Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 09:07:23 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S2667W Nürburgring: February 09, 2014
February 09, 2014, 10:54:26 PM +0000 - Nürburgring (Nordschleife) - UKGPL Season 26 (2014) Works Trophy (67)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
MagicArsouille

BRM P115 F1 1967 5 +8.218
102.931mph
1 50:33.991
101.000mph
6 8:14.917
103.193mph
Goodyear  
GregT

Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 1 8:07.961
104.664mph
2 +3.356
100.888mph
6 8:08.842
104.476mph
Firestone  
Arf Arf Arf
 Team Baarf
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 3 +5.156
103.570mph
3 +1:12.538
98.642mph
6 8:24.582
101.217mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 10 +21.030
100.340mph
4 +1:50.009
97.466mph
6 8:28.366
100.463mph
Firestone  
Tom van Ostade
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 2 +3.960
103.822mph
5 +2L
101.037mph
4 8:16.312
102.903mph
Disco
Firestone  
Iestyn Davies
 Blue Moose Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 4 +6.296
103.331mph
6 +4L
97.406mph
2 8:38.377
98.523mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Robert Fleurke
 Antipasti Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 6 +8.374
102.899mph
7 +5L
99.558mph
1 8:32.308
99.690mph
Disco
Firestone  
Artiglietti

BRM P115 F1 1967 7 +9.210
102.726mph
8 +4.150
98.759mph
1 8:36.297
98.920mph
Disco
Goodyear  
DLogan

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 9 +19.738
100.595mph
9 +8.599
97.917mph
1 8:40.400
98.140mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Doni Yourth
 Blue Moose Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 11 +21.256
100.295mph
10 +10.215
97.614mph
1 8:41.194
97.991mph
accident
Firestone  
Turkey Machine
 HikiWazaRacing
BRM P115 F1 1967 12 +25.849
99.399mph
11 +26.668
94.638mph
1 8:57.428
95.031mph
Disco
Goodyear  
AnGex
 Black Night Racing
Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 8 +10.138
102.534mph
12 +6L
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Firestone  
Ronniepeterson

BRM P115 F1 1967 13 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
Gpg UKGPL

Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 13 14 ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

Nice clean Red Zone and only one reported incident.

In the Red Zone itself Jethro gets a good start but slightly over-rotates in front of Doni and he is bumped off. Doni had nowhere to go - not for the last time...

Server replay time: 0h11m46s

Robert, (in his own words) loses it at Adeneuer Forst and hits the tree. He checks prib and waits for Art and Iestyn (whose spin is unrelated), and thinks he has a gap to Doni, not taking the fast piece of track into account as well waiting and not double checking prib.

This sums it up pretty well. It was difficult for Robert as he is unsighted by the track and Iestyn is right by him making it impossible to hear. Nonetheless he should not, given the topography of the track spun straight on.

Unfortunate for all involved.

The rules have this: Only practical place to join is onto the racing line but topography prevents rejoining driver from checking if another car is approaching. Rejoining driver pauses to listen for approaching car. Nothing heard so rejoins promptly but a car appears and contact is made.

This does not quite fit but I don't believe Robert was deserving of a penalty.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 26 (2014) Works Trophy (67) - Nürburgring - Feb 9  (Read 6219 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2014, 06:11:02 PM +0000 »

Season 26 Works Trophy - Round 3 - Nürburgring

"The Green Hell" need we say more?  As always, we will run Pro Damage, so resets are not allowed.

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL_GPG
IP address = 62.195.2.111
Race date = 09-02-2014
Race Time = race starts at 21:30 UK time
Qualifying Time = Between 30 and 60 minutes, starting no later than 21:00 UK time
Track = Papyrus Original
Variant = 67F1
Damage Model = PRO
Race length = 50 minutes (laps 6)
Password: see above

Replays Available here

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

The full time drivers can start to practice as soon as the server is available.  Reserve drivers can also join as soon as the server becomes available but must leave the server with 35 minutes of qualifying left, for a total of 5 minutes; this will allow any remaining full timers to join.  If there is enough space on the grid, the reserve drivers will be able to rejoin when there are 30 mins of qualifying left. 

Moderating The red zone will be fully moderated for lap 1 only. For this event the red zone will be from the start to Flugplatz. Other moderation will be on reported incidents only.  However any incidents that occur in the red zone that are not reported by the drivers will be reported by the moderator.  This will allow all affected drivers the opportunity to present their case before the incident is moderated.  This should ensure there are no surprises when the moderator's report is published and hence appeals will be less likely.  If you haven't received a PM about an incident before the link below the results table is removed, you can be sure that you will not appear in the moderator's report.

The chassis token system is explained on the Works standings page. Please ensure you choose a chassis that is within your budget, which can be seen by hovering the mouse over your points total in the standings.

Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Password: see above
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 05:53:55 PM +0000 »

"The Green Hell" need we say more?

Because of my busy (race)schedule of late, I kind of dreaded going to the Nürburgring early in the Season. It's been 8 years I drove there, and knew I had only few days of practise. But after 5 laps in the Coop I've got the hang of it again after brewing a setup in GPLSM. Enjoy driving this awesome track. Again, my aim will be to have a clean race and finish, should be fun! Smiley

Driving for Antipasti Racing

clouds

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 08:07:34 PM +0000 »

Hi, I would like to participate at some of these races and the ring is one of these. Also if my presence is not 100% sure, I registered anyway. Please activate me because I don't see the PW.

Thx. See you on track.

Sergio "Clouds" Lonzar

...Houston, we've had a problem here!

Jack Swigert, April 13rd, 1970. Apollo 13 on the way to the moon.
clouds

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 08:12:00 PM +0000 »

Damn...I'm sorry but something is happening that takes me away from this event unfortunately !

Have fun !

Sergio "Clouds" Lonzar

...Houston, we've had a problem here!

Jack Swigert, April 13rd, 1970. Apollo 13 on the way to the moon.
Iestyn Davies

Variety comes in packs of 7 GPL cars! Drive 5/day!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 08:45:02 PM +0000 »

Saw you on the practice server Sergio last night in that practice race (in the Brabham). See you next time!

GPLrank = -75
Monster = -400

See ya online Smiley
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 10:06:55 PM +0000 »

Hate this place... last on the grid, last on lap 2, stuffed it in the hedge.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 10:09:07 PM +0000 »

So sorry to Doni for my rejoin that ended your race, and to Greg as well who suffered from it. Checked prib and saw a gap that was not there, feeling real small right now Sad

Really annoyed with myself, was just running solidly in P2 when I lost focus, went wide at Adeneuer Forst and rammed the tree on Lap 2. Then I rejoined thinking there was a gap. I accept all blame and penalties, no excuse. Sorry again, but it won't help you much Sad
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:41:02 PM +0000 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Artiglietti

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 10:24:18 PM +0000 »

I think I raced here three times now, and never managed to finish...Poor qually, but the race start was fine, profited of others' mistakes to climb to second, then the usual concentration lapse, pinched the grass, got sucked up the bank, hit the marble hedge and of course landed on my head. I think this place is just irritating, glad it is out of the way..See you at the next one guys.
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 10:51:57 PM +0000 »

Well...  I'd like to say that I'm not bothered but...

Nah...  What's the use.  Poo happens.  I'm sure, Robert, that if you were convinced that you had time to safely rejoin, that, indeed, was the case.  Just didn't work out for either of us.

Grats to Tristan on a fine drive after an early off.  Ditto to Greg for likewise.  Tough luck on Tommie with a comfy lead.  Evidently, there was lotsa poo to spread around.  Smiley

Just a short hop to Austria.  CYA then!
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 11:08:50 PM +0000 »

Well...  I'd like to say that I'm not bothered but...

Nah...  What's the use.  Poo happens.  I'm sure, Robert, that if you were convinced that you had time to safely rejoin, that, indeed, was the case.  Just didn't work out for either of us.

I will submit an inc report, in order to explain and accept the blame, no excuse. I'd be pissed too if it would happen to me. Once again apologies Doni and Greg...

PS: congrats Tristan, Greg -impressive pace-, both good comebacks and well done Arf and Clive. Not sure what happened to Tommie who looked to do a double-win tonight...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 12:04:49 AM +0000 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Iestyn Davies

Variety comes in packs of 7 GPL cars! Drive 5/day!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 11:15:34 PM +0000 »

Just one of those days I guess. But for a lazy understeer moment at Brunnchen, I would have had a new BRM PB on my last Q lap. At t1, left room for Robert on the inside and ran wide, but I just wanted to make it to 3 laps done so that was OK. Art got by near the end of the lap, as he was right on my tail at Pflanzgarten. Lap 2, the melee happened, and I crashed just as the yellow came out and I looked up the road, just before braking for Adenauer. Flew over the hill on the right, bounced off the barrier and landed right next to Robert. I can sympathise with the pribluda thing, as sometimes it can be not 100% updated and give a wrong impression of gaps. As I got going again, Doni hit Robert, who was also trying to get going again. I then weaved my way through the gap between them and got going. My 1st gear was very long, and it took ages to get moving, thus Robert could only move after I had gone past. By this time, Greg came in and made contact with Robert, ending his race. Dean followed me up to the hedges and lost it in there, before at the end of the lap a RR wheel spin out at the mini-Karussell put me behind Clive's train of recovering cars, as it took me an age to get going again in 1st gear. Now wanting to just make it to lap 4, I promptly spun into the hedge in s2 on lap 3 with Arf on my tail. At least I can bag the tokens for starting this time..  laugh

GPLrank = -75
Monster = -400

See ya online Smiley
Arf Arf Arf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 11:35:54 PM +0000 »

Well since we're all bashing Prib tonight, let me have a go....

Firstly, I don't use it, cos its generally too much info and too distracting. However, I took the risk of using my new PC tonight, and having done a fresh install I see that Prib is part of the standard install. After working out how to hide all the panels of Prib data, and getting used to the slightly different positioning of the speed/gear/revs data vs Digital Dispaly Modifier, I went out to qualify. Lots of familarisation issues meant I only got 1 clean lap, and what a lap it was - a PB. The pick of the issues was my monitor going into sleep mode just as I went into mini karousell on a blistering lap. I have hopefully fixed that by altering the power plan settings (? or is there a better way?).

Happy to qualify in 3rd.....and that's all I can remember at the mo..so many things happened in the race. I think I was 11th at the end of the first lap, as I made two small mistakes, and left myself in harms way. The damage report says I only got damage in separate(ish) incidents at 3:23 and 3:26, which surprises me (thought the car took way more than that...). Whatever, by the middle of lap 1 I had major problems with the handling, which took me a lap or so to understand, and the rest of the race to tame. The car was rotating in a very weird way, and always kept me on my toes.

Halfway through the race I started to get paranoid that the monitor would switch off again, so along the big straight I made a clumsy stab at the keyboard to tell the PC I was still there......and in doing so I switched a ****** prib panel on...and it happened to be the one that tells you how far apart you are from people. I had no idea which button switches it on/off, so tried to ignore it...and failed. Kept sneaking a look. Greg was disappearing ahead of me, but I started fixating on Clive behind......and of course that caused me to spin. Twice. If only I'd known that his car wasn't in great shape...but the gap got smaller and smaller, and the only reason I stopped looking at the gap was to look in the mirrors instead....d'Oh..

Still, last two Works races here I have been 3rd. I love this place!!!

GregT

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2014, 11:52:59 PM +0000 »

Congratulations Tristan! Took the BRM to a win at Nurburgring. Excellent job! Thank Tommie for pressuring me into a mistake at Schwedenkruez.

Evidently, there was lotsa poo to spread around.  Smiley

I was crapping all over the place. I also pissed away my only real chance for a win this season.

I apologize for all the trouble I may have caused. I wrecked Arf twice. I don't what I may have done to Dean at Adenauer. He followed me into a mess there and I got lost and didn't know where to go. I hit somebody on two consecutive laps there. Don't worry about it Robert on my part. Any problems I had were due to my early mistake. I'm just glad my car kept going through all the abuse.

I had a good time but it sure was an ugly race on my part. I started by miscalculated my qualifying fuel because of the different pit position. I realized after my second lap I didn't have enough for a third lap. Then I missed getting in a third lap on my second stint by seconds. I was hoping to get well into the 8:06's. I'm slow in the first sector, especially so on cold tires. I really needed to hold off Tommie until I got into the 3rd sector and I'd have been tough to keep up with then. It takes me two laps to get any real heat into the tires. It was lap 3 or 4 before I got the rears out of the deep blue. The fronts never made it during the race.

The Ferrari sure showed some strength today. I made pretty rough contact four times but the car kept going. After a spin I floored it thinking I was in 1st when I in neutral. I can't believe the engine took that after all the over revving from lousy shifting. The car did start over steering more after the first contact at Adenauer. That led to more screw ups. I got a wheel off going up the hill from Bergwerk while tailing Tristan that I thought was going to ruin the car. I finally started getting it together on the last two laps. If I 'd have had one more lap I'd have got another chance to catch Tristan.

I used to think of the Ring as ride in the country. It reminds me of some of the roads here at the southern end of the Appalachian mountains. But after all the chaos today, I might not see it that way again.

Thanks for the fun guys.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 12:54:55 PM +0000 »

Bobbie: I'm not PO'd.  The shock has worn off.  Smiley  I understand the nature of racing and that it can turn sour in a heartbeat.  No hard feelings, amigo.  I've responded to the incident report notification I received in my email inbox and have requested no action be taken.

I don't use Pribluda and the thought occurs that perhaps you didn't see me coming in your display since I'm not transmitting a Prib signal.  Is that possible?

I stepped away from the 'puter for a bit but came back late to watch the last lap.  Only four runners!  LOL!  I was watching Greg in his brilliant charge to catch Tristan and caught his off in the tricky leftie between Ex-Mühle and Bergwerk.  Shades of 1976!  This is precisely where Niki Lauda had his life-threatening shunt!

Doni

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 01:28:41 PM +0000 »

Experience has taught me that any race at Nurby is never won on the first lap, but that about 90% can be lost in the first half lap!!  Well it has always worked that way for me!!!  Roll Eyes

So for this race I decided on the wimpy strategy and made no attempt to do a fast quali time, being quite content to start at the back of the grid.  Even got that wrong, and manged to have 2 cars behind me!!  lol

As the flag dropped I allowed those cars to pass and cruised up to the back of the pack at T1.  I think Jethro got caught at T1 ....gained 1 place. Down the straight behind the pits to the sharp left hander ...2 cars on the grass...another 2 places gained  Cool

By the end of Lap 1 I was up to about 5th place, at the end of lap 2 I was showing as 2nd!!!! and I had not actually overtaken any cars. At that point I did have a train of 4 recovering cars behind me, but as far as I was concerned that was their problem, not mine  Wink.

Tris was very obviously keen to pass and I put up no resistance across the S/F line. Art and Greg were also on missions and when I screwed up, they rushed through and went on their way. I was able to tail them for a couple of laps but then a small "off" must have inflicted some suspension damage because cornering became a lottery. Sometimes it would enter a corner and  accelerate out sweetly, on random occasions it would either suffer from terminal understeer and refuse to turn in or snap into oversteer at even moderate speeds provoking a spin.
By now TvO had vanished and there were just 4 cars running, which made me last  Undecided. Each time I reeled AAA in and was getting within range to maybe steal 3rd place, the suspension gremlin chose his moment to jam his finger into the workings and spin me around.
It was so frustrating!!! lol  Anyway I backed off for the last lap just to be sure I made it to the flag for the satisfaction of completing the race in the Honda.

It could have been better, but might have been a whole lot worse!!

Grats to Tris who stormed back to the front after his early off and to Greg who kept up the pressure right to the line. I'm still miffed about not catching Arf, so I am finding it difficult to say "grats" to him...lol! But I guess I should.  Wink

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com