Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 03:53:40 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S26Pro Brno: May 27, 2014
May 27, 2014, 10:41:21 PM +0100 - Brno (1949-64) - UKGPL Season 26 (2014) Professionals Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
uli

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 1 5:46.774
---
1 47:36.907
---
8 5:52.125
---
Dunlop  
Cookie
 Antipasti Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 3 +9.734
---
2 +25.927
---
8 5:56.728
---
Dunlop  
Doni Yourth
 Blue Moose Racing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 10 +37.318
---
3 +2:50.749
---
8 6:12.603
---
Goodyear  
Ronniepeterson

BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 5 +14.650
---
4 +1L
---
7 5:55.384
---
Dunlop  
Robert Fleurke
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 2 +5.015
---
5 +3L
---
5 5:53.989
---
Dunlop  
Turkey Machine

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 6 +15.267
---
6 +1:43.874
---
5 6:11.682
---
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 4 +13.943
---
7 +5L
---
3 5:59.139
---
Dunlop  
Clutch4
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 8 +6L
---
2 6:09.837
---
Goodyear  
Arf Arf Arf
 Team Baarf
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 7 +20.051
---
9 +7L
---
1 6:25.512
---
Goodyear  
Rainier
 Black Night Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 9 +37.200
---
10 +16.825
---
1 6:41.328
---
Dunlop  
DLogan

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 8 +24.481
---
11 +8L
---
0 ---
---
Dunlop  
UKGPL 8

Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 12 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 0h01m38s

Arf totally outbrakes himself and takes out a totally innocent Ferrari. Simple misjudgement.

SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Grand Prix Legends
F1 1965
5:46.774
114.781mph
uli
Qualifying
Ferrari 512May 27, 2014, 10:41:21 PM +0100
S26Pro
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 26 (2014) Professionals Trophy (65) - Brno - May 27  (Read 3805 times)
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2014, 11:06:36 PM +0100 »

Season 26 Professionals Trophy, Round 9, Brno 49

The 9th race of the season is at the long and varied Brno 49 circuit in the Czech Republic.
This is one of the GPL tracks that gives all kind of exitement to the drivers.

Division Moderator =    Badblood
Race List =   IGOR
Server = UKGPL_8
IP Address = tba
Race date = 27-05-2014
Qualification Time  = ~20:45  UK time -> 30-45 min
Race Time = race starts at 21:30 UK time
Track = Masaryk Brno 49  brno49
Variant = 65F1 the 2.02 Release of the 65mod should be used
Damage Model = PRO
Race length = ~50 min -> 8 laps
RED ZONE = From the start to the exit of Veselka 90° righthander
Password = see above
Replay = you will get here

Driver lists and series rules can be found on the championship standings page.

The full time drivers can start to practice as soon as the server is available.  Reserve drivers can also join as soon as the server becomes available but must leave the server with 35 minutes of qualifying left, for a total of 5 minutes; this will allow any remaining full timers to join.  If there is enough space on the grid, the reserve drivers will be able to rejoin when there are 30 mins of qualifying left. 

Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Moderating The red zone will be fully moderated for lap 1 only.
Whilst I would like to moderate the full lap, I only have one life so for this event the red zone will be the first lap up to the exit of Veselka 90° righthander.

Other moderation will be on reported incidents only.  However any incidents that occur in the red zone that are not reported by the drivers will be reported by the moderator.  This will allow all affected drivers the opportunity to present their case before the incident is moderated.  This should ensure there are no surprises when the moderator's report is published and hence appeals will be less likely.  If you haven't received a PM about an incident before the link below the results table is removed, you can be sure that you will not appear in the moderator's report.

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 09:43:57 PM +0100 »

The only thing that could improve my mood right now is if that was a mass disco.  Angry
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 10:27:47 PM +0100 »

It wasn't Dean, sorry to hear.

My race was so bad, just kept on making mistakes. All was fine after start, Axel was very courteous and I was satisfied following Uli. But already on lap 2 just missed a fast turn and rammed a tree and lost about 25s.

Got back up to speed, was able to pass Clutch by outbraking, and Ronnie who had some trouble. Reeled in Clive who crashed in a fast righthander, and then got close behind Axel in lap 6 or so. Outbraked myself not knowing Axel's braking point, and lost touch. Then hit something, and finally forgot where I was on the track, by thinking about random stuff, and rammed it into the hay bales...

Had a racepace to stay with Uli it looked like (he prolly just took it easy), but again, lately having probs with my concentration and focus. No excuses, just making too many unforced errors...

Congrats Uli and podium/finishers Wink

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 11:12:18 PM +0100 »

Sorry Dean but no server issues...

Grats to Uli for a superb win! Grats to Doni for the podium!

I knew this will be about save and clen driving, nearly threw it away when my concentration was low and made 3 mistakes in one lap,
but this gave me some adrenaline to be full awake and keep on the road for the rest.

Robert had profited by my mistakes and could catch my tow but could not profit by making his own mistakes  Roll Eyes

Great racing tonight in Brno!

Axel "Cookie"

Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 01:25:18 PM +0100 »

Yesterday, I have planned a very cool race at the end of the grid. My only objective was to finish the race.

Unfortunately, it didn't work as planned.
First, I was rear ended by Jethro on the first lap, after he went out of the track and was rejoining me. In fact, I slowed down to let him pass ..but we didn't understand and he rearended me, hopefully without technical damages for both cars.

Then on the 2nd lap, Jethro again went out of the track and quickly rejoin me ...and as I didn't want the same incident with him, I was more looking at my mirrors than at the track and I went out of the track directly in the haybales where I could not go away Sad

I tried during around 5 minutes to go away from the haybales and I could see the engine temp. going until 298°C before it exploded !!  

...definitively it was not a cool race !

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 05:28:28 PM +0100 »

Grats again to Uli, Axl and Doni. Commiserations to those who ran into trouble.

Sure I made loads of mistakes throughout the race including a costly terminal one on the last lap to throw away a podium spot, but I really enjoyed the challenge last night. I have never been near to sub 6.00min round here, so was well chuffed to see my lap times.

See you all at the Glen.

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 05:52:16 PM +0100 »

Yesterday, I have planned a very cool race at the end of the grid. My only objective was to finish the race.

Unfortunately, it didn't work as planned.
First, I was rear ended by Jethro on the first lap, after he went out of the track and was rejoining me. In fact, I slowed down to let him pass ..but we didn't understand and he rearended me, hopefully without technical damages for both cars.

Then on the 2nd lap, Jethro again went out of the track and quickly rejoin me ...and as I didn't want the same incident with him, I was more looking at my mirrors than at the track and I went out of the track directly in the haybales where I could not go away Sad

I tried during around 5 minutes to go away from the haybales and I could see the engine temp. going until 298°C before it exploded !!  

...definitively it was not a cool race !

Apologies for the first tap. Memory's a bit hazy but I ended up getting creamed by a warping car into the first tight right-hander, which made me barrel over the hay bales. It damaged the engine's top end, as it didn't have quite the same grunt that it had before-hand. The second "moment" was completely unintentional...

Pace was electric here, and no matter what I tried I couldn't get close... I then tried a bit with 3 wheels and couldn't keep it going long enough to reach the finish.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 05:58:20 PM +0100 by Turkey Machine » Logged

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
uli

If you want finish first you have to finish first.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 09:50:32 PM +0100 »

GRATS Axel and Doni,

hey Doni, THX for let me pacing so faire at practice in the area of the hairpins, that was great timing, great overview - probably it was your day yesterday, nice that it was rewarded with the podium big hand to you and naturally to you Axel, fine ride, well done …

I made two races at Brno49 before, one with a BRM and one in a Lotus, so I was looking forward very pleased to make it now in ferrari. It‘s a kind of circuit I like – versatile, demanding and its still not possible to find a perfect gearbox tuning …

After my second engine failures in Syracuse I had to develop a new setup strategy. And misfortune to all my team boss allowed me only a max of 12000 RPM – but in my last practice lap I've just forgotten ... Wink

At start I took the lead and settle slowly but steadily with a min of risk. Than Robert had kissed a tree. Without any pressure it was not easy to keep the concentration,  drive on safety is quite exhausting and hard to stand - but on this course it was THE challenge.

Hope to see you all in Glen in best conditions for a close battle.
uli
Arf Arf Arf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 04:27:45 PM +0100 »

Jetro

I have a horrible feeling that the warping car that hit you was me. I haven't had a chance to download the replay yet and work out what happened as the site has been playing up last couple of days.

I'm not sure if the problem I faced on Tues was at my end or server end, but my race ended on Lap 2 when my screen froze, something that I think has heppened to me only once before in UKGPL. I had only one warning of what was going to happen.... and that was my screen flickering as we approached the first right hander on L1.

I'll come back once I've watched the replay, all I'll say now is
1. Whatever the cause, sorry if I affected anyone on L1
2. This is a brilliant track! I was so frustrated at my qually time of c. 6:07 on Tues that I went back in last night for a play, and within a couple of laps I'd done a 5:56. Just before my screen froze Robert had rejoined in front of me after his off, and I had been looking forward to seeing how long I could keep pace with him. I knew I could do a sub 6:00 here  Smiley

Arf
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 05:49:18 PM +0100 »

Just before my screen froze Robert had rejoined in front of me after his off, and I had been looking forward to seeing how long I could keep pace with him. I knew I could do a sub 6:00 here  Smiley

Arf

To me you were not warping Arf, looked fine. You were able to stay close until you sadly discoed. Same for Clutch, after I passed him he was able to follow me pretty close.

I was pretty good in the fast parts, but again used 2nd gear too much in the slow parts...

It's a fun track to drive for sure!

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 01:29:06 PM +0100 »

Grats on fine victory, Uli!  Well done.  And as for pulling over for you in qualifying, that was a no brainer.  You closed in so fast...like a red bullet...that I had little option but pull aside.  Impressive pace, sir.

Great job to finish a fighting P2, Axel!

I approached this round with the mindset of netting a finish and to not even consider how and where I placed.  This was especially important as my last two events in the Pro Division have been less than stellar.  I've run here before with other leagues...my records show I logged a 5:58 in a T77 Cooper some seven years ago; don't ask me to repeat that now!...and just knew that survival was the name of the game.

Most of the race, I ran on my lonesome and noted a few fallers along the way being stuck in the veg.  Bad luck there, gys.

In the end, patience paid off with a podium.  How 'bout that!?!?  Smiley

Was it ever determined why I was listed as finishing P2 on the scoreboard at the end of the race?  It was like GPL dropped Uli's last lap.
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 01:59:07 PM +0100 »

Was it ever determined why I was listed as finishing P2 on the scoreboard at the end of the race?  It was like GPL dropped Uli's last lap.

No, but the replay file shows the last lap and finish of Uli was ok.
GPLRA reports the correct result and so I imported it without the GPL export.html file!

Axel "Cookie"

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 02:46:41 PM +0100 »

Jetro

I have a horrible feeling that the warping car that hit you was me. I haven't had a chance to download the replay yet and work out what happened as the site has been playing up last couple of days.

Not much of a problem Arf, but it's interesting to drive the car and try and push it to its limits when it's lost a fair amount of the top-end. I was consistently in the 6m tens, but it would have been nice to try and push harder with an unbroken car. Ah well, needs must.

See ya at the Glen!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Arf Arf Arf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 10:22:43 PM +0100 »

Cheers Jethro. I have now had a chance to look at the server replay, and there is nothing on it that shows anything untoward with me until the revs drop and I disappear. Must have been a problem at my end, which as previously mentioned, is almost unheard of, so at least I won't expect it to happen again anytime soon.

I did notice that at the right hander that it look like you, Clive and I all had moments of our own, and all of us were going close to the haybales (unless you'd seen me in your mirrors and gave me space?). Because you went straight on a little longer, it looked like my sudden presence in front of you was going to make the tight turn to avoid me tricky, but Clive clipped you before you had the chance to see how good your lock was.

As that turn appears to be Veselka, and as such within the L1 red zone, I sppose I had better send this into the mods.

Arf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com