Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 12:27:31 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S2667W Monza: June 01, 2014
June 01, 2014, 10:36:21 PM +0100 - Monza (GP 1955-71) - UKGPL Season 26 (2014) Works Trophy (67)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Robert Fleurke
 Antipasti Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 2 +0.197
147.058mph
1 48:42.406
145.200mph
33 1:27.585
146.813mph
Firestone  
Artiglietti

Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 1 1:27.242
147.390mph
2 +31.796
143.637mph
33 1:27.981
146.152mph
Goodyear  
Doni Yourth
 Blue Moose Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 9 +1.434
145.007mph
3 +36.270
143.420mph
33 1:28.564
145.190mph
Firestone  
Ronniepeterson

Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 4 +0.854
145.961mph
4 +37.185
143.376mph
33 1:28.496
145.302mph
Firestone  
Baab
 Team Baarf
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 3 +0.840
145.984mph
5 +50.155
142.750mph
33 1:28.261
145.688mph
Firestone  
AnGex
 Black Night Racing
Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 10 +1.849
144.331mph
6 +1:19.978
141.332mph
33 1:29.563
143.570mph
Firestone  
GregT

Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 5 +0.860
145.951mph
7 +14L
126.267mph
19 1:30.155
142.628mph
accident
Goodyear  
DLogan

Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 11 +1.881
144.279mph
8 +22L
137.129mph
11 1:29.298
143.997mph
Disco
Firestone  
Turkey Machine

Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 6 +0.900
145.885mph
9 +23L
140.967mph
10 1:29.230
144.106mph
Disco
Firestone  
Arf Arf Arf
 Team Baarf
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 8 +1.101
145.553mph
10 +28L
138.488mph
5 1:29.777
143.228mph
Disco
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 7 +0.959
145.788mph
11 +29L
139.837mph
4 1:29.780
143.223mph
accident
Goodyear  
GregT

Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 12 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
Gpg UKGPL

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 12 13 ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

No incidents. Good finish to the season.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 26 (2014) Works Trophy (67) - Monza - Jun 1  (Read 4882 times)
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2014, 12:01:56 AM +0100 »

Season 26 Works Trophy - Round 10 - Monza

Italy, Monza - awesome. What else do you need to know?.

For Season 26, all drivers must complete at least 50% of race distance to be classified.

Race List = IGOR
Server = GPG_8
IP address = 62.195.2.111
Race date = 01-06-2014
Race Time = race starts at 21:30 UK time
Qualifying Time = Between 30 and 60 minutes, starting no later than 21:00 UK time
Track = Monza (Papy original)
Variant = 67F1
Damage Model = PRO
Race length = 50 minutes (laps 33)
Password: see above

Replays Available here

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

The full time drivers can start to practice as soon as the server is available.  Reserve drivers can also join as soon as the server becomes available but must leave the server with 35 minutes of qualifying left, for a total of 5 minutes; this will allow any remaining full timers to join.  If there is enough space on the grid, the reserve drivers will be able to rejoin when there are 30 mins of qualifying left.  

Moderating The red zone will be fully moderated for lap 1 only. For this event the red zone will be from the start to the exit of the second Lesmo on lap 1. Other moderation will be on reported incidents only.  However any incidents that occur in the red zone that are not reported by the drivers will be reported by the moderator.  This will allow all affected drivers the opportunity to present their case before the incident is moderated.  This should ensure there are no surprises when the moderator's report is published and hence appeals will be less likely.  If you haven't received a PM about an incident before the link below the results table is removed, you can be sure that you will not appear in the moderator's report.

The chassis token system is explained on the Works standings page. Please ensure you choose a chassis that is within your budget, which can be seen by hovering the mouse over your points total in the standings.

Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Password: see above

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 07:58:56 PM +0100 by BadBlood » Logged

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 09:53:33 PM +0100 »

Lucky to get a low 1:28 in qualifying, then whilst running well I tagged the stopped car on the exit of Lesmo 2. That put paid to my being any quicker, and I couldn't survive a couple trips to the wall of the exit of Curva Grande, the second taking Dean out. Purely my fault being unable to control a swerving car.

Pace has been absolutely electric this season, so much so I doubt I can run with the faster guys any more.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 09:55:28 PM +0100 »

So when does Season 27 start?
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 10:14:27 PM +0100 »

In theory straight after the World Cup with a three week break and then a four week summer break in August but I am knackered. I need a rest so the break will be until the middle of July I would guess.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 10:22:05 PM +0100 »

My apologies Clive. I chose the wrong side. It looked like you were going to spin so I thought I could slip by on the inside. That ruined my engine but I was still able to make it to the half way point with my blistering 1:42 laps.

That was disappointing. I got a weak start to the season and finished even worse. I ran 27.9 pretty easy through the week and even got a 27.53 without a slipstream. I was hoping to make things difficult for Attilio today. My tires were just getting up to temperature when I hit Clive. It looked I might be able to keep pace with Attilio since he wasn't far ahead and the car was just starting to perform well. Oh well, that's all it takes is one bad decision.

Congratulations Attilio on the championship! You're a great driver!

I'm rather pleased to have done so well for the season. I didn't expect to do so well considering I think at least half of you are faster than me. I didn't get any real practice for Solitude but with Attilio's disco there. I felt a lot better about that race. You guys are making me a better driver. I'll never be able to go as fast as Attilio, Robert, and Iestyn but I am getting faster when I didn't really think I could.

Thanks for letting me race this season. I appreciate it. I hope you'll let me run the Works again. I'm still more dangerous than I'd like to be but I expect I'll get better about that with more experience.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 10:26:46 PM +0100 »

Doni I saw your comment as I left the server. Thief? More like a blooming pick pocket!!! Well done again  to yourself, Art and Robert.
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 11:19:18 PM +0100 »

Quali didn't go as planned. First run got a mechanical problem, after setting a 27.4. Second run had some traffic, cooled the tires a bit, then was on a super lap going purple anywhere. But engine blew out of Para...

But it was still enough for the front row. Good lap Atillio!

Had a reasonable start, and looked like Art missed a shift or so, so was able to clear him before Curva Grande. From there on I never looked back and drove pretty consistently to the finish. Lost focus now and then but kept it on track. Happy with the win, got lucky when the Monza Gorilla wasn't present (Rusty Iesty), and Art got stuck in traffic after little mistakes.

Well done Art and Doni for podium, saw on prib the race for P2-5 was very close and exciting Smiley Commiseration to those who had bad luck and/or had to retire...

Happy with the second half of the season, and I think I finished 3rd in the Championship, also due to absence of Tommie and Tristan...

Many congratulations to our Season 26 Works Champion, Atillio Artiglietti, well deserved and more than a worthy Champion! Fast, clean, consistent, and a very good racer! Smiley Also congrats to Greg Taber, also very well deserved! By the rate you are improving Greg, I expect you to be faster than me before I see Abraham. So you still have almost 6 years Cheesy

Thanks all drivers for racing this Season, and a special thanks to our Holy Modness Paul "BadBlood" Whitfield; and Phil Thornton, for making it all possible! Also thanks to the free server guys Axel "Cookie" Koch and Jethro Walters! And thanks to those I forgot to mention Wink

See you next season! Smiley
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:21:14 PM +0100 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Artiglietti

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 12:44:26 PM +0100 »

My race wasn't what I had hoped for, as after qually I thought Rob and I could have a good tussle for the win, but it wasn't to be. I obviously had planned the race with an eye to the championship, as I knew I basically just needed to get to half distance to secure enough points for the title. That meant a lot of attentions to the engine and a very cautious approach to the racing. Until half distance, that is.. Wink.

After losing the start to Robert, I had Bob harassing me for the first 5 laps, we had some good racing but it also meant that, when I could finally clear him after his slip up, I was a whopping 10 seconds behind Robert. Most probably race over anyway, but I decided to put paid to it myself through a couple of small offs at Parabolica and Lesmo 1 which let both Ronnie and Doni ahead. After that it was just a recovery race to second, with some very good fights with Doni and especially Ronnie, and it was only on the last lap that I could snatch back second place after finally nailing a good exit out of Para. Very good racing Ronnie, you were driving faultlessly lap after lap with an angry Eagle snapping at your heels, not easy to do. Grats to Robert for a dominant win, and to podium and finishers.

It was a good season for me, the general level of the field was as high as I can remember, maybe no 'aliens', but a good bunch of very quick and consistent drivers. Many congratulations to Greg who kept me on my toes all season. He is much quicker than he gives himself credit for, and a very clever racer too. Grats to Robert for recovering to third after some bad luck at the beginning. A special mention to Clive, whos string of bad luck this season has been verging on the bizarre, hope you are back at your best soon! Also, hope to see the whole field back as regulars in the next seasons.

Finally, thanks to Paul for his last minute modding effort yesterday evening, much appreciated  thumbup1 . And to all the guys who make this possible of course  Smiley. See you soon guys, enjoy your summer  Grin Grin Grin.
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 03:48:40 PM +0100 »

Clive, I'm curious about our incident. I didn't save my replay.

I'm guessing you were losing control entering Lesmos and kept the throttle down to push the car to the inside, off of the racing line? When I saw your car get sideways, I thought you were going to spin or hit the guard rail. If that's what happened, you made a good move. I however, committed to an inside line once I saw you sliding. I couldn't react fast enough to the change. It looks like you did what you needed to do to let me by had I stayed on the racing line.

btw, I hope you liked that save I made in Curva Grande.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 08:46:52 PM +0100 »

I forgot to add my congratulations to Attilio on the championship. Well done again.
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 11:15:11 AM +0100 »

Paul could you please import race- and championship-results, if possible? Cheers:)

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 12:48:58 PM +0100 »

Clive, I'm curious about our incident. I didn't save my replay.

I'm guessing you were losing control entering Lesmos and kept the throttle down to push the car to the inside, off of the racing line? When I saw your car get sideways, I thought you were going to spin or hit the guard rail. If that's what happened, you made a good move. I however, committed to an inside line once I saw you sliding. I couldn't react fast enough to the change. It looks like you did what you needed to do to let me by had I stayed on the racing line.

btw, I hope you liked that save I made in Curva Grande.

I had the Eagle running on ice with cold tyres, balancing power against lack of grip, and when the cars in front had a paint swapping party at Lesmo 1, I lost concentration at the critical moment. Yup I did run wide and crunch the armco and was concerned that you would be following through at a similar pace so I tried to make for the "safety" of the inside and avoid any contact. It might have been a good plan, but it was fatally flawed as we discovered.  Undecided NP from my point of view. It was my mistake and I suffered, just regret that it involved you too Greg.

Grats to Attilio on another consistent and fast season, always up there with the fast crowd and often in front. I think I need to invest more time in off line practice if I am going to be any sort of threat to that level of performance, and at the moment that does not seem likely no

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 11:22:02 PM +0100 »

Cheers Paul  Smiley

Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 08:30:51 PM +0100 »

A late filing...  I just wanted to wait til the server replay was posted.  Not that there was something to confirm necessarily but I just feel more comfortable in making reference to it rather than my own personal cap.

Super job by Robert to waltz away to a convincing win!  Grats, mate!  Robert just surged away and established a three second lead after only two laps.  The word 'domination' springs to mind.

Grats to Art for taking P2 on the road and securing the coveted overall Grads Championship title.  A most worthy overall performance.

AND...  A P3 pour moi!  Most unexpected and most welcome.  To be sure, I profited from the misfortune of others but I was quite happy with my drive.

An early faller was Greg.  Sad to see as he was for so long a leader in the title chase.  Splendid initiation to the Grads Division, Greg.  Well done.

I checked the standings prior to the event and noted that a lot of runners had tokens to spare for this last race of the season.  It was not a surprise, then, to join the server and see that the field was awash with Loti and Eagles.  It was going to be a hard slog to make an impression on this stellar field.

The early laps went well as I minded my rpm's til the engine was fully warmed.  Dean kept me company doing a good job in the Ferrari.  Arf was an early faller sliding of in the Para on Lap01 and dropping to the tail of the field.

Lap05 and the roof caved in.  First, Art swung wide in Lesmo1 and brushed the guardrail.  Lucky to escape there.  Moments later, Evil did a virtual carbon-copy of that but unlike Art, had the misfortune to spin across the roadway collecting Greg as he did so.  Clive was KO'd on the spot and Greg's Blue Bird suffered assorted damage with the most important manifesting itself as a serious engine maledy.  Greg was able to resume but at a vastly reduced pace.  Even befoe the dust settled on this two-car prang, Bob, running P2, drifted off into the hedge on the exit of Lesmo2 and it caught him fast.  It must have been a pricky moment for Bob sitting there with the nose well out on the exit line.  Several cars glided by but unfortunately, Jethro couldn't steer away in time and clipped Bob's Lotus nose.  Lucky that both weren't eliminated.  The end of this lap saw Robert leading Art by almost 10 seconds.  Art was clear of Rocket Ronnie by a short two seconds and only a half second up on me.  I was well in the tow.  Jethro, undoubtedly still a little shaken from his close call with Bob, was just a few car lengths behind me and Dean doing well just 3/4 of a second further back.  Arf had recovered nicely from his Lap01 off and was just a short two seconds off Dean's tail in P7.

The next major development was on Lap10.  Art skated off in the Parabolique and Rocket skipped by to claim P2.  As he recovered from the gravel trap and worked to get back up to speed, I tucked in behind Art's Eagle and had a virtual gift of a pass as we crossed the S/F line to start Lap11.  As I rushed up to Art's rear, he seemed to drop a wheel off onto the grass verge on the left and lose speed.  I gently knerfed his tail and backed off.  That's all it amounted to, fortunately.  It could have been race-ending for both of us.  Art swung wide in Lesmo1 moments later and I took over P3.  I ran there for a number of laps before Art re-passed.  I trailed for some laps til a slight error let Art break away somewhat and close on RR.

I was running a solid P4 then as we entered the closing stages.  It was only then that I noticed that my pitguy was flashing me that
Bob was closing fast.  Recovering brilliantly from his earlier pruning of the hedge in Lesmo2, BW was storming back fast. 

Lap28...just five to go...and Bob was less than one second off my tail.  Lap29 and miserable luck.  Only a car length behind going into the Lesmo complex, Bob had a slithering ride through Lesmo1.  Perhaps my somewhat slower pace there caught him off-guard.  Then, exciting Lesmo2, the hedge that so early on caused him grief did so a 2nd time.  It caught BW's Lotus and he dropped fully four seconds til he broke free.  Bad luck indeed after such a thrilling recovery not unlike Jimmy Clark's charge back up the field in '67.

Going into the last lap, Art had slipstreamed Ronnie for P2 going into the Curva Grande.  I was back about three seconds.  Gassing it on the exit of the Parabolica, Rocket had the misfortune of having the back end break free and he spun.  By the time he got it all gathered up again, I'd the chance to scamper by and claim P3 at the line by a mere one second.  'Pick Pocket' as Ronnie said later in post-race chat.  Most appropriate as earlier in the week, I stole P3 from him at Brno49 in the Pro Division.

BobW did persevere for P5 which so easily could have been much, much more fruitful.

Season S26 is dead.  My thanks to the admins.  Long live S27!  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com