by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 12:49:38 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: G25 problems on GTL  (Read 4657 times)
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2014, 12:26:08 PM +0100 »

At a total loss, tried everything but I cannot get GTL to accept my G25 wheel setting on Control Screen, detailed problem initially in a GTL forum post.

Reinstalled Steam and GTL but will not run GTL under Steam.

Copied GTL from Steam Apps and reinstalled - still cannot get GTL to accept my G25 wheel setting on Control Screen,

Installed GTLDK version of GTL - still cannot get GTL to accept my G25 wheel setting on Control Screen,

As I've got new Anti virus, cleaner, optimiser etc package did new installation from USB, not been on computer since Pelle of GTLDK gave me link to their download. Still cannot get GTL to accept my G25 wheel setting on Control Screen,

Been on to Logitech.co.uk and downloaded their latest drivers (32 and 64bit just to make sure using right one).  With 32 bit driver I get a weird outcome - when I first go into Control Screen, any of my, now, many GTL installations, the first wheel control function I select I can designate, after that it reverts to original problem.  Done this with brake, accelerator, clutch and gear change up with same result. (64 bit installation querried by computer but when I tried to run GTL there was no change to the problem.)

My poor old brain is exhausted and can think of no further logical thing to try.  wheelchair  Hope you can follow this long tale of woe.

Suggestions gratefully received.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 12:32:20 PM +0100 »

IIRC your wheel works fine with other sims?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 06:00:38 PM +0100 »

IIRC your wheel works fine with other sims?

It did with GTR 2 until I went into Control and tried changing wheel when same thing happened as in GTL.

However, still have a copy that still works OK which I will produce multi copies of so I have something to drive.

Of course Assetto Corsa does not use same type of control designations and I can still drive with 420 deg wheel rotation and associated limitations.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 06:10:22 PM +0100 »

does your wheel spin when plugged into mains power?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 06:07:12 AM +0100 »

does your wheel spin when plugged into mains power?

As part of windows start up it rotates, hits end stop, rotates to opposite end stop and centres where it has resistance to movement.  Tried disconnecting from PC.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:46:38 AM +0100 by BillThomas » Logged

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 09:10:47 AM +0100 »

Any yellow exclamation marks showing up in Device Manager?

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 11:22:40 AM +0100 »

Any yellow exclamation marks showing up in Device Manager?

Thanks Tony, no. Clicked on both G25 Icons, both give:

"This device is working properly"

on properties screen.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 09:58:37 PM +0100 »

My G25 looks to be OK. Using the Assetto Corsa Controller G25 using Paddles Wizard, the paddles setup correctly.  Originally I set  the paddles up the other way around and was able to delete and re-designate as I have been use to.  AC drives much better now and plan to race on Wednesday.  Cool

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com