by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 02:11:27 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Various Steam problems and solutions  (Read 15499 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2014, 07:19:50 PM +0000 »

Can't enter CD key

1) When you start up the game, at the Main Menu, click on "Multiplayer"
2) Now click on "Internet"
3) Click on "Register"
4) It will now ask you to create the following - Username, password, confirm password, and email address. Go ahead and enter these, and click on the arrow to proceed. It displays the message "Please wait".
5) You'll get the message "Invalid Key". Ignore that and now enter your login details (username, password) that you just created. It will eventually come back again with "Invalid Key". Now, go back to the Main Menu.
6) Click on "Multiplayer" again
7) Click on "Internet" again
Cool Now, it will ask you for the serial number. Enter the CD key as given you when you either start the game through Steam or click on the "CD Key" option on the right of the game's page in your library. Enter the key using CAPS for the letter, with NO hyphens (dashes) between them.
9) Now attempt to log in again. After the "Please Wait" message it should be successful and bring up the multiplayer screen/server listing, etc.
10) If it still comes back with "Invalid Key", repeat from step 1 again. DON'T try from step 6, as the game will not ask you for a key.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 07:23:34 PM +0000 »

"I will explain what happened to me and how I got it working, maybe someone else will experience the same problem." quote from Steam community forum

I ran the game the very first time and went into multiplayer section.
There I DID NOT get asked for a cd key and I attempted registration, which after a few sec failed with 'cd key invalid'

Tried few more times after reloading the game, same problem.

After a bit of googling I tried to run the game .exe in XPsp3 compatible mode and as administrator. When I tried again to access the multiplayer section, I got asked for a cd key which worked fine and successfully completed registeration.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 07:25:42 PM +0000 »

I have done some research why the game loses serial all the time.

Well, steam.exe is problem.

Many people solved this problem by starting the game by clicking gtl.exe and this obviously shows that there's something funky that steam does.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 03:22:21 PM +0000 »

The on-line key is stored in the registry. Run regedit and look for HKEY local machine - software - 10tacle studios - GTL - keys and this should contain your on-line key.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 01:21:55 PM +0000 »

About to throw the computer out of the window now. My normal GTL logs in ok, though I had to create a new registration
The F1 GTL used to work, but now give a general error. So. I created a new registration and it asked for cd key, did that and it lets me in. once, and only once
if I log out and back in I get general error again. If I register a new name and go through the cd key thing again, it accepts it and lets me in, once
if I log out and back in general error every time. I have done several names and I am losing the will to live.
I get really fed up with this lobby stuff, it just seems a nightmare.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 04:11:38 PM +0000 »

About to throw the computer out of the window now. My normal GTL logs in ok, though I had to create a new registration
The F1 GTL used to work, but now give a general error. So. I created a new registration and it asked for cd key, did that and it lets me in. once, and only once
if I log out and back in I get general error again. If I register a new name and go through the cd key thing again, it accepts it and lets me in, once
if I log out and back in general error every time. I have done several names and I am losing the will to live.
I get really fed up with this lobby stuff, it just seems a nightmare.

Matt, I have read about this problem somewhere else (I think on Steam GTL forum). IIRC it's something to do with leaving the "-" out of the number key. Let me know and I'll have a browse of the forums to see if I can find a fix.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 04:22:22 PM +0000 »

See if this thread helps http://steamcommunity.com/app/44690/discussions/0/846940248417010174/#c846940249066179333

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 07:20:31 PM +0000 »

Been through all that at least a dozen times, I got my usename up to 58 now I think....
It was as if the key was not being saved. I could go and register then join a race ok, then I quit from internet
and I had to keep going through the same procedure every time I wanted to get on line, with a new username each time.
I tried the key with or without - and I got the same results. Last time I did it it also blew away my normal GTL install
and I had to create a new user for that as well. At the moment, touch wood, both installs "seem" to be working
I will have a play tommorow with the F1 install. If it breaks the normal one again I will worry about it on Monday.

Thanks for the tips.

Oh, and slightly off topic, but I fixed my XD (again) by installing the 2010 Direct X redist, and the lastest version of XD

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 05:19:56 PM +0000 »

This is becoming a weekly crusade...
I have spent all afternoon today trying, again, to get a working GTL. This time I resorted to a steam install which was already there but unused
so, i added Zolder75 and the Procars, after a lot of messing around with the wrong lobby, finally - possibly by running the game staight from the GTL.exe
rather than the Steam launcher managed to get on line through Altbiere. then left, restarted game, and invalid cd key again. same user name did
the register thing again and I'm on lne again, went off line then back on line, same thing, have to re enter cd key, same name no prob
This happens now every time I fire up GTL, i have to go through the register process and it lets me on. I have also been getting "general error"

So, I can get on line with a load of messing about, but the FF doesn't seem to be doing much, perhaps i need to fiddle withthe logitech profiler
and now, when I get on line whatever i select I seem to be getting one of the GTO, though I can select different skins, or the other non "Procar" choice. Maybe I am just getting
better at it, but I can't get under 42 with a procar, but can easily do 40 with the GTO. my othwer two GTL installs are just a mess now, and I can only
get a Merc LM55 online. so I need to try to percevier with this Steamy install.

What was it CLive said "It's amazing what people will put up with"

« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 05:21:36 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 11:17:48 AM +0100 »

having to enter the serial every time:

Steam is to blame - the serial is stored in the registry, and Steam modifies it every time the game is started, adding "-" to it. So I went inside regedit and modified the permissions for the keys, so Steam cannot modify it.

Here's how:

(1) When you start up the game, at the Main Menu, click on "Multiplayer"
(2) Now click on "Internet"
(3) Click on "Register"
(4) It will now ask you to create the following - Username, password, confirm password, and email address. Go ahead and enter these, and click on the arrow to proceed. It displays the message "Please wait".
(5) You'll get the message "Invalid Key". Ignore that and now enter your login details (username, password) that you just created. It will eventually come back again with "Invalid Key". Now, go back to the Main Menu.
(6) Click on "Multiplayer" again
(7) Click on "Internet" again
(8 ) Now, it will ask you for the serial number. Enter the CD key as given you when you either start the game through Steam or click on the "CD Key" option on the right of the game's page in your library. Enter the key using CAPS for the letter, with NO hyphens (dashes) between them.
(9) Now attempt to log in again. After the "Please Wait" message it should be successful and bring up the multiplayer screen/server listing, etc.
(10) If it still comes back with "Invalid Key", repeat from step 1 again. DON'T try from step 6, as the game will not ask you for a key.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 12:45:41 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2018, 10:55:28 AM +0000 »

Cannot register for online multiplayer

Go to the folder C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\GT Legends
or
C:\Program Files(x32)\Steam\steamapps\common\GT Legends

Finde a file that says "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY" Which with extensions is "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT"

MOVE or DELETE that file. It has a dead link in it. GT Legends default is NOT the url contained in the TXT file in question.

Makes sure you copy to clipboard the steam cd key.

Load GT Legends

Go to multiplayer then select internet

Enter your details, username, password, confirm password, email address. Press the big arow pointing to the right in the lower right corner of the screen. (This part is slow) It'll say invalid key.

Now press "login"

Now enter your steam cd key buy pressing ctrl+c in the box that says "Serial Key". It will be the only box. When you enter the key omit the "-" in the long code.

Repeat the registration form.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 12:46:59 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com