Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 08:07:48 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S26 Borovaya: January 07, 2014
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 26 - Borovaya TEST - Jan 7  (Read 8694 times)
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 03, 2014, 10:48:38 PM +0000 »

This is a new track to UKGPL and we would like to run a round of the Graduates on it. This is just a stability test.

So, Borovaya, a real track near Minsk in Belarus.

The Short Minsk Ring was opened in 1962. The circuit is situated northeast of Minsk, near Skopishe-second village. On a map the track resembled a triangle; two south sides went along old Zaslavskoe highway, which turned to the south near the village, and the north side ran along a new post-war section of this highway. The length of the track was 2850 meters. The track doesn't have any fences or walls around it, but some areas are marked by wooden landmarks or piles of tires.

Borovaya is located in a hilly region, so the track has huge altitude differences for a such short length – around 18 meters!

This race is just for fun so no passwords or modding. Invite you non-UKGPL mates as well. Just a warm up for Sunday night. Unlimited Shift-R with no Stop n Go BUT we do expect gentlemanly behaviour!

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL3
Race date = Tuesday 07-01-2014
Time = 21:00 UK time (21:00 GMT)
Track = Borovaya
Race length = 30 Laps
Variant = 1967
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qualifying time = 30 minutes
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:50:34 PM +0000 by BadBlood » Logged

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 01:02:55 PM +0000 »

There is a corner that is tempting to run wide on the exit. Should I practice keeping at least two wheels on the "track?" or is it acceptable to run wide here? Thanks in advance, WC

On a separate note, I have already crashed enough in the braking zone for turn 4 to make me decide to turn the damage off while I make set-up changes to the car.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:15:50 PM +0000 by Walter Conn » Logged

Sunday Driver
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 03:02:24 PM +0000 »

You can run as wide as you like but if all four wheels go off the grey stuff then you are re-joining. Two wheels on is just fine. Which corner are you talking about? The king down the back straight?

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 04:12:49 PM +0000 »

Will show up, have ran a few laps just ago. Between T2 and T3 there's some extra asphalt, and it's beneficial in order to run faster through T2 and T3. Even when you're not aiming to use it, you will, on purpose or not Tongue

Also the tires on the sides of the track are very gluey, you'll get stuck in a minute there.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:44:34 PM +0000 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 12:39:06 AM +0000 »

Was going to give this one a miss but after sorting out a set-up for the Santa v Elves race I thought I'd download Borovaya.
Out of interest I tried the Cooper - not something I drive regularly & really struggled. Experiment over - back to Brabham machinery. Worked out the brake points etc & finally put in a 1.23. Is that reasonable? Don't mind being at the back but don't want to be miserably off the pace?

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 12:43:02 AM +0000 »

LOL - I was quite pleased with my 1:24 in the Brabham....

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 12:59:32 AM +0000 »

Just tried again and couldn't better a 1:26... Sad

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 01:17:25 AM +0000 »

A racepace of 1m20-1m25 would be respectable IMO, when you run consistently in a bracket, also depending on your chassis. Did some laps in the Ferrari with a Glen setup and ran a few 21s, but I guess there's more to come. Looks like a tricky track where you can easily overshoot the braking and corners and then get stuck in the tires. Not sure yet if I take the Ferrari, the Brabham or the Cooper. Wink

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 04:41:14 PM +0000 »

How the hell do you do a 1:21? What are the splits... I am not making any mistakes and only just holding it on the corners and I am struggling to better 1:26. I know that I am probably braking too late and missing the apexes but even so... sheesh.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 04:58:57 PM +0000 by BadBlood » Logged

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 05:26:10 PM +0000 »

How the hell do you do a 1:21? What are the splits... I am not making any mistakes and only just holding it on the corners and I am struggling to better 1:26. I know that I am probably braking too late and missing the apexes but even so... sheesh.  Roll Eyes

Sorry Paul, was my first encounter with this track yesterday and didn't save replay. Just focus on your exit speed, it isn't important to brake that late or enter the corner (too) fast. Hit the apex' (early) and try to get on the throttle as soon as possible, but be smooth and focus on your lines.

I'll do more testing here tomorrow and will upload a replay lap (and a setup) if it helps. Wink

Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 04:42:33 PM +0000 »

Went to the Brabham, and made some tweaks to the setup. Adjust steering lock, brakebias and diff settings to your own liking. Never use 1st gear in the brab. Start in 2nd, and slow corners in 2nd. Plenty torque so shortshift to prevent wheelspin. Be really gentle on the throttle and braking. My tires weren't even green in my fast lap.

Track has got a rhythm to it, but it's tight and bumpy, you run wide between t2-t3, and little mistakes will glue you to the tires at the sides of the track...also can't get heat in the tires so handling stays slippery...TBH I'm not too fond of it eyeing leagueracing, but that's why we are testing it tomorrow I guess...Wink

http://www.simracing.nl/uploads/RobertFleurke/rf_borovaya_7924_brab.zip

PS: how do I attach files in this forum, or can't we?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:20:04 PM +0000 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 06:35:11 PM +0000 »

TBH I'm not too fond of it eyeing leagueracing, but that's why we are testing it tomorrow I guess...Wink
Yes I am with you, this track seems technically ok but its boring for 67s F1, maybe better for F2. It's like the Norisring... 

No direct upload possible here, sorry!

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Arf Arf Arf

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 07:18:42 PM +0000 »

This track is madness for 67s. It will be carnage, and a moderator's nightmare!! It is too tight, T1 will be an overbraking nightmare, and there appear to be too many different ways of getting through it which will also cause chaos  Grin

I don't think anyone using the extra tarmac will 'rejoin' on top of someone, because of the speed advantage you get, but surely it is illegal to use it (4 wheels over the line) every lap?
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 07:59:09 PM +0000 »

I don't think anyone using the extra tarmac will 'rejoin' on top of someone, because of the speed advantage you get, but surely it is illegal to use it (4 wheels over the line) every lap?

The way I see it is they did put that asphalt for a reason, i.e. approaching t2-t3 as one long sweeping corner. The trackmakers knew ppl would run wide there. If it wasn't meant to be used they should have put an armco or tires to mark the side of the track. To me it's almost impossible to stay with 2 left tires to the left of the white line that marks the "legal" track, t2 tightens that much. It happens now and then but mostly 4 tires over the white line. You don't cut the track, you use more meters, however you prolly gain a few tenths.

According the rules it's prolly illegal, using parts that don't define the track (4 tires over white line). But if it was up to me, I would declare the extra asphalt legal to save trouble...ppl will simply run wide most of the times...

Arf Arf Arf

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 08:19:56 PM +0000 »

Robert. I don't disagree with your thoughts**, but ...
1. The white line was put there for a reason
2. If the 'run off' area wasn't there, you'd have no choice but to take the corner 'properly'
3. ** one disagreement. This is a track made out of real roads. The run off area wasn't 'put there', it was already there and they chose not to use it.

In my experience it is really difficult to keep 2 wheels legal, but it can be done (and with a 1:20 laptime), but to do it consistently....no chance, esp if someone is chasing you and you want to keep them behind....as I said, this will be a moderation nightmare.....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com