The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 12:24:18 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: IMSA Tudor United Sports Cars at Road America Aug 10th  (Read 5667 times)
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2014, 10:55:53 PM +0100 »

The IMSA Tudor United Sports Cars race at Road America today August 10, 2014. The broadcast starts at 10:30 GMT, and it will be a little over two hours in length.

Go online to http://www.imsa.com/ and click Watch Now.

Road America is one of my favorite tracks. My only gripe with this series lately is that the GT cars do not get much attention from the announcers, but it is only a minor fault. Fingers crossed that the race will not have too many cautions either.

If you are not able to watch the race live, they will upload it in a few days on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC58em84jwiyM20qR-iqBDZw  This is the preferable way to watch if there are a lot of cautions.

Enjoy,
WC

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 11:06:29 PM +0100 by Walter Conn » Logged

Sunday Driver
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 10:39:25 PM +0100 »

Love this series, still the best racing on the telly   Cool. I feared the Alms would get ruined this year with the join up but still great races so far this year  Smiley

Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 12:29:36 AM +0100 »

Yeah, I really enjoyed the ALMS. It is sad that they had to merge, but hopefully the U.S. sports cars will get more attention from the media this way.

My favorite racing series at the moment is the ELMS. I did not know that I could watch the races online until this year, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. They must be doing something right over there.  

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 12:45:56 AM +0100 by Walter Conn » Logged

Sunday Driver
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 12:57:59 PM +0100 »

The 2014 season Finale for the United Sports Cars at Road Atlanta is today and can be watched on www.imsa.com

Enjoy!

Sunday Driver
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 05:21:38 PM +0000 »

Well it's Daytona this weekend and we have no UK tv coverage for this opening race of the series or the rest of this series for that matter Angry

Even in the US it seems Fox Sports will have limited coverage compared with previous years which might actually be a blessing considering their dreadful presenters. Apparently there will be live streaming provided for the die hards but I seriously wonder how much exposure that will give the teams who have committed to this championship  Undecided

http://www.imsa.com/imsa-tv/episode/sights-and-sounds-2016-testing-daytona
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 05:23:09 PM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 07:10:50 PM +0000 »

Yep, was expecting to see it on Motors TV, but as found it there not showing it live or even any of the er... WSC ( lol go figure) this year which is a shame. Just hope they are still doing the WEC.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 10:55:21 PM +0000 »

Tried watching qualifying on IMSA TV but no luck, it just sat there saying 'Stay Tuned for the Next Race', even though qualifying was under way. Anyone in the UK been able to get it to work?
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 11:30:24 PM +0000 »

Tried watching qualifying on IMSA TV but no luck, it just sat there saying 'Stay Tuned for the Next Race', even though qualifying was under way. Anyone in the UK been able to get it to work?

They had a YouTube recording of a rain drenched qualifying session earlier this evening but that now seems to have disappeared  Huh

Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 01:35:29 PM +0000 »

I was sitting there 5 mins listening to IMSA radio, decided to refresh and lo, it started complete with commentary from Jeremy (what's 'is face) and Johnny Palmer...  Embarrassed
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 02:44:22 PM +0000 »

It is the last year for the Daytona prototypes. Everyone's attention will likely be on all the new gt machinery.

I can sympathize with you on the lack of TV coverage. In the USA, the imsa series has to pay the TV station to show the races.

Sunday Driver
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 02:58:30 PM +0000 »

Had a search around and here are the UK tv contracts for this year....

http://f1broadcasting.co/contracts/

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 04:24:00 PM +0000 »

Pretty rubbish having no coverage for what's been the best racing series in the world for last 5 years  :'(

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2016, 08:11:18 PM +0000 »

Was getting worried but no probs here with the live stream, hooked it up to TV  Cool

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 11:43:07 PM +0000 »

Got the live stream working OK on my PC, but can't get it to work on Smart TV!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 07:13:32 PM +0000 »

The Daytona race highlights are on this weekend on Motors TV, sat & Sunday.  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com