Read this first!    

April 16, 2024, 02:34:47 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Running GTR2 on triple screens  (Read 3542 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2014, 01:08:31 PM +0000 »

Hi All,

I am looking into converting my setup to run triple screens, but i have read on some forums that it can cause problems in GTR2 when you are online, does anyone here run triples?

Also if you are using triples in GTR2 do you get the same view on the side screens as if you were pressing look left/right or is it still just looking forward?

regards    Stephen
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 01:39:41 PM +0000 »

I tried 3 screens a loooong time ago and it wouldn't work online - I ended up with using just the middle one for GTR2. In the end I opted for a 42" telly instead which I'm still using today. No idea why it fails online as the same content seemed to work ok offline.

H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 01:45:11 PM +0000 »

I do believe that everyone that tried 3 screens on GTR2 and posts on this forum had the same issue. Works OK in single player but crashes on line.

It is unfortunate and also brings doubt on Oculus Rift ever working on GTR2. Sad

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 06:48:15 PM +0000 »

I've never got it to work, I have to turn off the side monitors and run it off the centre one.  

I'm not sure it handles the strange FOV properly does it? the menus just get stretched across the desktop and looks horible.

Its such an old game its not designed for triple screens. It just treats it as a one big single screen so the display on the side monitors wont look properly as you have them angled in.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 06:50:40 PM +0000 by spanner » Logged

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 06:56:34 PM +0000 »

It is unfortunate and also brings doubt on Oculus Rift ever working on GTR2. Sad

That is indeed bad news if that's the case. I was looking forward to a Rift sometime in the future.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 10:46:25 AM +0000 »

I tried it some time ago and came to the conclusion that it works okay as long as you keep the resolution down - I think 1400x900 on each screen was about as high as I could go before I had problems. You can spend hours fiddling with the FOV but I never really found a setup that looked right the way iRacing does.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com