The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 01:51:52 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Assetto Corsa Tips  (Read 19631 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2015, 05:55:29 PM +0000 »

You have the latest updates? Blocking a steam download file sounds suspicious. firewall is not blocking them from accessing the internet?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 06:07:10 PM +0000 »

Having thought about this I realised my anti-virus/malware blocks the suspected infected file.  I have instructed my system to stop scanning the AS false virus file in both real time and routine scans, thus allowing it to be including in the download. No files are blocked.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2015, 06:12:05 PM +0000 »

You have the latest updates? Blocking a steam download file sounds suspicious. firewall is not blocking them from accessing the internet?

As the false virus file is in the download folder I don't think it affects AS running.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2015, 10:06:22 PM +0000 »

Downloading folder is buffer for official updates so, if something was left inside, the game is not updated correctly.

Did you try to verify integrity of game cache?
Steam, library, click on AC, right mouse click for properties, click on local files and let steam to check and correct game files - without interruption from AV because it could block something again.
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2015, 03:18:01 PM +0000 »

Downloading folder is buffer for official updates so, if something was left inside, the game is not updated correctly.

Did you try to verify integrity of game cache?
Steam, library, click on AC, right mouse click for properties, click on local files and let steam to check and correct game files - without interruption from AV because it could block something again.

Thanks for that, still have issues need to go back to AV company.

Job for next month - Exceeded my monthly down load limit due to efforts in trying to get complete Assetto Corsa down load.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 04:27:59 PM +0000 by BillThomas » Logged

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2015, 12:46:13 PM +0000 »

Maybe a handy app to see where the cars are around you helicorsa
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:55:13 AM +0000 by Jester » Logged

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2015, 12:31:56 PM +0000 »

I can heartily recommend the FFBClip pro app for AC. Its great. It allows you to set the recommended FFB gain for your particular steering wheel first of all. Then you can individually tweak the correct in car ffb for each car/track combo and you can save that ffb setting with your setup (ie its in the garage setup menu).  I found it extremely useful and gave me much better feedback for the various effects and lessened the amount of steering wrestle I was doing in some cars by keeping to the stock 100% ffb. It can vary considerably between cars.

Havent got a link but you can find it easily enough through the t'internet  Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2015, 05:44:07 PM +0000 »

Anyone recommend a good dash app to use on iPad/iPhone?

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2015, 06:07:16 PM +0000 »

Since I own a Lumia, I was using Dashboard, but it works with the iPad/iPhone as well. I can't comment on how it compares to the iOS-only apps though, obviously.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/simracing-dashboard-version-0-16-3b.2466/
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2015, 06:35:48 PM +0000 »

Looks interesting Tibs, I've just started using Fast Dash (iOS and Andriod versions available). There are iRacing and AC versions.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2015, 09:21:59 PM +0000 »

Thanks chaps, I grabbed the dashboard app, got it running fine. Like the themed dashes for different cars  Smiley

Ps I would recommend the spotter app for racing.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2020, 09:29:07 PM +0000 »

Need a bit of help guys. I now keep getting crashed back to Contant manager for some reason. CM suggested at one time to disable the setupmarket app, so i did. Unfortunately the game keeps crashing. Did a Steam integrety check earlier which said it needed to retreive 2 files and that is the case every time i reboot my pc.
So I am beginning to think something is wrong with my install or CM. Can I possibly find a clue in the log files? I just don't know what to look for..

Cheers

Edit: updating the version from 1.46 to 1.60 only made the game crash harder. Now I can't even start a race anymore. Reverted back to the stock Kunos UI and that seems to work without problems.
So I will not bother with CM for the next weeks. I just want to race!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 07:43:05 AM +0000 by Stefan aka Postal » Logged

School is important, but race cars are importanter
frex

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2020, 11:44:20 AM +0000 »

Did a Steam integrety check earlier which said it needed to retreive 2 files and that is the case every time i reboot my pc.

I get that too and I think it is quite normal. Note the important message at the bottom here.

Do you run CSP/SOL from within CM? If so, might be worth deactivating those and then retry starting up with CM. Might help to narrow down the problem.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2020, 12:34:50 PM +0000 »

Ok, thank. Will try disabeling those in CM and see what it does.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com