Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 08:37:43 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S26Am Keimola: February 04, 2014
February 04, 2014, 09:36:33 PM +0000 - Keimola - UKGPL Season 26 (2014) Amateurs Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
dave curtis
 Black Night Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 5 +0.631
89.823mph
1 40:04.297
89.045mph
29 1:21.353
90.746mph
Dunlop  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +0.088
90.420mph
2 +1.820
88.978mph
29 1:21.972
90.060mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 3 +0.376
90.102mph
3 +20.953
88.276mph
29 1:21.942
90.093mph
Dunlop  
BadBlood
 Blue Moose Racing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 4 +0.464
90.006mph
4 (+3) +22.730
88.211mph
29 1:21.545
90.532mph
Goodyear  
Johnny.P
 Blue Moose Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 1 1:21.558
90.518mph
5 +35.507
87.749mph
29 1:21.414
90.678mph
Dunlop  
Walter Conn
 WSL Racing Team
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 6 +0.729
89.716mph
6 +1:03.567
86.751mph
29 1:20.648
91.539mph
Dunlop  
2 UKGPL_T7

Honda RA272 F1 1965 7 7 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

One incident in the first lap and nothing reported

Server replay time: 0h01m34s

Paul follows Rog into VW-Mutka and messes his braking or wants to make a "Very Ambitious Overtake".
Paul bumps into Rog...
Result is a spinning Rog who was suddenly at the tail of a small grid.
The rules say:
The overtaking driver had not achieved any degree of overlap at turn-in. The overtaking driver WOULD have made the corner. Penalty for overtaking driver.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 26 (2014) Amateurs Trophy - Keimola - Feb 4  (Read 5307 times)
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2014, 01:12:10 AM +0000 »

Season 26 Amateurs Trophy - Round 2 - Keimola

Welcome to the second round of the Amateurs Trophy. We move to snowy Finland. Luckily for us, the track is dry as Santa and the Elves have cleared a path....

The Keimola Motor Stadium was a dedicated race track located in Vantaa, Finland. It was founded by Finnish racing driver Curt Lincoln after the closure of the Eläintarha track in 1963. Construction started in 1965 and the track was opened on 12 June 1966. So we can't claim absolute historical accuracy here but the 65 cars are well suited to this twisty, tricky track. It was 3.3 km (2.1 mi) long, consisting of eight turns and a 1 km (0.62 mi) home straight. Multiple racing series, including Formula Two, Formula Vee and Interserie, raced on the track during the years it was used but after many years of financial difficulties, the track was abandoned in late 1978.

Our race will be run under INT rules and only ONE reset is allowed. Entrants must complete 50% of the race distance to score. EACH Shift-R MUST be followed within TWO laps by a Stop 'n' Go.

All drivers have free choice of chassis although the faster drivers (you know who you are!) should avoid the BT11 and Lotus. There is currently no handicap for this series.

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL_T7_2
IP address = 62.149.202.168
Race date = 04-02-2013
Race Time = race starts at 21:30 UK time
Qualifying Time = Between 30 and 60 minutes, starting no later than 21:00 UK time
Track = Keimola
Race length = 29 Laps
Variant = 65
Damage Model = INT
Race length = 40 minutes (laps 29)
Password: see above

65 Patch: The 2.02 Release of the 65mod can and should be used. You need a working installation of the 65 mod to install the 2.02 Update. All the 65 Mod files can be found here

Replays Available here

Driver lists and rules can be found on the championship standings page

The full time drivers can start to practice as soon as the server is available.  Reserve drivers can also join as soon as the server becomes available but must leave the server with 35 minutes of qualifying left, for a total of 5 minutes; this will allow any remaining full timers to join.  If there is enough space on the grid, the reserve drivers will be able to rejoin when there are 30 mins of qualifying left.  

Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Moderation: Full moderation of lap one red zone which runs to the exit of the final turn since the latter part of the lap is so tight.

Other moderation will be on reported incidents only.  However any incidents that occur in the red zone that are not reported by the drivers will be reported by the moderator.  This will allow all affected drivers the opportunity to present their case before the incident is moderated.  This should ensure there are no surprises when the moderator's report is published and hence appeals will be less likely.  If you haven't received a PM about an incident before the link below the results table is removed, you can be sure that you will not appear in the moderator's report.

Password: see above
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 03:13:28 PM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:36:40 PM +0000 »

Big apologies to Rog. Bashed him Lap 1 when I missed my brake (literally, my foot slipped off) and then in the middle of the race (lap 16 or so) my steering wheel literally fell off the desk so I clamped it between my knees and pushed it back on. Up until then it was big fun trying to fend the pack off. Melted my tyres and then when I was behind drove better. Fun but thin...

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 11:17:40 PM +0000 »

Well Done Dave C.! I need to try to emulate your consistency in the next race. I was involved in an accident on lap two in turn one. I did a shift-R and S&G. I could have come back from behind, But instead, I made one mistake after another. On the bright side, I was able to turn the fastest lap. So I can't be too hard on myself.  laugh  I'm looking forward to the next race. Cheers!

Sunday Driver
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 01:00:49 AM +0000 »

Well, I did practice a bit for the Santa vs. Elves event,  so I had some idea of attainable times & thought I'd stick with the same car/setup.   However, in qually was consistently quite a bit slower & remained last.  Was not expecting to pip Walter to that place on the grid - I must have pulled about 1 second improvement in one sector to just nose ahead.

Had a couple of offs during the race, but  luckily for me the others had bigger issues of their own to deal with.  There seemed to be a 3-4 car train for a lot of the race,  with Billy way ahead/away from the fun.

Come the end,  was catching Billy but would have been tight with the remaining few laps.  Unlucky that man - on just running a bit wide at T1;  but thought I'd better take that place as it was being offered.

To be honest, I feel as if I was probably outclassed by the field.  Johnny in that Cooper,  Rog (although was more comfortable when he dropped back by 500 yards!) & Billy who had scooted clear until I could start closing up with about 10laps to go.

Walter clearly had too many incidents,  but still managed to pop in a couple of fastest laps come the end!  My Probluda reckoned a fantasy 1:20.89,   but my best was 0.5 second away from that.   Good going Walter with a real 1:20.6! In fact the only runner to get below 1:21.

Should also probably mention that Honda too - well,  that just kept buzzing rather loudly/closely too... Smiley

Shame about the low turnout,  but was still a lot of fun/lot going on regardless.

Cheers all,
Dave.

Johnny.P

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 07:18:08 AM +0000 »

Good track choice- I'd never heard of it before so did some searching and found its sadly in quite a state of disrepair. A terrible race for me with 7 offs- I was utterly hopeless. I span once exiting the final turn and got on the dirt and six times at turn 1 on the brakes. I'm trying to stick with the wheel and peddles this season instead of my trusty pad but I am usless when heavy braking is needed I have feet of clay. Well done Dave on the win may see you next time.
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 11:39:52 AM +0000 »

Should also probably mention that Honda too - well,  that just kept buzzing rather loudly/closely too... Smiley

Hmm - probably not. Not my best.

Awful with Rog lap 1 (BIG apologies) we had been side by side for three corners and I felt I could hold him wide but I literally missed my brake and caught the clutch instead. It was only momentary (you can see the lurch on the replay and then me shoot forward) but it was enough to knock him off. Got stuck into chasing Billy but then had an off that gave Bill a comfy lead and there was a gap to Johnny. Behind me an angry red buzzy thing. It took me driving on the edge to hold him off and I was grateful to Honda grunt to keep a lead on the S/F straight. Tyres were melting and I had to slow the pace but Rog couldn't quite pass. Then my steering wheel fell off the desk and I had just about rescued it but it ruined my concentration and sure enough, next lap, off at T1. Then I was just chasing and with cooler tyres and concentrating on braking earlier and smoother the lap times came down. I was reeling Rog in slowly but surely but running out of laps. A few banzai attempts got me close but no cigar.

WD to Dave - raw speed is nothing without control... commiserations to Bill and on to Kyalami where I see that the best lap from our last visit was 1:24.6. My PB is 1.25.8 and I can only just beat 1.24.6 in a 67! So no hope there Sad

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 11:50:34 AM +0000 »

A pity that the numbers are down – but the whole filed was very evenly matched – less than a second difference in qualification from 1st to 6th.
I managed a PB in qualifying. Johnny did a great job in the Cooper to take pole & I was happy with 2nd spot. I inherited the lead in turn one when Johnny overran & then discovered I had lost the Pribluda info at the bottom of the screen – so spent the whole race counting gear shifts.
I led the race for 27 out of 29 laps, but not the important ones. Had a good cushion until the last few laps when Dave C was taking 50 – 100 yards a lap out of my lead. My one error in the whole race was to over-run T1 slightly & that allowed Dave a free pass.
Looking at the result I had the slowest fastest lap (if that makes sense) of everyone – which sort of means I’m relying in the competition to make mistakes.

Unfortunately have work obligations for the next rave so have to catch up catch up at Round 4. Hope the turnout improves.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Boggy
Former UKGPL Moderators

Always Learning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 06:14:17 PM +0000 »

Sorry I missed this one, but call from UK and mad dash to airport to drop the wife off
Oh well Kyalami next
Well done to all

Boggy
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 06:45:10 PM +0000 »

We missed you mate.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 06:55:34 PM +0000 »

...six times at turn 1 on the brakes. I'm trying to stick with the wheel and peddles this season instead of my trusty pad but I am usless when heavy braking is needed I have feet of clay...

Are you left or right foot braking? Either way, deep/late braking is the last place to look for laptime. Try braking just a little earlier than you think you have to, and more gently, concentrating on getting the car set for the corner. Going into a corner all panicked and unbalanced (NOT claiming here that I don't still do the same thing  Tongue ) just costs you time as you try to gather it back up, hit the apex (or worse, miss it), and just then start to get drive out of the corner to the next one.

In other words, if you're not hitting your apexes consistently every lap, never mind about the braking for now.
Johnny.P

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 09:47:25 PM +0000 »

Thanks DL much appreciated. Smiley
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 01:00:04 PM +0000 »

Had some good racing chasing Badblood and lucky he went off so i could pass, Fez not fast enough on straight to challenge Honda (poss my set up, which again lets me down on last 6 laps with front tires shot.) Yes Badblood another few laps and you would prob have got me. No Prob lap 1 Badblood i was being a bit to aggressive. Dave C kept closing up on me but seemed no prob lol my mistake on straight he shot passed me and opened up a good gap. Hard luck Billy on mistake costing lead.

Grats Dave C on race win.

Grats Walter on fastest lap (in fez)
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 01:27:42 PM +0000 »

Grats Walter on fastest lap (in fez)

Thanks, I used a set-up called "Axel Soft" and then I reduced the tire pressure one pound all around because they were getting so hot (especially after one of my spins  laugh). 

Sunday Driver
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 03:38:40 PM +0000 »

Hi Walter thanks for info will try it, the 2 65 races my left front goes off then at Keimola right front also.
Be interested to see how Axels and my setup compare.
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 05:00:04 PM +0000 »

In my experience often burning front tires account for wrong spring proportion, and amount, for your driving style. Same for burning rear tires. I'd put more ratio in the rear for the first, i.e stiffer rear springs (or softer front if car doesn't bottom out). And/or stiffer front ARB keeping the ratio you like (for lower tiretemps). First work on balance/amount tiretemps front/rear (wheelrates), then balance turns (ARB's). Rather first tweak springs, then arb's and after that maybe tires.

Again, in my experience a wrong balance of tiretemps front/rear account mostly for wrong proportional wheelrates, and too soft arb's for too high temps in general. For your driving style that is! I might use more rear wheelrate ratio than most drivers!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 05:19:13 PM +0000 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com