Quarterly cost: �0

April 19, 2024, 06:00:37 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S2667F2 Anderstorp: May 11, 2014
May 11, 2014, 10:37:12 PM +0100 - Anderstorp (GP) - UKGPL Season 26 (2014) Formula Two Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Brabham BT23 GPL F2 2 +0.274
---
1 37:40.736
---
23 1:36.327
---
Goodyear  
Cookie
 Antipasti Racing
McLaren M4A GPL F2 5 +1.409
---
2 +29.365
---
23 1:37.953
---
Goodyear  
DLogan

Matra MS7 GPL F2 1 1:36.959
---
3 +30.440
---
23 1:36.303
---
Dunlop  
Marco Mercaldo
 Squadra Padova Corse
Matra MS7 GPL F2 3 +0.757
---
4 +49.569
---
23 1:37.668
---
Dunlop  
Arf Arf Arf
 Team Baarf
Matra MS7 GPL F2 4 +0.884
---
5 +1:08.430
---
23 1:38.348
---
Dunlop  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT23 GPL F2 7 +3.549
---
6 +1:23.063
---
23 1:39.136
---
Goodyear  
Doni Yourth
 Blue Moose Racing
Brabham BT23 GPL F2 6 +1.848
---
7 +1L
---
22 1:38.037
---
Goodyear  
BadBlood
 Blue Moose Racing
Lotus 48 GPL F2 8 +10.161
---
8 +16L
---
7 1:43.196
---
Disco
Firestone  
UKGPL 8

Lola T100 (FVA) GPL F2 9 9 DNS ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

Tight grid. Apologies that we did set a loose one. Caused a few problems off the line. Lots of lag in this race as well. All I can say is that drivers need to be super cautious and make WIDE passes when the connection is so laggy.

Server replay time: 0h00m46s

Jethro is slow to react to the flag and Arf is caught out and stops. Doni makes strenuous efforts to avoid Arf but fails. The grid was too tight in hindsight on a narrow circuit.

Server replay time: 0h00m49s

Bernie appears to rear end Bill off the line. Hard to tell as both cars are invisible at the time. Tight grid. Massive lag. Drivers can't be blamed for this one.

Server replay time: 0h04m22s

Big Warp incident with Jethro. Unfortunate.

Server replay time: 0h39m13s

Rainier is slow as his fuel runs out. Arf makes the pass and David appears to steer into him. David does not turn his wheel and indeed turns left as his car rotates. I can only conclude that there was a brush of crash boxes that turned Davids car.

Won't please Arf but I think this is just unlucky.

May 11, 2014, 10:37:12 PM +0100 - Anderstorp (GP) - UKGPL Season 26 (2014) Formula Two Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Roberto Teso
 Squadra Padova Corse
Matra MS7 GPL F2 2 +0.189
93.235mph
1 37:25.495
92.100mph
23 1:36.634
93.049mph
Dunlop  
Piero Mercaldo
 Squadra Padova Corse
Matra MS7 GPL F2 3 +0.554
92.883mph
2 +15.501
91.468mph
23 1:37.000
92.698mph
Dunlop  
Robert Fleurke
 Antipasti Racing
Lola T100 (FVA) GPL F2 1 1:36.253
93.418mph
3 +21.190
91.239mph
23 1:36.205
93.464mph
Firestone  
Ronniepeterson

Lola T100 (FVA) GPL F2 4 +0.712
92.732mph
4 +24.756
91.095mph
23 1:36.932
92.763mph
Firestone  
Turkey Machine
 HikiWazaRacing
Matra MS7 GPL F2 5 +1.132
92.332mph
5 +1:11.243
89.268mph
23 1:37.535
92.190mph
Dunlop  
Rainier
 Black Night Racing
Cooper T84 GPL F2 7 +3.455
90.181mph
6 +1:20.323
88.919mph
23 1:38.402
91.377mph
Dunlop  
Phil Thornton
 Antipasti Racing
Matra MS7 GPL F2 6 +3.442
90.192mph
7 +1:35.768
88.333mph
23 1:38.414
91.366mph
Dunlop  
dave curtis
 Black Night Racing
Matra MS7 GPL F2 8 +4.597
89.159mph
8 +1:39.210
88.203mph
23 1:38.658
91.140mph
Dunlop  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Matra MS7 GPL F2 9 +5.083
88.732mph
9 +12L
83.537mph
11 1:41.582
88.517mph
Disco
Dunlop  
UKGPL 8

Lola T100 (FVA) GPL F2 10 10 DNS ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

Tight grid. 'Nuff said.

Server replay time: 0h00m46s

Jethro is slow to react to the flag and Arf is caught out and stops. Doni makes strenuous efforts to avoid Arf but fails. The grid was too tight in hindsight on a narrow circuit.

Server replay time: 0h00m49s

Bernie appears to rear end Bill off the line. Hard to tell as both cars are invisible at the time. Tight grid. Massive lag. Drivers can't be blamed for this one.

Server replay time: 0h04m22s

Big Warp incident with Jethro. Unfortunate.

Server replay time: 0h39m13s

Rainier is slow as his fuel runs out. Arf makes the pass and David appears to steer into him. David does not turn his wheel and indeed turns left as his car rotates. I can only conclude that there was a brush of crash boxes that turned Davids car.

Won't please Arf but I think this is just unlucky.

SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Grand Prix Legends
GPL F2
1:36.253
---
Robert Fleurke
Qualifying
Lola T100 (FVA)May 11, 2014, 10:37:12 PM +0100
S2667F2
Grand Prix Legends
GPL F2
1:36.205
---
Robert Fleurke
Race
Lola T100 (FVA)May 11, 2014, 10:37:12 PM +0100
S2667F2
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 26 (2014) Formula Two Trophy - Anderstorp - May 11  (Read 10842 times)
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2014, 11:50:30 PM +0100 »

THIS POST IS FOR BOTH GRIDS
Round 8 of the Formula 2 series will take place at Anderstorp, also known as the Scandinavian Raceway. The track was built on marshlands in 1968 and became an extremely popular venue in the 1970s, just as Swede Ronnie Peterson was at the height of his career. It had a long straight (called Flight Straight, which was also used as an aircraft runway), as well as several banked corners, making car setup an engineering compromise. Unusually, the pit lane was located halfway round the lap.
The raceway hosted six Formula One Swedish Grand Prix events in the '70s. When Peterson and Gunnar Nilsson died during the 1978 Formula One season, public support for the event dried up and the Swedish Grand Prix came to an end. The circuit is also noteworthy because it was the site of the first and only win of two unconventional F1 cars: the six-wheeled Tyrrell P34 car in 1976 and the infamous Brabham 'fan car' in 1978.

We will maintain the Grid A & Grid B arrangement but both groups will race together on UKGPL8.

Drivers have been allocated to the grids as below
Group A
Arf, Cookie, Dean Logan, Doni Yourth, Evil, Greg T, Marco, Natan, Fulvio, Badblood, Billy, Boggy, Il Lupo & Newblood.
RACE ON UKGPL3

Group B
Phil Thornton, Piero Mercaldo, Rainier, Raoni, Robert Fleurke, Roberto Teso, Ronnie, Samb, Turkey Machine, Iestyn, Dave Curtis, Rog, Maddog, Bernie & Walter
RACE ON UKGPL_T7

ONE reset is allowed but the Shift R must be followed by a Stop & Go in the pit lane within TWO laps. If you Reset on the last lap a 15 second time penalty will be awarded. Drivers must complete 50% of the race distance to score.

Due to the mixed grid handicaps are suspended for this race.

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL8
IP = See IGOR for race list.
Race date = 11 May2014
Time = 21:00 UK time (21:00 GMT)
Track =Anderstorp, graphics update availablehere
Race length = 23 Laps
Variant = 1967 Formula 2
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qualifying time = max. 30 minutes
Password: see above
Replays available here

GPL F2 Mod: The initial release of the F2 mod will be used. The mod can be found here

The Driver list, Championship Table and series rules can be found here: Formula Two Trophy

Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Moderating The red zone will be fully moderated, the red zone will be from the start to pit lane entrance. Other moderation will be on reported incidents only or at the Moderators discretion
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 11:57:36 PM +0100 by Billy Nobrakes » Logged

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 02:58:28 PM +0100 »

Billy, I was thinking of joining this (as long as I'm back in time) but it looks like the grid will be pretty full with the grids combined, is it worth me registering or wait until next season? I certainly don't want to use a slot that's needed by another driver already involved in the series.

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 04:31:32 PM +0100 »

Billy, I was thinking of joining this (as long as I'm back in time) but it looks like the grid will be pretty full with the grids combined, is it worth me registering or wait until next season? I certainly don't want to use a slot that's needed by another driver already involved in the series.
Steve,
First - welcome back to UKGPL.
Managing the grids & servers for this series has been very difficult this season. Best advice I can give is to register & see if there is a free slot. (Doesn't matter if you register Heavy or Light - I will allocate you to either Grid A or B). If we get a full house at Anderstorp then I will try & arrange the last races on two grids - subject to availability of servers.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 08:40:18 AM +0100 »

Thanks Billy. I'll see if I can get back first, in time to at least get a few laps practise as I'm out for most of the day. I don't want to turn up 'cold' and risk messing up anyone's race.

Maybe catch you later.

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 08:09:47 PM +0100 »

Nice to see Steve back on the forum.  Hope that you can make the show, bud!

BTW, the forum pages are loading MUCH, MUCH BETTER the last couple of days.  Whatever's been done to tune things up, it's working!  Smiley
Arf Arf Arf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 10:30:30 PM +0100 »

mmm..what to say. I went with the flag, Jethro ...didn't, and as he was right in front of me, and I had to yank the brakes on. Doni was unable to react in time, and on the otyher side of the grid there was another apparently unrelated incident, which caused a bit of carnage. That all left me well behind where I started. I soon found that either my setup was rubbish, I overfueled, or I got some damage because I simply couldn't compete with anyone on the straight, and had to be brave in the corners to manage any sort of pace.

That largely worked, as I was able to keep pace with Marco for many laps, albeit with little hope of passing him. Various people had incidents and rejoined behind us, and until I lost Marcos draft I was confident I'd keep them there. When Marco got away from me I started worrying that Phil and ...er someone else might pass me, but fate dealt them a bad hand and I got away.

On the last Lap Dave R had a moment/failing engine and I was catching him at a hell of a rate on the long straight. There could be no doubt that I was much faster then him, and I was confident I'd pass him on the approach to the corner. I feel Dave should have been looking in his mirrors or tried to move in way too late...whatever happened we made contact and I shall let the mods decide the right and wrong that one..

WD to podium, what a pace...

Arf
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 10:51:06 PM +0100 »

Had an off night, had the pace, but made many mistakes. Just didn't have the focus tonight...

Grats Roberto and podium Smiley

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 12:17:26 AM +0100 »

During the few laps I ran in practice/qualifying, my connection seemed fine.  A big improvement over the last time we were here in the GP66's.  The moment I joined the gird, my NET bars went haywire with the latency bar just out there.  I suspect that this precipitated the start line shunt.  Once I did get going, I got behind Phil at one point and it was hopeless to try to pass.  He was here, there then everywhere.  The lag did finally settle down around the mid distance, however.  Finally got a pass on David but over-extended it into Phil.  Sry.
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 08:55:40 AM +0100 »

Hadn't practiced, didn't have a setup and hate Anderstorp BUT... was missing the action.

The start was a bit odd. We all set off and there was an issue up ahead so I stopped... and then exploded. Forgot to save the client replay but I definitely had stopped and then a car warped into me.

Ah well. Wasn't dead last as Bill was behind me so I put that right and set off in hunt of some braking points... started to get confident, especially as Bernie was keeping me interested but three spins later at the end of the airstrip I got lapped and felt that as a danger to shipping I might be better off if I shipped out.

Finally have a setup I can drive so if I put a bit of practice in, I might even be midfield next season!

I'll import the results tonight.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 09:10:12 AM +0100 »

On the last Lap Dave R had a moment/failing engine and I was catching him at a hell of a rate on the long straight. There could be no doubt that I was much faster then him, and I was confident I'd pass him on the approach to the corner. I feel Dave should have been looking in his mirrors or tried to move in way too late...whatever happened we made contact and I shall let the mods decide the right and wrong that one..

On the last lap, I thought I had no reason to help anyone to overtake me (I write "help" and not "block") so I kept my line when you tried to overtake me, as I did during several laps with Phil T.
Looking at the replay, it seems our 2 wheels collided due to warps.

There were also some warps during the first turn and I don't know exactly what happened at the start but several cars collided together !
Then I had a very pleasant race and fight with Phil T. ...until Doni came Wink

The Cooper F2 was very nice to drive although it was slow ont the straight line.

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 11:16:52 AM +0100 »

I had no time for any offline practice or preparation for this race, but I figured that it might just be OK as I know the circuit well. Plus I had some setups from other tracks that might convert well to Anderstorp...or at least I hoped they would!!

Arrived on the server with less than 30 mins to sort things out and started lapping on race fuel whilst I did one or two minor tweaks to wheel camber etc.
With about 5 mins to go I was way down the grid and decided to do a banzai lap to get closer to Robert and friends on the front rows.  I managed to get as high as 5th but then was pipped by Ronnie I think and dropped to 6th.

The start was a bit chaotic and the latency bar was high enough to think about discos!! I had to pause on the gas when the cars in front did not immediately leap away and played safe by keeping to the outside lane around the outside at T1, losing another place in the process.
There were a couple of "offs" by cars in front in the early laps and I gained places and found that I easily closed up the gap to sit on Jethro's tail at the rear of the train.   He mad a small error exiting T1 and put a wheel on the grass which lost momentum, so i nailed the gas and stuck myself down the inside for T2 trying to hug the kerb. I thought I had completed a perfect pass and pressed on. I looked at the replay after the race and although I think I did make the overlap and a good pass, there was just the hint of a tail end whip that clipped Jethro  angel
Then I was chasing down Marco? I think, but when I caught him he defended the entry to each corner and I spent several laps looking for a passing chance. This allowed Ronnie and Robert to close up and I was then like a man with 2 heads, watching my mirrors and trying to pass Marco. Ronnie was obviously keen to pass me and eventually we had a minor skirmish at the ned of the straight when he tested the casing on my gearbox. I thought that I had just about saved the ensuing slide and prevented the spin, but a wheel onto the grass snapped things sideways and I hit the big hoarding there. By the time I had recovered, just ahead of Ronnie ( maybe he waited?? like the gent he is  Wink ) Robert had taken his chance and was scuttling away after Marco.
With Ronnie urging me on at every corner we chased down the leaders until I ran wide at the end of the straight and Ronnie slipped through. I had a big dose of "red mist syndrome " around that time and set about hunting down Ronnie and anyone else in front, determined to try and gain a podium place.
Ronnie was easy enough to catch, albeit slowly, but passing him was going to be another problem!! We had been joined together for most of the race and our pace was very similar. We both passed Robert who had gone grass cutting, which moved Ronnie to 3rd and me to 4th. A podium place was so close I could smell it...or was that Ronnie?  Roll Eyes.
Then Ronnie made a small mistake out of the final corner and lost drive.... I nailed the exit and gas and got just ahead into T1, but I think we made contact? and Ronnie was nerfed.  So that was 3rd spot with 3 laps to go and I could see Marco ahead in 2nd place...but maybe just too far ahead to catch?  
Anyway, I thought I would just try and blitz the last laps and hope that Marco made a mistake or maybe I could apply some pressure. I closed up slowly but it looked at first as if Marco was just playing it cool and pacing himself to the line and a safe 2nd place, but as we passed the pits on the last lap the gap had shrunk.... onto the straight and I was definitely gaining.......he has to be low on fuel!!  Grin. But he was still in front at the end of the straight with just the last 2 corners to go.... this is going to be a last gasp dash on the S/F straight!!  
I actually dropped back slightly before the last corner and lined myself up for a fast exit and just speed shifted up through the gears to steal 2nd place in the last few metres.

Tough luck on Marco who had held that second spot for most of the race  Undecided. Grats to Roberto on a flag to flag win.
Thanks to Ronnie for some great racing through the middle of the race  Grin

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 01:19:03 PM +0100 »

The Cooper F2 was very nice to drive although it was slow on the straight line.

Respect David, and a respectable laptime as well Wink Thought about taking the Coop but was worried others would stick with MS7 and such...

Marco...

...is Piero  Grin

Driving for Antipasti Racing

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 01:51:43 PM +0100 »

Huh where did I get the idea that it was Marco?HuhHuhHuh blink

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 04:17:34 PM +0100 »

Respect David, and a respectable laptime as well Wink Thought about taking the Coop but was worried others would stick with MS7 and such...

Yes, that's the same feeling that made me choose the Mac, the MS7 is of course the best F2....  

Maybe for next season we should use the 67s token system ~ as Tommie proposed  Roll Eyes

Matra MS7 FVA :        20 tokens
Matra MS5 FVA :        17 tokens
Brabham BT23 FVA :  17 tokens
Lola T100 FVA :         17 tokens
Lotus 48 FVA :          17 tokens
Lotus 41B FVA:         15 tokens
McLaren M4A FVA :    15 tokens
Protos 16 FVA :         10 tokens
Lola T100 BMW :       10 tokens
Cooper T84 FVA :       6 tokens
Ferrari 166 :               3 tokens
Brabham BT14 LF :     0 tokens
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 04:22:36 PM +0100 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Roberto Teso

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 04:34:08 PM +0100 »

I have little to say about the race,
after the first round Robert eliminated himself, with his own hands,
rest of the GP was a struggle with myself, not to lose focus.

Rather, as in Mexico even this time I had lag issues.

Robert start well keeping his position with me on his neck, during all
the first lap he magically disappear and reappear here and there,
then he finished behind and to me the problems have diminished
but not disappeared as him.

As in Mexico, even here every time I walked into portions of the
track where there's other cars passing in the vicinity, lag problems
become evident.

If there is one thing in common with Mexico, apart from adjacent
track areas, is that there was a full grid of drivers, so maximum
workload for server and line.

rt
Pages: [1] 2 3