Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 07:03:01 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U19 Austin: May 11, 2014
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Season 19 - Austin - May 11  (Read 3083 times)
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2014, 01:40:40 PM +0100 »

TEST RACE

All member welcome

Practice:  20:00 BST (15 mins)
Qual 2:    20:15 BST (15 mins)
Race:      20:30 BST (~30 mins)

Cars allowed: Any GTC from the UKGTR car pack v2.16.0.0
Track: Austin Circuit 0.6
Race Start Time: 14:00

Weather: Dry

Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit Stops: You must make a minimum of one pit stop during which you must take on at least 1 litre of fuel and/or change at least two tyres. You cannot take a mandatory stop at the end of the pace lap, or with less than 1 lap to go. -
NOTE: Pit stop required for testing purposes.

Password: see above

Notes:
(1) Please make sure you are fully aware of the UKGTR Rules - especially the speed limiter starting procedure and the rules about in-game chat messages.
(2) You will not be able to join the server without the car physics pack and track (see links above).
(3) Drivers are reminded that they must select ISDN as their bandwidth, otherwise the stability of everyone's connection will be reduced.
(4) Please use the Driver Details page to ensure that the league management software has your correct GTR2 'Driving Name' (not necessarily the same as your lobby name).

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 01:45:28 PM +0100 »

This race is to test the track.

Please report back with any issues in this thread.

We need to make sure that the track is suitable for using in a championship race.

So far it looks good to me. It appears to be missing some track side detail, I guess that is why it is still considered to be in beta stage. Other than that I have had no issues with it myself.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 09:27:39 AM +0100 »

- concrete kerbs are grass, really  Roll Eyes
- rear mirror sometimes displays water
- no sound in pits when you set the repairs, fuel, tyres, etc. during race

Fast corners, opening, closing - should be an interesting race.  Wink
Providing there's enough drivers, of course. Undecided        
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 08:05:03 PM +0100 »

Why oh why are we setting the server at 8:00 ? We practice on server then have to stop for it to become an official race server... Why can't we have it set at 7:30 and be done with it, so we can train until the race?  Hit with a wet fish
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 09:12:57 PM +0100 »

Haha, the pitstop. Put in red next time, H@l.  Cheesy
Sorry Pete, your win.  Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 09:21:58 PM +0100 »

I wouldn't have won, made too many silly mistakes after the stop trying to get the fastest lap Wink I did, but being a fun race it won't last :'(

At first I wasn't sure about the track but after a couple of laps and you get the flow, especially in the 1st sector, it's quite good fun. Few things to improve, like seeing sky for track in the rear view mirror and some more clutter to jazz it up would be nice.

nsfast

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 09:28:29 PM +0100 »

Sorry about missing the pitstop tonight.

I like the first half of the track but not too keen on the long corners in the second part. Although maybe that's because I'm not good at them.

Overall seems a decent track for next season.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 09:36:01 PM +0100 »

I didn't read the post properly either and didn't realise we had to do a pitstop.

Like picnic says, the first section of the track flows well and you can really attack it.

H@L, are you planning on testing any other new tracks such as Moscow Ring or Slovakia ring (which is being raced on in real life today in the WTCC)?
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 07:39:31 AM +0100 »

or Slovakia ring (which is being raced on in real life today in the WTCC)?

Or sort of isn't as it rained too hard  Shocked

H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 03:30:58 PM +0100 »

RESULTS AND REPLAY NOW UPLOADED

H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 03:40:42 PM +0100 »

I should have done more to bring people attention to the pit stop requirement. Sorry about that.

This track could be really good if the authors do a little more work on it. In its current form I found it a fun track to drive on but a little tricky to get the lines in some corners. It still seems good for racing to me as the issues were mainly cosmetic. Apart from maybe the red strips/kerbs being grass.

H@L, are you planning on testing any other new tracks such as Moscow Ring or Slovakia ring (which is being raced on in real life today in the WTCC)?

I will look into those 2 tracks. I have had a look to see what other tracks are out there but nothing has really caught my attention so far.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com