Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 09:27:35 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • TPG Euro Series: March 06, 2006
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: TPG Euro GTR Series starting Monday nights  (Read 17890 times)
Haiku

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2006, 02:52:22 PM +0000 »

Hello,

I represent TPG Racing, an American based GTR League.  We are starting our first season in Early March, 2006.  I was approached by one of your members and asked if I could add a Euro division on Mondays for UKGTR drivers, since you race on Tuesdays.  In response, I've created a racing series for the Euro audience that will run on Mondays at 9pm GMT.  I will set the config similar to your own GTR series configs so this will be an opportunity to get a race/prac in before your own league race on Tuesdays.

If you're interested in signing up, please visit:

http://racing.tpgleague.org

Regards,

Haiku
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 09:07:00 PM +0000 by Dave Gymer » Logged

[This space for rent]
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 08:13:48 PM +0000 »

Hi Haiku,
           Welcome! Just visited your site and noticed on there that you "currently" have the server set to sim mode with aids, here at SimRacing.org.uk we only ever use sim mode, with the only allowable aid being automatic clutch. Hopefully this will not cause any problems will it?
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 10:11:33 PM +0000 »

Is the 4pm start time GMT?

Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 12:01:31 AM +0000 »

Yes I know about the config, that is the default config that came with the box, it's not the one which will be used for races.  I'm working on the server configs today, testing and adjusting them.  I can sorta figure out mostly what your config is from reading your rules, but it would help if someone could actually provide me snippets of the dedicatedserver.ini file for your Sprint series.  That would help me to mirror the race series so it would be more useful for you here.

[This space for rent]
Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 12:04:30 AM +0000 »

No all the times on the racing webpage are EST (-5 GMT).  In my infinate wisdom when I coded the website I totally looked over the fact that I could have people from different continents visiting and using the webpage, so I didn't think to put in any time zone references.  So for the Euro Championship, the intent was to run it at 4pm EST or 9pm GMT.

Off the subject, but your sprint races are 40 minutes long correct?

[This space for rent]
Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 12:12:53 AM +0000 »

Now that I'm really thinking of all this, you have to pardon me if my knowledge of GTR comes off as pretty shallow.  I've been running an online league going on 4 years but it's been for first person shooter games (e.g. "Day of Defeat" which happens to have a large European following), and I'm still pretty new to car sims although I'm learning fast.  Obviously GTR is not as popular in the United States as it is in Europe, and it would really be nice to have a good European Championship for TPG Racing as I see it as an opportunity to showcase GTR to Americans and really show them some good driving and exciting racing by Europeans.

It's long been understood that Europeans are better at Counter-Strike and I would say they are probably better at Day of Defeat.  No question that Europeans own GTR and I think while TPG racing can build a respectable American following, it would still be the minors compared to having a good bunch of Europeans playing.

The administrative staff of TPG prides itself on customer service and providing a fun and rewarding gaming enviornment.  The emphasis is always on fairness and respect and we treat the people playing in our leagues like paying customers (even though we do not charge any kind of fees).  We're all volunteers running the organization and we do it because we have a passion for it.

[This space for rent]
Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 02:03:56 AM +0000 »

Not trying to sweeten the pot but we had planned on offering some token merchandice items from our online store for series winners and such.  We are probably going to make a nice custom T-Shirt with a TPG Racing logo and watermark on the back that we'll give away.

[This space for rent]
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 02:17:47 AM +0000 »

No all the times on the racing webpage are EST (-5 GMT).  In my infinate wisdom when I coded the website I totally looked over the fact that I could have people from different continents visiting and using the webpage, so I didn't think to put in any time zone references.  So for the Euro Championship, the intent was to run it at 4pm EST or 9pm GMT.

Off the subject, but your sprint races are 40 minutes long correct?

9pm sounds good  Smiley

The season 1 sprint's were 30 mins long and now(season 2) are 40 mins, yes

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 08:31:33 AM +0000 »

if someone could actually provide me snippets of the dedicatedserver.ini file for your Sprint series

Files emailed, but what I forgot to say is we still run GTR 1.4 so we set session lengths from the dedicated server gui.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 11:56:57 AM +0000 »

Could be interesting, thanks for the offer Haiku.

Any other uKGTR's intending to race over the virtual pond?

Will there be American online racers competing in the euro races too ?

I can now get lapped by JonM on two continents  Grin Wink

Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 12:08:51 PM +0000 »

Count me in, just can't have enough online competition  Grin
Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 01:03:31 PM +0000 »

Well 9pm GMT is 4pm EST here where I live in the Midwest USA, or 1pm PST (California) so it's gonna be kinda early.  I suspect that most GTR people are a little older and have jobs, unlike the first person shooter crowd which is mostly kids.  I am home by 4pm EST but I'll have to put some serious work into GTR to compete effectlively at the level you all are at (I'm more a semi-pro driver).

The way I see it is having a weekend race occassionally at a time that will work for the Americans and the Euros.

Our server runs as "TPG series name":

69.28.242.212:34315
pass -> tpg

It's at a professional colocation facilty in New York City and hopefully that will provide you all with a minimally acceptable ping.

How far ahead timewise are the swed/german types?  I would spend some time trolling their league websites if the time zone issue isn't a significant problem.

[This space for rent]
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 01:17:48 PM +0000 »

The way I see it is having a weekend race occassionally at a time that will work for the Americans and the Euros.
I'd definitely be interested on that basis- I haven't the time for another full-on series.

Generally, the European countries you'd be interested in Haiku would be 1 or 2 hours ahead of us at GMT.

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 01:57:16 PM +0000 »

Sounds good as long as it's ok ping wise Cheesy!
GTR network isn't as good as FPS games. But I've played against aussies on GTL lately and it's possible, so I guess we'll have to see!

Winning goodies would be nice, although of course all winning Penguins are required to hand them over at all possible speed to their 'team manager'! Cheesy Grin Wink

Cool

T
whitham69

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 08:46:09 PM +0000 »

Anyone ever raced any of the ssgt league members? i see alot have signed up hope there not that fast! I was hoping for a win  Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com