by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 24, 2024, 12:58:46 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving PnG folder?  (Read 8866 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2014, 09:56:35 AM +0100 »

Following the probs that I had on Thursday and this being a British Bank Holiday ( wet as usual!!) I thought I might delve into the inner workings of my PC and find out what went wrong. Dangerous to let me loose on such sensitive equipment, but Arnold is at my shoulder with his blowlamp and pressure washer so what can possibly go wrong??? Roll Eyes

It would appear that despite regular clean ups and housekeeping my main hard drive is almost full and this might be causing some issues. Space is certainly around the minimum that XP likes for swap files etc. As the list of track and car file downloads for PnG and GTL has grown the programme file is positively obese!!

I have a second drive ( and a remote 1TB hard disk) with plenty of space, so I thought I might simply move the PnG folder with all of its contents over to a drive with more capacity. But, I noticed that within PnG there are the .exe files/links to GTR2, so I am thinking that I might need to move GTR2 as well ( which would free up even more space) + GTLegends whilst I am doing this.

I am aware that both PnG and GTL are built upon GTR2 and probably use some common files which they will need to access. I can forese an issue where if I move just PnG it may lose the link to GTR2? and I do not want to be knee deep in lost file allocations for the whole weekend!!

All advice gratefully received............... Grin

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 11:33:44 AM +0100 »

As far as I know they are all separate installs and have no dependency.
I have moved my P&G and GTL directories around with with no problem in the past.
All that was needed was to point the desktop icons at the new location.

On the game server we have links to shared P&G/GTR2 track installs, but that's not a
default thing.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 11:48:44 AM +0100 »

GTL is independant from GTR2. You should be able to copy over the entire GTL folder to a new drive and run it OK. You may have to run the GTL 3D configurator again. Like Matt says, you will need to create a new desktop icon for GTL. Once moved, right click the GTL.exe file and choose "Send to" and select desktop. One the Icon is on your desktop you can right click it and choose "rename" to shorten the text.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:51:52 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 12:09:15 PM +0100 »

OK thanks guys thumbup1....here goes ................................probably better not to watch this space for a while  Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com