Quarterly cost: �0

March 29, 2024, 05:25:11 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S26His Spa: February 25, 2014
February 25, 2014, 10:41:35 PM +0000 - Spa (GPL) - UKGPL Season 26 (2014) Historic Trophy (66)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
MagicArsouille

Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 2 +0.396
---
1 49:08.670
---
14 3:28.687
---
Firestone  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
BRM P83 F1 1966 10 +4.700
---
2 +58.046
---
14 3:32.574
---
Goodyear  
Arf Arf Arf
 Team Baarf
Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 5 +2.005
---
3 +1:06.803
---
14 3:29.347
---
Firestone  
Phil Thornton
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 17 +9.032
---
4 +1:06.975
---
14 3:31.019
---
Firestone  
Rainier
 Black Night Racing
Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 12 +5.418
---
5 +1:28.909
---
14 3:33.060
---
Firestone  
Doni Yourth
 Blue Moose Racing
BRM P83 F1 1966 13 +5.939
---
6 (+1) +2:21.107
---
14 3:34.164
---
Goodyear  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Cooper T81 (Maserati) F1 1966 16 +8.766
---
7 +3:08.562
---
14 3:39.775
---
Firestone  
francesco
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 15 +8.299
---
8 (+1) +2L
---
12 3:35.987
---
Firestone  
Ronniepeterson

Brabham BT19 (Repco) F1 1966 11 +4.950
---
9 (+2) +4L
---
10 3:31.904
---
Goodyear  
Gareth

Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 10 +9L
---
5 3:35.767
---
Firestone  
Tom van Ostade
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 8 +3.924
---
11 +10L
---
4 3:32.087
---
Firestone  
maddog
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 14 +6.874
---
12 +37.230
---
4 3:38.385
---
Firestone  
BadBlood
 Blue Moose Racing
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1966) F1 1966 18 +17.415
---
13 +11L
---
3 3:46.281
---
Goodyear  
Cookie
 Antipasti Racing
Lotus 43 (BRM) F1 1966 7 +3.036
---
14 +12L
---
2 3:31.998
---
Firestone  
DLogan

Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 3 +1.714
---
15 (+2) +14L
---
0 ---
---
Firestone  
Turkey Machine
 HikiWazaRacing
Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 4 +1.834
---
---
0 ---
---
Firestone  
GregT

Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 6 +2.263
---
---
0 ---
---
Firestone  
AnGex
 Black Night Racing
Cooper T81 (Maserati) F1 1966 9 +4.542
---
---
0 ---
---
Firestone  
MagicArsouille

Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 1 3:27.625
---
19 DNS ---
---
Firestone  
2 UKGPL_T7

Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 20 ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

Lot of incidents during this race.
And so, lot of works for me.
Hopefully, I receive some great helps from other moderators.

Server replay time: 0h01m23s

Several cars implied in an accident after 1min23s.

At the origin was G Taber who loose control and spun ...

Drivers more or less impacted by this accident was : G. Taber of course, then Evil Clive, Gareth Hall, Andreas Gebhardt, Rainier, Fran Molteni, Bernie Darwin and Paul Whitfield.

some rear ends could have been avoided if racers were more cautious but no particular responsibility

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h01m56s

Still on red zone, side by side contact between Arf Arf Arf and Tristan :
Arf does move towards the centre but so does Tristan. The overhead view shows that the contact occurred in the middle of the track. In a situation like this both drivers had some responsibility for the incident. Arf for not leaving enough room but also Tristan who was attempting a very difficult pass.

Advice to both drivers :
- Arf to remain on his own side of the track when under attack and slow down if necessary in order to maintain control under pressure.
- Tristan for trying to barge his way through the traffic at the earliest opportunity when a more prudent approach would be safer i.e. waiting for an easy passing place.

Server replay time: 0h03m01s

Gareth spun at the exit of MASTA and there was no possibility for G. Taber to avoid the collision.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h03m50s

Blatant Rear End Shunt made by Dean Logan, victime was Jethro Walters

Server replay time: 0h08m37s

Francesco was changing his line at the approach of a turn
But Martin had already started to overtake him ...and contact was made.

Server replay time: 0h10m32s

Axel started to turn-in when he was rear ended by Ronnie.

Ronnie had about 5% overlap. So Ronnie's fault : Simple Ambitious Overtake (Scenario 1): Penalty 1 Place
(The overtaking car had NOT achieved a 50% or greater overlap at the point of turn-in. There was no loss of control by either driver. Penalty for overtaking driver.)

Server replay time: 0h15m35s

Ronnie rear ended Tom V.Ostade
Similar to the incident with Axel but worse.

Tom had started to turn on long before Ronnie got along side. Very Ambitious Overtake: Penalty 2 Places reduced to 1 place because Tom had very partially lost control

Server replay time: 0h45m00s

On lap 13, Side by side contact between Doni and Francesco

Doni was coming from behind Francesco and could not keep his line ...he should have slower to avoid the contact.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 26 (2014) Historic Trophy (66) - Spa - Feb 25  (Read 5680 times)
Rainier
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2014, 07:45:47 PM +0000 »

The 4th round of the season 26 Historics championship (mod66) will be in Belgium at SPA.

The full time drivers can start to practice as soon as the server is available.  Reserve drivers can also join as soon as the server becomes available but must leave the server with 35 minutes of qualifying left, for a total of 5 minutes; this will allow any remaining full timers to join.  If there is enough space on the grid, the reserve drivers will be able to rejoin when there are 30 mins of qualifying left.  

Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

The race will be run under PRO rules so no resets are allowed.

For THIS RACE, 3 liters car must be selected

All drivers have free choice (3 liters cars only).  

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL_T7_2
IP address = 62.149.202.168
Race date = Tuesday 25-02-2014
Time = 21:00 UK time (21:00 GMT)
TrackSpa  papyrus
Race length = 14 laps
Variant = 1966
Damage Model = Pro
Qualifying time = minimum of 30 minutes

Password see above
Replay will be here

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Full moderation of lap one red zone :
For this event the red zone will be from the start to exit of MASTA. Other moderation will be on reported incidents only.  However any incidents that occur in the red zone that are not reported by the drivers will be reported by the moderator.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 10:38:37 AM +0000 by Rainier » Logged

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 09:42:09 PM +0000 »

Sorry, JW.  Embarrassed

You were a lot slower than I expected into Blanchimont, tried to scrub the speed but couldn't. Sad
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 09:46:58 PM +0000 »

No worse the wear for a good race setup, which ironically gave me my best time on the grid nearly two seconds slower than Tristan's pole time in either car number! Now what was it about joining in another car...... Wink

Not all too bothered by the contact Dean, I was trying to be cautious throughout the lap but aggressive where I knew I could be. Malmedy and Masta both clicked (as you found out) and Stavelot wasn't too far off good, but I knew Blanchimont would need some slow-down as I had some major incidents there in practice. As it happened, this time wouldn't be so good, even though I landed right-way up I couldn't get back on the tarmac.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 09:51:00 PM +0000 »

As soon as Gareth got near me the judder was just awful. Vitually undriveable and I crashed while trying to leave him room.

T7 is a problem Sad

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 09:54:43 PM +0000 »

As soon as Gareth got near me the judder was just awful. Vitually undriveable and I crashed while trying to leave him room.

T7 is a problem Sad

I thought that with #8 after the Zolder 65 race but my experience has improved a lot lately on all servers so it's probably something local.

Can T7 shed some numbers on the last two races we've run on that server as to possibly why you're having issues?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 09:58:38 PM +0000 »

That was pretty lousy on my part. I think it was Ray in front of me. He had to slow more than I was expecting. Too much brake and I lifted off the throttle too quickly which sent me into a spin. I apologize to whoever I collected. I made the opposite mistake exiting the Kink. I didn't lift enough or brake. I think it was Paul in front of me then. I thought he was going to spin across to the inside of the track so I ended up nailing him when I tried to go left thus ripping my wheel off. My apologies.

It was fun while it lasted.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 10:27:18 PM +0000 »

Quite a few accidents to avoid and negotiate but after the carnage had settled on the first few laps I found myself in what should have been a nice race long dice with Axl and Tom. Alas it was not to be. I think I surprised Axl when he found me down his inside and for certain I could not slow enough to avoid a bump with Tom a bit later, my fault. Race over for both of you, sorry and please report it if you feel aggrieved. Stuck in a lonely second I got disconnected with 3 or 4 laps to go but I'm not sure if it was T_7's fault? Good luck to all still running.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:45:19 PM +0000 by Ronniepeterson » Logged
Arf Arf Arf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 10:52:26 PM +0000 »

Another night of mixed emotions... Despite non-stop connection issues during qually, which limited me to just a couple of fast laps, I managed to get FOURTH on the grid (how did Tristan manage to get P1 and P2??). Tristan span his wheels leaving the s/f line and myself, Dean and Jethro got past him. I was trying to keep things safe during the first lap, and tried not to be aggresive. Coming down the hill for the first time I could maybe have challenged the two in front of me, but hung back when I got a slightly better line through Burnenville, but thought it was too easy to cause a crash. Tris wasn't thinking the same thing, and came up beside me - not something I'd have done, but Tris should know what he's doing.. Anyway, I tried to make sure that I didn't brake badly and take him out......and broke badly and took him out. I am sorry Tris, and I'm glad we both got out of there (to get P1 and P3...)...but still think it was a bit dodgy on the first lap - what's your view?

Anyway, that left me wayyyyy back, and if it wasn't for random moments of carnage (? Discos?) ahead of me, I'd have been out of it. However, there were so many little red flashes at the top of the screen to say someone else had disconnected, that I gradually thought something special was possible... I made it difficult for myself by spinning, one of them costing me 20/30 secs as I got stuck in Blanchimont for a bit. However, I eventually settled down into something approaching a rythym. I thought the summit of my possibilities was to catch Fran and Dave R, and was happy to get them. I was very pleasantly surprised to see Phil appear in teh distance with about 9 laps to go...could I?? I don't know if Phil was affected by an off, but I managed to chase him down, and pass on the penultimate lap. Very tense and exciting final few miles as we struggled to keep it smooth. Phil nearly got me with braver-than-me braking at the last hairpin, but I was able to get over the line 0.17 secs ahead - great racing Phil!

Arf
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 11:07:47 PM +0000 »

I was very pleasantly surprised to see Phil appear in teh distance with about 9 laps to go...could I?? I don't know if Phil was affected by an off, but I managed to chase him down, and pass on the penultimate lap. Very tense and exciting final few miles as we struggled to keep it smooth. Phil nearly got me with braver-than-me braking at the last hairpin, but I was able to get over the line 0.17 secs ahead - great racing Phil!

Arf

No off by me Arf.  I had a bit of a spin trying to keep Clive at bay but after that my race was clean.  I saw you catching me on Prib and I was worried you would get me towards the end, particularly when the slipstream came into affect.  Sure enough you caught me with 2 laps to go.  You came by and I managed to hang on in the slipstream on the last lap but I just couldn't get close enough to make an attempt at a clean pass.  On the last corner I couldn't manage a pass on the brakes so I tried for a cleaner exit.  Managed to get close but not close enough Cheesy.  Nice racing Arf, you deserved the place.

Enjoyed our little battle Clive but as ever you were just too quick.  If I hadn't overcooked it I might have been able to keep up with you with the slipstream but I reckon you would have been very hard to beat into the last corner on the last lap  2guns
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 08:32:57 AM +0000 »

It was fun whilst it lasted Phil and I was genuinely sorry when you overcooked it. Those darned Fezzas had so much straight line speed that I could only travel at that pace by slipstreaming, so I had geared the BRM to do exactly that. It looked good on the grid with a whole host of red tow trucks ahead for me to choose from.
 I'm not sure who it was who spun at the top of the hill lap 1, but I got clipped and half spun which meant that I dropped back too far from the leading Ferrari fest to have any chance ...I thought. But on each lap another car or two dropped out and slowly I moved up the leader board. A couple of laps trying to find a way past Martin's Fezza was interesting, to say the least and strangely for him no sign of warp!! This allowed Phil to drag himself into a 3 way scrap and use the pace of the Fez . Martin eventually made a mistake and dropped back and I just waited for Phil's inevitable pass. There was no point in contesting it he had a good 10kph on me down the straight, so I let him pass and tucked in behind.
Suddenly the gearing on my car worked and it was easy to follow Phil, even backing off to avoid his gearbox and definitely quicker out of most corners. It looked like we might be fighting this out right to the flag so I tried a few moves to see where I might make a pass stick on the last lap  Wink One of these was on the run up the hill to Blanchimont where I drew alongside Phil on his outside, but I backed off well before the corner not wanting to risk anything quite that early in the race, but I'm not sure that you realised Phil?? Phil stuck to the inside and  could not quite hold the red thing on the tarmac, running up the grass bank on the outside whilst I sailed serenely through and pressed on to stretch a 500mtr lead as quickly as I could.
With about 8 laps still to go I was concerned that Phil would be able to pull himself back, but i was able to gradually stretch the advantage. Then Art dropped out and I inherited 2nd spot. Tristan was way in front and barring a big mistake or mechanical failure I was never going to catch him, so 2nd was good and better than I expected.

Grats to Tris and all finishers and a great last minute effort by Phil to try and take Arf on the line, another 20 mtrs and who knows???

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 10:28:13 AM +0000 »

Not much of a race for me , more like a nice drive through the country lanes . I chose the Cooper because though slow here I thought it would be rock steady and was determined to be in at the finish .
Unfortunately I found it was slower than a slow thing on a track where I am usually pretty quick driving the 67's .

I find it very difficult to set these cars up, especially the gearbox , the default set up doesnt do it for me , amongst other things the spring rates seem to be much to stiff . There is a difference between set up for solo run and one being towed and I wasn't at all sure in qually what to do as following the fezzas down Masta my car was bouncing its pistons off the valve springs , not the best thing if you want to finish a pro race.

In the end I played around too much with gears and suspension and started the race with some silly ratios , 2nd gear was so long i was losing 2-3 seconds a lap coming out of la Source hairpin to the start finish line as it was right off the cam and the same for the other slow left hander at radion ? though not as bad .

The only excitement I had was when some chappy in his red thing caught me up coming out of Masta got in my tow then came hurtling past Banzi style into Stavalot at a great rate of knots and promptly flew off into the boondocks  , thanks whoever for the entertainment !

Well done to the podium boys and a special well done to Phil starting from such a low grid spot and getting to be P4 at the end .

at least I finished with the same number of teeth I started with  Smiley
MagicArsouille

.... ladies and gentlemen..... start your engine

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 10:35:25 AM +0000 »

hi Smiley

...."(how did Tristan manage to get P1 and P2??)."......in qualif, I had suddenly a bad strange noise juste after living pits.....horrible !....so I go out of game and came back, that's why I got 2 times on the grid Wink.....
...after the PP, I take a bad start but still confident whith the vues of my qualif time ( I was expecting more opposition !  Huh )

...."Tris wasn't thinking the same thing, and came up beside me - not something I'd have done, but Tris should know what he's doing.. Anyway, I tried to make sure that I didn't brake badly and take him out......and broke badly and took him out. I am sorry Tris, and I'm glad we both got out of there (to get P1 and P3...)...but still think it was a bit dodgy on the first lap - what's your view?"......
....... you right ARFx3, it was a little bit dodgy, and after thinking of this action I guess Iwill wait for the straight line next time Wink.... but I see you a little bit large and there was room enought for me in the inside , I was first thinking you let me the room to pass but when the time to brake come , I understand that it was not the case :/.....   happyly we can finish but it's a classic case , if you are overtaking before a bracking zone, you need to brake early, 'cause of the split stream who don't help for the brakes .... Undecided

.....after that and the accident between the 2 leaders I had a lonely race.....and the 3-4 last laps was a little hard 'cause I was feeling sleepy Tongue.....

thx all c u in Anderstorp in 2 l .....
garethhall
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 10:42:29 AM +0000 »

The only excitement I had was when some chappy in his red thing caught me up coming out of Masta got in my tow then came hurtling past Banzi style into Stavalot at a great rate of knots and promptly flew off into the boondocks  , thanks whoever for the entertainment !

Guilty  Roll Eyes
I had, what Rob F would call, 'a brain fart'.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:47:17 AM +0000 by Gareth » Logged
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 12:47:30 PM +0000 »

Ferrari mania raged at Spa, where everyone saw red, and much of it during the opening lap.  No surprise, as there have been a lot of cars littering tracks, during opening laps lately.  It's been a bit like jumping off into the Olympics, where things quickly turn into a slalom, or else go rapidly downhill!

It's not a favorite track, and rather a surprise to emerge through others contortions, to lead the 2nd group early on.  My smokescreen managed to withhold ye persuers for a lap or 2, but an inevitable slip, allowed an enterprising red Demon to come alongside, and bounce me from the track.

With the opportunity to mix it with the fast crowd gone, I lost focus and came to some harm, when a wheel came to some Armco. Angry
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 02:22:56 PM +0000 »

"brain fart "  pure class !  Grin
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com