Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 02:00:14 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: install path for patches  (Read 1207 times)
wheel gone kid

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2014, 04:01:08 PM +0000 »

hi guys, just installed gtr 2 got the physics patch....can anyone tell me what path to specify when installing...main game dir or gamedata dir? and will this be the same with the sound and skins patch also...thanks  Smiley
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 04:53:15 PM +0000 »

Main game directory - the one with gtr2.exe. You can always 'install' them into a empty directory first to look at the structure.

The installers will normally guess the appropriate directory themselves, at least if GTR2 was installed from CD, as they look up the registry key its installer writes.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
wheel gone kid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 05:22:37 PM +0000 »

right ok....put the physics patch in main dir, also put sound patch and car skins....just downloaded gt1 patch and its telling me that "physics patch is not installed continue anyway, you can always install physics patch later" how can i tell if the physics patch has applied? is there something in game that will confirm...sorry for being a pain.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 07:02:37 AM +0000 »

Sounds like you haven't installed them to the same place, or something else is different about your installation or system (I've never tried any of the installers under Windows 8, for example).

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com