The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 02:53:44 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 24th September 2014 - F40 S3 at Imola  (Read 5764 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2014, 06:28:17 PM +0100 »

Booking: From 19:00 (BST) (60 mins)
Practice: 20:00 (15 mins)
Qual : 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 16 Laps (approx 30 mins)

Cars allowed: Ferrari F40 S3  (skinpack here preferred but not mandatory) http://www.mediafire.com/download/ix6197awahyd4ek/ferrarif40+skins.rar
Track: Imola
Time of Day Setting: 11:00
Weather: Dry
Start: Standing

Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=97
SESSION_TRANSFER=80
RANDOMNESS=
LAP_GAIN=60

Server: simracing.org.uk
Password: Our usual practise password

All drivers must be booked in to race before booking closes at 20:00 UK time.

SROUK proudly presents a series of weekly fun races using a variety of track/car combos in Assetto Corsa early access. There will be no moderation of events or posting of results but drivers are of course encouraged to uphold our usual standards of excellent driving to ensure maximum enjoyment for all.

Have fun   Smiley
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 02:20:47 PM +0100 by goldtop » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 06:41:59 PM +0100 »

A quicker combo this week with the nutter version of the F40 which seems well suited to Imola.

I'm experimenting with a different track setting which should see a higher starting grip and transfer from each session but with a much slower build up throughout the race. Let's see how this goes.

I try to provide a fair mix of cars/tracks in these test/fun races but there are still lots of cars we haven't raced here yet. If anyone has any particular favourites or ideas please shout up or pm if you're shy and I'll include them in future events. If they happen to include mods, please bug test them yourself beforehand as I just don't have the time at the moment. Thanks  Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 09:18:44 PM +0100 »

That's more like it  Cool

Just hope I can find some time for practise  no

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 02:06:28 PM +0100 »

if you want to download some of my F40 skins it might liven the field up a little.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ix6197awahyd4ek/ferrarif40+skins.rar

some in showroom shots.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 02:17:15 PM +0100 »

if you want to download some of my F40 skins it might liven the field up a little.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ix6197awahyd4ek/ferrarif40+skins.rar

Thanks Chris, I'll add this to the race announcement  Cool

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 06:24:08 PM +0100 »

Cool set of skins  Cool. Bags the shell one as I've got die-cast exact one on my shelf near the PC Smiley
...along with lots of Porsches  Wink

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 08:17:25 PM +0100 »

Sorry for the delay - practice server now running

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 10:08:03 AM +0100 »

Cool set of skins  Cool. Bags the shell one as I've got die-cast exact one on my shelf near the PC Smiley
...along with lots of Porsches  Wink

I've always found the skin selection a bit hit and miss in multiplayer; you choose one from the garage but the game loads a different one  Huh Would be nice if we could use some of the numbered cars though.

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 10:18:36 AM +0100 »

Sorry for the delay - practice server now running

My server is also up now (10:20am) and will be for a couple hours if anyone wants to join.

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 10:39:40 AM +0100 »

Cool set of skins  Cool. Bags the shell one as I've got die-cast exact one on my shelf near the PC Smiley
...along with lots of Porsches  Wink

I've always found the skin selection a bit hit and miss in multiplayer; you choose one from the garage but the game loads a different one  Huh Would be nice if we could use some of the numbered cars though.

You'll only get your selected skin in booking. With the other server settings it's the skin the server is set with, that you'll get.

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 10:58:53 AM +0100 »

AC is really a bit of a mess when it comes to this dedicated server stuff. Unlike the game itself there is no content/cars folder so I suspect the entry_list.ini file I have to create for the pickup mode could contain any old string in the SKIN entries and as long as that matched with the clients join request would allow the connection. If I populate the entry_list.ini with SKINs purely from an addon pack no one with out that could join as there will be no matching SKINs. Once we get in to the race mode and the Booking system is active the SKIN can contain what ever you like and will display correctly for those who also have the extra skins. It's a real pain having to create the server files locally on a client PC and then to copy these up to the server, you can't do it on the server without a full install.

I have deliberately set the practice server to only use default skins. Everyone can then join. When we come to race night people can selected whatever skin they have locally and join and AC will use a default skin if you can't match the skin correctly. I'me sure people have used 3rd party skins in previous events with out issue.

Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 12:14:50 PM +0100 »

Yep... the skins thing is a PITA. There are some lovely skins out there for most of the cars, yours included Chris, but only any good for racing with the AI at the minute. I've got a couple of really nice Martini skins for the F40 (1 Black and 1 White) which I'm using in off line practice but they won't show up on the server.

Off line practice in these is going as well as it can for me. I'm using flappy paddles, as I'm not competent enough to go fully manual just yet, and using a grippy track. It's a bit weird in single player mode as I generally set up a 10 lap race against the AI with 20 mins practice and quali but when the race starts the track has dropped to 75% grip and it's like driving on ice. I wish they'd sort out some of the fundamentals and get back to regular updates, even if they are small updates to sort out some of the niggles. Just leaves me wondering if they'll ever get some of the stuff fixed before they get to the official release candidate.

The F40 is fun round Imola though.

@goldtop.. I've also been quite enjoying the 1M S3 round Imola, Mugello and Silverstone if you're looking for suggestions  Wink
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:18:10 PM +0100 by Johnny X » Logged

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 05:24:20 PM +0100 »

create your entry_list.ini in the launcher. thats what i do.

if someone doesn't have a skin and they join and get car 2 (which is the Igol skin) they are just use whatever skin they selected in single player but to everyone who has got the skin will see the Igol skin.

pretty simple really and there is no mismatch problems.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 07:14:33 PM +0100 »

create your entry_list.ini in the launcher. thats what i do.
I assume you mean the server's entry_list.ini. You can't run the acserverlauncher on a true dedicated server as the full game needs to be installed for it to work!

if someone doesn't have a skin and they join and get car 2 (which is the Igol skin) they are just use whatever skin they selected in single player but to everyone who has got the skin will see the Igol skin.

pretty simple really and there is no mismatch problems.
So if I launch a server only with 3rd party skins listed in the entry_list file you're saying it won't matter, I'll still be able to join in a standard car? If so what's the point of SKIN line in the entry_list file?

Gavino Pintus

Alfa Romeo Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 10:57:47 PM +0100 »

Hi to all!

Can I join in this race?

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com