Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 06:38:48 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S26 Borovaya: January 07, 2014
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 26 - Borovaya TEST - Jan 7  (Read 8761 times)
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 08:40:48 PM +0000 »

I downloaded the track just yesterday and took my Cooper out for a look-see.  Quite a nice layout and I enjoyed it.  Over about a dozen laps, managed a mid-22 lap time.  I'll try to make the show tomorrow.

Edit: As I left the page for this event, I noticed that it was listed as the 'Smaller Minsk Ring'.  So...  Is there a bigger one?  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:44:11 PM +0000 by Doni Yourth » Logged
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 09:31:33 PM +0000 »

I can tell you the track builder is working on a track from a different country ATM, so if a larger one was used, we won't be driving it anytime soon.  We also won't be seeing any of those unfriendly tyres, with this next one. Shocked

EDIT :  Hmm . . . maybe the chappy below is using the long version?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:35:56 PM +0000 by maddog » Logged
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 09:31:54 PM +0000 »

Just tried this circuit offline and it is fun. So, thought I might join a few of the guys on UKGPL8 as the server was available.

The server showed as n/a ?? , but I tried to join anyway only to receive the message "you cannot join the server if the track is not loaded".........but it IS loaded I had just done 5-6 laps on it???

Suggestions answers on a postcard please.............................. Undecided

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2014, 10:06:29 PM +0000 »

Online I have FPS drops at this track, whatever graphical settings, alone at the track or not. I don't have them offline with max settings. Unraceable for me online, too shaky at key points...  Undecided

Tried a race with 19 AI cars, had the same effect, so it's my old low end system...might compress .dat file myself making a light version but not sure about that yet...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:41:08 PM +0000 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Arf Arf Arf

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2014, 10:15:48 PM +0000 »

That's a shame Robert, I'm not seeing this problem. Didn't check my FPS rate, but it looked fine. Maybe it'll be OK tomorrow...
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 11:24:44 PM +0000 »

Not sure that this track will suit the F1s but it is in the list so we would like a test. The race won't be moderated but the real ones will be.

I still have no idea how you guys are doing a 1:20... maybe I have the longer version and you all have the shorter...

It is actually quite confusing as it is described as the Shorter Ring for GPL but the length indicates that it is the full Borovaya track.

It IS tight though and I am not sure where the overtakes are going to be made - T1 outbraking at 190mph anyone?

As for T4, the speed difference by leaving the track is nearly a second so I can't see how you would rejoin on top of somebody. It isn't corner cutting but I think we will have to be pragmatic with this track as with some others where the 'natural' line takes you outside the designated track.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:55:46 PM +0000 by BadBlood » Logged

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 12:00:45 AM +0000 »

I'll have to own up and say it was me that suggested this track.  I wanted a good mix for season 26.  Nurburgring and Solitude are long tracks.  Monza, Mexico and Zeltweg have some quick corners.  Brands, Mosport and Snetterton have some medium speed corners.  Albi has long straights but some slow corners.  I think Borovaya is a bit like Albi which is why I suggested it.  If it isn't popular or there are on-line issues we can change the schedule for another short circuit.  We don't have long breaks between seasons so there isn't much time to test new circuits.  Having said that there are not many "real" tracks we haven't tried. 
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 12:02:27 AM +0000 »

PS: how do I attach files in this forum, or can't we?

There is an upload area on UKGPL3 here. But you would need to use anonymous FTP on Port 21. You can add files but only I can delete them or create sub-directories.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Arf Arf Arf

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 01:48:16 AM +0000 »

I still have no idea how you guys are doing a 1:20... maybe I have the longer version and you all have the shorter...

I'm down to 119.4 now, just 0.2 secs behind Robert. And i did that with no tow and kept 2 tyres legal between T2/3

As for T4, the speed difference by leaving the track is nearly a second so I can't see how you would rejoin on top of somebody. It isn't corner cutting but I think we will have to be pragmatic with this track as with some others where the 'natural' line takes you outside the designated track.

I thought we were talking about the big slab of tarmac to the right of the white line between T2 and T3. You appear to be referring to the approach to the second right hander as you exit the first? You can get the LHS over, but I don't think you can get the whole car over the lines there. Every time I've got close to doing that my tyres got bogged down.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 10:12:41 AM +0000 »

Offline I have done 1:20's in the Waza...(on line , no luck at all.)

Hope things work for me tonight as this track could be fun.

Paul, one thing I quickly discovered is that you need to be very tidy with your lines through the corner and be sure that you don't "overdrive" the track. T1 is easy to get sucked in with demon braking and make a complete balls up of it, compromising the approach and the exit.....that will easily lose you 3-4 secs as you will be slower all the way down that 2nd straight. Same applies for the exit out of the final corner, getting the power down and a smooth exit carries speed all the way down that long S/F straight......again a couple of seconds available if you get it right.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Arf Arf Arf

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 12:04:47 PM +0000 »

Thats a good point Clive. I was rear ended a couple of times at the last corner in praccy races. I slow earlier than others, in order to get a better exit that allows higher speed along the incredibly long straight.
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2014, 01:41:10 PM +0000 »

My best lap is in the 1:24's with the Brabham. I am a rookie so I'll be happy if I can avoid having an accident and finish the race.

Regarding the exit of turn 2, I'll try to keep 2 wheels on track. The corner reminds me of Blanchimont. EDIT: I just read Billy's post below. I'll follow everyone else's lead (hopefully not into the Armco though).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 02:01:30 PM +0000 by Walter Conn » Logged

Sunday Driver
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2014, 01:56:08 PM +0000 »

Clive,
I was able to join Borovaya on Cookie’s practice server last night. Far be it for me to give people advice on how computers work, but deleting the track from your “Tracks” folder & reinstalling would be worth a try.

Phil,
Subject to the test race getting a clean bill of health I don’t see any reason not to include this on the schedule for Season 26. The long straight down to the hairpin at T1 is likely to mean that there will be some sort on Lap 1 incident – but not really that much different to Montjuich.

Everyone,
Can I suggest that – for the purposes of this race at least – that we allow full use of the piece of tarmac between Turns 2 & 3? Perhaps the white line is there because it is the public road marking? It doesn’t feel like that should naturally be the edge of the track & difficult to tell from inside the cockpit at what point you have four rather than two wheels outside. Same applies for the edge between T3 & T4 – although I find keeping inside the line is better.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2014, 02:16:29 PM +0000 »

Offline I have done 1:20's in the Waza...(on line , no luck at all.)

Clive, as you remember I had this Igor related bug too and only a complete new GPL install did help!

But an IP connect did allways work!

Pick the IP out of the IGOR server details and start GPL multiplayer...

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2014, 03:09:59 PM +0000 »

...might compress .dat file myself making a light version but not sure about that yet...

OK, I have gotten Gaus' (trackmaker) permission to release a lighter version of Borovaya for ppl on older low end systems. I went to work, I worked with Winmip a lot back in the IndyCar Racing 2 days...

I have resized mips/srb's within 256x256 where needed, keeping sub-im., type and mapp. correctly or close to original. Only with horizontal and sky mips I did set sub-im.=0

Didn't change anything, only compressed .dat file to 25M and added a few lines at the end of readme.txt and compiled it all in a trackinstaller. Will use it tonight and if it goes well, I will upload it to UKGPL3 afterwards, and post it at SRMZ for other users who suffer from FPS drops at this track.

Finished the track up removing the last mistakes and compiled an installer, seems to work well online Smiley

Cheers Smiley
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 05:00:22 PM +0000 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com