to be a Santa now...

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 12:33:11 PM +0000 »

Hint for the pit entry - exit of T1, stay left and don't follow the normal line.

Or there's that section on the S/F straight on the right-hand side Billy?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
MagicArsouille

.... ladies and gentlemen..... start your engine

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 07:56:37 PM +0000 »

Hi Smiley ....can I be in ?..... what car I can drive ?....

thx Wink
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com