The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 08:33:16 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 22nd October 2014 - BMW v Lotus at Nurburgring  (Read 7650 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2014, 08:32:09 PM +0100 »

Sadly there is only 3 of us sitting in the race server, didn't get home until 4 mins before end of booking and it never tried to update when I fired up. Shark snd other are showing in listing but not on track  :'(

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2014, 09:25:03 PM +0100 »

well we had a play for 3 laps of the race then called it time when Paul stuck his shiny Lotus head first into the Armco  Grin  Would have been a good race with a semi decent grid of cars. The Z4 has the edge on the straights whereas the Lotus is more nimble in the corners, as you would expect really  Smiley

Installing the update now but it says 1hr +  Shocked even at 760kbps. Shame it had to blinking happen on race night  Roll Eyes

PaulMcCloud

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2014, 09:39:10 PM +0100 »

It was good for a while Mark, oops lol, always next week though  Grin Or Sunday at Core Racing, BMW's at Donny, yes!
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2014, 01:14:36 PM +0100 »

I would not mind to do this series over next week  thumbup1

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2014, 10:06:58 PM +0100 »

I would not mind to do this series over next week  thumbup1

yes I would be happy to re-run next week. Though guess there is the temptation to try some of the new content out also  Smiley

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2014, 07:56:36 AM +0100 »

Personally id rather just move on than re-play it.

But im easy either way.

It would be interesting to see how the tyre degridation plays a part.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2014, 04:58:06 PM +0100 »

I've reset the date so that we re-run this event next week.

I'm looking into the possibilities of running a season of official races now that we have V1.0 (release candidate). There are a few potential problems which need to be overcome including the way we import results so these will need to be sorted first.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2014, 10:16:11 AM +0100 »

Practice server available using the new RC server.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2014, 12:45:48 PM +0100 »

I may be able to join this'n. This track features in the career mode so I've done a quite a few laps already and I like the Beemer a lot. But my best time is IIRC 2:33 so I'm still well of the boil. I hope to try the Lotus later today.

BTW is this something I should be doing something with?

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=97
SESSION_TRANSFER=60
RANDOMNESS=
LAP_GAIN=50

EDIT: Just joined the online practise session and no probs.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:57:28 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2014, 01:03:53 PM +0100 »

BTW I did an offline race with a full grid of Beemers and Lotus and it looked amazing. Also saw a great crash between two of the AI cars which left one having to retire through damage. The AI cars seem well matched to my standard and gave me a really good race which was great fun. Looking forward to a repeat race but this time I'll try the Lotus.
On the start/finish straight I did get a warning message "CPU at 95% occupation" but the frame rate remained super smooth.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

PaulMcCloud

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2014, 03:05:24 PM +0100 »

Been getting the CPU at 95% since the update on certain track/car combos, but doesn't seem to affect the game, even with graphics on low or maxed out, I just ignore it now, as you do.... Cheesy
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2014, 03:12:57 PM +0100 »

BTW is this something I should be doing something with?

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=97
SESSION_TRANSFER=60
RANDOMNESS=
LAP_GAIN=50

EDIT: Just joined the online practise session and no probs.

Those are the settings for our server which determine the rate at which the track rubbers in. I only post them for testing purposes so we all know what to expect......no need to adjust anything your end.

BTW I did an offline race with a full grid of Beemers and Lotus and it looked amazing. Also saw a great crash between two of the AI cars which left one having to retire through damage. The AI cars seem well matched to my standard and gave me a really good race which was great fun. Looking forward to a repeat race but this time I'll try the Lotus.
On the start/finish straight I did get a warning message "CPU at 95% occupation" but the frame rate remained super smooth.

A full grid of AI can still be a bit of a strain at times. The biggest culprits are tyre smoke, smoke in mirrors and dust/gravel flying around. I turned these off and have never since seen the 95% cpu warning.

Hope to see you on Wednesday Tony  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2014, 07:00:57 PM +0100 »

Tried the Lotus and it's a lovely drive but I'm even slower in it!

BTW when I change up gear even before full revs I'm showing engine damage. Auto clutch didn't help. First car I've had this problem with. Worried that if I do choose the Lotus I will have killed the engine before the chequered flag.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2014, 09:27:31 PM +0100 »

Tried the Lotus and it's a lovely drive but I'm even slower in it!

BTW when I change up gear even before full revs I'm showing engine damage. Auto clutch didn't help. First car I've had this problem with. Worried that if I do choose the Lotus I will have killed the engine before the chequered flag.

Glad you said that Tony as I found the same when I tried the feisty Lotus out this eve briefly. Z4 didn't suffer it when I tried that afterwards. Thought it was a server setting but did same offline too. See we are upto R1.3 already!

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2014, 10:16:41 PM +0100 »

???It seems I am a prisoner on the server, shows me online but I can assure you I'm not. Must be a bug.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com