The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 10:35:43 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 29th October 2014 - GT3 at Spa  (Read 5847 times)
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2014, 10:34:38 AM +0000 »

Embarrassed I think looking at the replay I was the one who caused the mayhem at the start. Totally embarrassed and can only apologise again, mostly to Johnny X for spoiling your race. Can assure you it won't happen next week. Bob.
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2014, 10:47:58 AM +0000 »

Shame that the rolling start was a shambles last night. Some poor folk didn't even get to T1 on the formation lap. Then the leader doesn't even realise it's a rolling start until about 3/4 round the lap slows to a snails pace on one of the fastest parts of the circuit and we all brake like lunatics trying to avoid a big accident as he's weaving around at 5 mph.  Angry

I prefer rolling starts, but until the game supports it or this is a serious series where everyone actually reads the announcement, I would drop it and just do standing starts.

After the start it was quite good fun. laugh

Yup i completely forgot about the rolling start, i even looked in chat and never saw the notice lol. By the time i did remember i slowed down to a slower speed to allow the pack to rebunch up, i did look behind and it looked all ok.

I would hardly call it a shambles, there was only one contact at the start, never mind eh..

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2014, 11:38:16 AM +0000 »

All the fun races should be rolling starts IMHO. That way there is no "is it or isn't it this week" and we get to perfect them in time for any league we start up.

nsfast

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2014, 01:42:34 PM +0000 »

I decided it was time for me come back to AC last night after reading the good reviews on here. It certainly seems to have moved on a lot since I last looked at it. Graphics performance in particular was much better on the eye.

I was lucky to emerge from the lap 1 drama relatively ok - other than a hit to the back half way round  Roll Eyes. The race was a very enjoyable battle with Sutol. We were both doing very similar lap times throughout with we me battling to gradually chip away at his lead. Eventually I was lucky to be offered up a scary opportunity to overtake next to the wall going down to Eau Rouge. Thankfully completed without incident. I think at the end Sutol's tyres must have been giving way.

I went with the default setup for this one. Just wondering if there was much to be gained from any tweaks?
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2014, 02:31:37 PM +0000 »

I'm used to the extremely well run and VERY slow double file rolling starts of iRacing so in comparison this was manic and fraught with danger. Grin

A couple of technical questions for those who have used AC more than me:
1) The results at the end of the race can't be gotten rid of so you can chat post race without this thing blocking your way?! Is this really correct?! Madness! laugh
2) How do I see tyre wear at the end of the race to see whether it was really worth being on medium compound? Or can I see this during the race with some "app"?
3) How do you see and make chat in game during the race? Not that I am a fan of this, but whilst we're having fun races and stuff I would have it on if it existed. Might help with the "ROLLING START" message.
4) How do you know how long is left to the race when you're sat waiting on the grid for something to happen. We have the same issue at ESRA, I can sit there for 4-5 minutes waiting for something to happen.

I know it's just an RC, but it's a RELEASE candidate, not a beta, not an alpha, a RELEASE candidate and it seems like they have an awful lot of work to do before it would be good enough to actually be called releasable.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:01:08 PM +0000 by Shark » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2014, 05:09:46 PM +0000 »

1) no (but it will be eventually)

2) there are a couple tyre apps, i use mini apps stats bar.

3) there is a python_chat app which is chat.

4) the timer appears in the top left when your in the setup screen. After you close that you cant see a timer.

Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2014, 08:46:17 PM +0000 »

I decided it was time for me come back to AC last night after reading the good reviews on here. It certainly seems to have moved on a lot since I last looked at it. Graphics performance in particular was much better on the eye.

I was lucky to emerge from the lap 1 drama relatively ok - other than a hit to the back half way round  Roll Eyes. The race was a very enjoyable battle with Sutol. We were both doing very similar lap times throughout with we me battling to gradually chip away at his lead. Eventually I was lucky to be offered up a scary opportunity to overtake next to the wall going down to Eau Rouge. Thankfully completed without incident. I think at the end Sutol's tyres must have been giving way.

I went with the default setup for this one. Just wondering if there was much to be gained from any tweaks?
the way you pulled away after you overtook says you had much more pace. I think that I got into a rut and couldn't seem to push, all my lap times were very close throughout the race. Good overtake though, caught me napping as I thought nobody would overtake there!!

See you at the next one:-)

Still learning so be patient
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2014, 10:19:49 AM +0000 »

1. Is the server always (now) on? Can't find it.
2. Can't list servers based on track?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com