The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 07:00:13 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forums hacked  (Read 11938 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: April 17, 2014, 09:56:41 PM +0100 »

Unfortunately, our SMF forum was subject to a hacking attack a couple of days ago which ultimately resulted in the site being turned off whilst the forum software was reinstalled. Fortunately the database appears to be intact but obviously the forums have been down for something like 24 hours.

Communication from Arvixe has been nonexistant, despite raising a ticket this morning and following up twice. Sad

Fingers crossed that we won't have a repeat occurrence, but I strongly suggest that you change your forum password, and that if you use the same combination of login and password anywhere else you consider them to be compromised and change them.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 10:20:15 PM +0100 »

I know what a time and effort it is to run these things, thanks for sorting things out so quickly such that we can all race and chat again.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 11:39:04 PM +0100 »

I still don't know why people would do that, what's the gain? Huh
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 09:34:27 AM +0100 »

Thanks to all involved for all your work concerning reinstalling all things needed
to keep this wonderful site running  Smiley

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Prof
Race Court Chief Whip
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 10:08:33 AM +0100 »

I know what a time and effort it is to run these things, thanks for sorting things out so quickly such that we can all race and chat again.

Second that. Thanks Dave and anyone else involved. I visit frequently even though my opportunities to race are limited again atm.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 11:11:22 AM +0100 »

Wow, it's not until it's gone that you fully realise how much a part of your online life this forum is. Good job Dave.

Is it worth considering changing to another host? The service has been pretty poor for the past couple of weeks. I have no idea how difficult it would be to change so I am talking under the immunity of ignorance.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 11:37:31 AM +0100 »

Wow, it's not until it's gone that you fully realise how much a part of your online life this forum is. Good job Dave.

Is it worth considering changing to another host? The service has been pretty poor for the past couple of weeks. I have no idea how difficult it would be to change so I am talking under the immunity of ignorance.

I've also noticed the site has been very temperamental recently.

Thanks as ever for all the work that has gone on behind the scenes to sort this out. On a side note, is there any way I can get rid of all the lobby names listed in my profile? The problems with re-registering GTL and GTR2 usernames means they have stacked up over the years.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Tom van Ostade

"anything can happen, and it usually does"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 12:56:51 PM +0100 »

Many thanks to all involved for getting everything up and running again in such short notice!

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 05:01:07 PM +0100 »

Thanks Dave, and everybody that keeps this place up behind the scenes. Smiley

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 07:35:37 PM +0100 »

Don't know if it's relevant but my email account was compromised.  Apologies to any member who has had a strange email message from me.  Account now sorted!!

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 11:44:50 AM +0100 »

nice to see it back up and running I know i'm pretty inactive these days, but I still check here at least once a day, how long has this site been going for now, feels like years! Smiley

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 01:04:48 PM +0100 »

Don't know if it's relevant but my email account was compromised.  Apologies to any member who has had a strange email message from me.  Account now sorted!!

oops  Did get a strange link from you Bill. I'll spare your blushes by not revealing all tho  Wink

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 03:31:31 PM +0100 »

oops  Did get a strange link from you Bill. I'll spare your blushes by not revealing all tho  Wink

Thanks.  Wink Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com