The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 01, 2024, 07:45:00 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 19th November 2014 - Cobras at Goodwood  (Read 6348 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2014, 02:58:21 PM +0000 »

SROUK proudly presents a series of weekly fun races using a variety of track/car combos in Assetto Corsa early access. There will be no moderation of events or official posting of results but drivers are of course encouraged to uphold our usual standards of excellent driving to ensure maximum enjoyment for all.

Have fun  Smiley

Pit boxes: 18
Booking: From 19:15 (GMT) (60 mins)
Practice: 20:15 (15 mins)
Qual : 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 20 Laps (approx 30 mins)

Cars allowed: Shelby Cobra 427 SC
Track: Goodwood Download: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/goodwood-motor-circuit.2904/
Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Dry
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=97
SESSION_TRANSFER=60
RANDOMNESS=
LAP_GAIN=60

Server: simracing.org.uk
Password: Our usual practise password

WARNING: Keep away from the outside kerb in Turn 1 or this will happen  Shocked www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVFcvI-YtVU

Picnic Edit: Corrected pit boxes available
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:27:51 PM +0000 by picnic » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 03:08:28 PM +0000 »

Now this should be a goodie  Cool , interesting to see if we can power-drift through the faster corners here like you see them do at the Revival races, something that P&G oddly never quite captured for me.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 03:41:34 PM +0000 »

Now this should be a goodie  Cool , interesting to see if we can power-drift through the faster corners here like you see them do at the Revival races, something that P&G oddly never quite captured for me.

The Cobras are pretty exciting around here. If you want a good laugh, try an AI race and see how they get on  Shocked

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 02:27:34 PM +0000 »

Had a test run and found this, in turn 1  Sad

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVFcvI-YtVU

So you're warned to stay away from that kerb  Wink
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:29:17 PM +0000 by Jester » Logged

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 02:46:43 PM +0000 »

Had a test run and found this, in turn 1  Sad

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVFcvI-YtVU

So you're warned to stay away from that kerb  Wink

Yep thanks for that. Tripped me up a couple of times and creates some spectacular AI crashes. I'll stick it in the race announcement to warn everyone off.

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 10:42:32 PM +0000 »

just to let you know, there is a big hole in the track mesh and it messes you up, flips you upside down etc.. it may be worth considering another track..

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 03:21:59 PM +0000 »

Doesn't seem to be generating as much interest this race  Undecided judging by lack of pre race posts anyway.

Did a few laps to test I it out but can see it will take quite a few to build up decent pace in this powerful beast of a car. It looks very fast in the replays. Smiley
Could do with a good setup.

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 06:09:10 PM +0000 »

well, i know bob and sutol have been practising a lot, ive also done a couple laps, we are all joining as is mark, so id hope the turnout be decent.

problem is the car is quite a challenge which is nice for a change.. this will put people off.

Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 06:30:30 PM +0000 »

I can skip race with modern toys (like GT3) but noooo waaay to skip this.  Grin
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 10:50:56 PM +0000 »

This car is indeed a beast. Not found a way as yet to tame it, it was my favourite car in P&G3 but somehow it's a  totally thing in AC.  Low 2.24's at present, seems about my limit.  Anyone been down the black hole at the end of pit exit?
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 11:49:17 AM +0000 »

Just tried to join the server, but it gets stuck at loading car #20. Anyone else have this problem?

my apps and settings
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 12:00:00 PM +0000 »

Just tried to join the server, but it gets stuck at loading car #20. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes thanks Erik, we're aware of the problem and will be sorted hopefully later today.

Car/track combo needs a bit of practise but I didn't think it was particularly challenging in testing. Just remember to keep off the green stuff  Wink

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 04:14:06 PM +0000 »

quicker than me Bob Embarrassed I just spent an hour practising and couldn't get below 2:25 and I spent a lot of laps getting out of shape or just slower!  I tried dialling out the understeer but it just made the car more unstable and kept trying to spit me off, whatever I tried.

Ah, so there is a problem online, wondered why my pc just hanged at loading. Had to do offline praccy instead.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 04:24:43 PM +0000 »

Yes thanks Erik, we're aware of the problem and will be sorted hopefully later today.

I was hoping to report it was however it's not. Rather than getting stuck loading a track my AC crashes. I had to got out this morning so could try uploading the whole set of server fails in case there had been an update I missed so I did that earlier this afternoon. No change, my game still crashes. I've now configured my router to allow my PC to host races as well as being the client and it still crashes! Using this local server and client I can host the Cobra at Silverstone but if I change the track to Goodwood the client crashes. I can load and test offline.

So has anyone managed to host a Goodwood race and can tell me what I'm doing wrong?Just occurred to me to filter and see if anyone else is hosting Goodwood. Someone was so one assumes they're happy. The first obvious difference is they were only hosting 10 places. So a bit of a test and a binary chop it appears that there are only 18 pit boxes at Goodwood, setting any more crashes my client - *(&^&*%^&^&*%&*^&%^ 3rd party addons wasting 2 hours of my time Wink

Practice server is now available!

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 04:44:54 PM +0000 »

This car is indeed a beast. Not found a way as yet to tame it, it was my favourite car in P&G3 but somehow it's a  totally thing in AC.  Low 2.24's at present, seems about my limit.
quicker than me Bob Embarrassed I just spent an hour practising and couldn't get below 2:25 and I spent a lot of laps getting out of shape or just slower!  I tried dialling out the understeer but it just made the car more unstable and kept trying to spit me off, whatever I tried.

Hope you guys mean 1:24/1:25  Wink

I was hoping to report it was however it's not. Rather than getting stuck loading a track my AC crashes. I had to got out this morning so could try uploading the whole set of server fails in case there had been an update I missed so I did that earlier this afternoon. No change, my game still crashes. I've now configured my router to allow my PC to host races as well as being the client and it still crashes! Using this local server and client I can host the Cobra at Silverstone but if I change the track to Goodwood the client crashes. I can load and test offline.

So has anyone managed to host a Goodwood race and can tell me what I'm doing wrong?Just occurred to me to filter and see if anyone else is hosting Goodwood. Someone was so one assumes they're happy. The first obvious difference is they were only hosting 10 places. So a bit of a test and a binary chop it appears that there are only 18 pit boxes at Goodwood, setting any more crashes my client - *(&^&*%^&^&*%&*^&%^ 3rd party addons wasting 2 hours of my time Wink

Practice server is now available!

Nicely done Pete for finding out it has only 18 pit boxes  thumbup1 and not as the converter states 20  Huh

my apps and settings
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com