by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 10:16:31 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L15FE Brno: December 07, 2015
December 07, 2015, 08:41:33 PM +0000 - Brno (1949-64) - UKGTL Season 15 Fifties Endurance
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Aston Martin DBR2 (#63) GTC-65 1 4:54.927
105.613mph
1 1:01:34.888
101.161mph
12 4:57.594
104.667mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Maserati 450S (#53) GTC-65 2 +3:58.149
95.036mph
12 5:16.844
98.308mph
Pirelli  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ferrari 375+ (#545) GTC-65 3 +3:58.740
95.021mph
12 5:12.089
99.806mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Maserati 450S (#3) GTC-65 5 +23.472
97.828mph
4 +1L
92.447mph
11 5:14.223
99.128mph
Pirelli  
misnoimis

Aston Martin DBR2 (#102) GTC-65 6 +32.935
95.004mph
5 +49.382
91.231mph
11 5:16.261
98.489mph
Dunlop  
hayman3131
 RedLine
Jaguar D-Type (#3) GTC-65 6 +2L 10 5:24.128
96.099mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Aston Martin DBR2 (#102) GTC-65 3 +3.182
104.486mph
7 10 4:56.133
105.183mph
accident
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Maserati 450S (#81) GTC-65 2 +0.481
105.441mph
8 +3L 9 4:56.368
105.100mph
clutch
Pirelli  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Aston Martin DBR2 (#49) GTC-65 4 +4.096
104.167mph
9 +8L 4 4:59.099
104.140mph
accident
Dunlop  
Ati7
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ferrari 375+ (#1) GTC-65 10 +10L 2 5:28.714
94.758mph
unknown
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Aston Martin DBR2 (#49) GTC-65 11 +11L 1 5:32.860
93.578mph
suspension
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Jaguar D-Type (#4) GTC-65 7 +1:23.937
82.215mph
+12L 0 ---
---
accident
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 15 Fifties Endurance - Brno - Dec 7  (Read 7667 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 10:27:56 AM +0000 »

Congrats to Erling, Bob and Tony on the silverware places.

Another iconic track for these great cars, although my performance hardly did it justice!  Undecided. I will be voting for this one again

Very surprised to get such a high grid slot after zero practice, although I did know the layout from GPL races. Knowing the track was good in some ways, but bad in others . A 1955 DBR2 does not handle with the precision of a 1967 Lotus F1 car !! and I found that my ambition exceeded the handling of the poor Aston in a few places, but I got away with a few hairy moments  Roll Eyes.

Too much wheelspin at the start had me sliding all over the pit apron, as a couple of cars slipped past, but once I got the rubber to grip again I quickly regained the places and set off after Geoffers and Erling ( Mr Spok had Mazzer'd his way into the far distance very quickly).
Again i was surprised that I caught the 2 cars ahead as quickly as I did, but I suspect that they were holding each other up as they fought over 2nd spot. Then Erling got a tank slapper out of the final corner and made an unscheduled stop for fuel at the filling station ( Is that allowed Tony?, should he not be disqualified for using unofficial resources??!! angel ) Geoffers ran wide and I stole his place.

Up to second spot with Phspok about 10 seconds ahead. Much better than I could have hoped for.
Now I started to concentrate on preserving tyres and brakes hoping to make my pitstop as late as possible ( still don't understand what XD is trying to tell me about fuel!). I could see that Erling and Geoffers were closing the gap, but I could also see in my mirrors that they were working quite hard to get at me, with the occasional small mistake which dropped them back again.

I should have stuck to my usual driving style and not tried to stretch the fuel by leaving the car in a higher gear through some corners, especially the fast T1-T3 through the village. I tried to stay in 4th, but without the poke of power oversteer in 3rd, I drifted just too wide and clipped a lamp post with terminal results.
Hope I managed to get my stricken car out of the way before the chasing cars came through  scared scared scared scared

Thanks to Tony for all of the organising.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 10:59:31 AM +0000 »

Great race for me on this challenging track.

Pb offline was 4:57.2, and considering how much practice that had required, I never thought I could challenge the 4:56 posted here by Matt, let alone the 4:55 laps he was doing when I joined the server.  Thus very surprised to run away with pole, after a sub 4:55 lap Shocked

Start wasn't great, so Matt got ahead and I had Geoffers in hot pursuit. Mistake late on L1, when I put half the wheels on the grass in that sharp right-hander before the straight run down to the finish. Promptly spun off and dropped to 4th, as Geoffers & Clive zoomed past.  With no cars close to me, I could at least concentrate better and started the chase.  Got 3rd back from Geoff, when he had a moment on L2.  Used another 1 - 1½ lap to reel in Clive, only to hand him 4-5 secs, when I went wide and onto the grass in a corner. That also brought Geoffers closer again.

Had to redo the hard work of catching Clive, but before I got real close, he had a ginormous shunt in the urban section right after the start/finish. I was very lucky that his car's final resting place left room enough for me to get past.  Matt was some 19 secs ahead and can't remember if I was getting closer.  Passed him as he did his pitstop.  When I did mine one lap later, pit board showed a 36-sec lead. Dubious that that would be enough to for me to retain the lead, even without a tyre change, given the long pit straight.  Sure enough, as I was crawling down it, Matt came roaring past.  He had a good lead, but just as I was muttering to myself "I won't catch him unless he runs into trouble", I came upon a big cloud of tyre smoke, with a red car doing donuts inside it  Smiley We exited the corner side by side, but there's no denying the straight line speed of even the baby-Masser, so Matt pulled ahead.  I retook the lead in the twisty section, but lost it again a few corners later when I ran wide.  Matt then proceeded to repeat my error from L1, only he upped the ante, by ending up inside the gas station, where I settled for parking outside it  Wink

After this, it seemed Matt was on a downward spiral  Sad  As my closest competitors dropped out one by one, the excitement of the race also went. Biggest challenge in the latter part was not to earn myself the 'Dufus of the year' award, by tossing away a surefire win with a stupid mistake  Wink Thus tried to err on the boring, but safer side of caution. Thankfully that held to the finish.

Grats to all who made it and commiserations to those that fell off. 

Matt: Great shame, as you were running so strongly in the early part. If I'm not mistaken, the pit limiter doesn't work on the Massers - I've never gotten it to work myself at least. 

Geoffers: Your terminal shunt had me scratching my head when I looked at the replay.  Did you fall asleep at the wheel mate, or did real life intervene ?  Smiley

Team GTLDK still rules  thumbup2  Wink Grin  Roll Eyes -
but without much contribution from my side  Roll Eyes Tongue

Don't say that Kurt; every bit counts after all!  thumbup1

Quite liked the track; can't help myself but am always drawn to longer tracks.  Contemplated suggesting Targa Florio to Tony, but perhaps a 72 km lap with 800+ corners would be overdoing it..  Grin

Thanks to Tony for organising this great series!!  thumbup2

Cheers,
Erling
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 12:42:26 PM +0000 »

Geoffers: Your terminal shunt had me scratching my head when I looked at the replay.  Did you fall asleep at the wheel mate, or did real life intervene ?  Smiley

It was a sort of 'fall asleep at the wheel' moment. My mind had drifted off a bit & when it came back I thought I was closer to the slight turn before the S/F than I actually was. I only have a smallish monitor & picking the line through the really fast corners is sometimes a bit tricky & I simply turned into the corner far too early & killed the car.  Shocked

Bit disappointed with my race. In practice I had been reeling off 4.57 laps without any problem, but in the race I kept making silly mistakes. Lost it twice under braking early on & then again after my pitstop which drastically cut down the top speed of the car, in fact it wouldn't even reach max revs in 4th gear. Like Matt I also got a S/G for pit speeding, I had pressed the key for the limiter when leaving the pits, but not hard enough & it hadn't engaged!  Roll Eyes

Congrats to Erling, Rog & Bob.  clap clap clap

& well done to the championship podium.  clap clap clap
misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 12:56:54 PM +0000 »

I joined this race with minimum expectations having done very little practice. I just about learnt the track but not how to drive fast around it. Am I mistaken or were the last couple of tracks more difficult. Maybe it’s my brain cell wearing out. I missed the three previous races in this great series and entered the previous race with virtually no practice which turned out disastrously.

I started fairly cautiously and from what I remember avoided a couple of accidents with cars spinning in front of me before two cars span just in front of me and  totally blocked the road. I had no chance to stop or avoid them and hit one full on at speed. When I got going again the car felt like it was pulling to the right. I found that it was going straight but the force feedback made turning left much harder than turning right. It might have been the track or me for I soon got used to it.

I discovered the DBR2 was a sitting duck for the Massa’s on the straights, I think I might have set my fifth gear ration too low although I know the Massa is a faster car. There was one great moment when I think it was Tony and Roger behind me and side by side closing on me. I kept in the middle of the road and wondered if they would split and pass me on either side? They did, that was fun. Shortly after that I went slightly wide and lost a bit of ground and it all became very boring for me.

I think I was just starting to understand the track when I made my pit stop for refuelling and tyres. I skipped the repairs. I was very careful not to speed but as I left the pits got a stop and go penalty.  This really p****d   me off and after making it I rather lost interest and concentration for the following couple of laps and at one time tried driving up a steep grass bank. I managed to perform a loop and a roll reminding me of my Flight Sim days. I think Erling passed me while I was upside down so I decide to get my head down and concentrate.

Unfortunately I suffer from CDO, it’s like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be. Having damaged the front and the right hand side of my car I felt it only fitting to damage left side to even things up. I achieved this with the help of some straw bales and then brought the car home into a lucky fifth position.

After racing on this track I think with a slightly better set up I could knock quite a few seconds off my lap times so would vote for it. Would get nowhere near sub five minutes though.

Grats to Champion, runner up and Tony and thanks to Tony for another great series.  clap clap clap
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 01:01:20 PM +0000 »

Great race reporting guys, I need to watch the replay to check out the pass on Misnoimis on the straight after the first village. I'll post an image later.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 01:18:32 PM +0000 »

It was a sort of 'fall asleep at the wheel' moment. My mind had drifted off a bit & when it came back I thought I was closer to the slight turn before the S/F than I actually was. I only have a smallish monitor & picking the line through the really fast corners is sometimes a bit tricky & I simply turned into the corner far too early & killed the car.  Shocked

Well, if your monitor is small enough to adversely affect you like this, then I'm even more impressed with laptimes you often achieve  w00t - Please don't get a bigger one, or we'll all be toast..  Grin

I managed to perform a loop and a roll reminding me of my Flight Sim days. I think Erling passed me while I was upside down so I decide to get my head down and concentrate.

Yup, I did - that was another lucky one for me Shocked

Cheers,
Erling
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2015, 03:31:10 PM +0000 »

Well, if your monitor is small enough to adversely affect you like this, then I'm even more impressed with laptimes you often achieve  w00t - Please don't get a bigger one, or we'll all be toast..  Grin

It is only really a bit of a problem when travelling at high speed, it can be difficult to see the apex of the corner. This was the only corner on this track that was like that, it is a bit unsighted anyway I think. I'd love to have a triple monitor setup, but I doubt the other half would approve!  no
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2015, 07:19:40 PM +0000 »

I discovered the DBR2 was a sitting duck for the Massa’s on the straights, I think I might have set my fifth gear ration too low although I know the Massa is a faster car. There was one great moment when I think it was Tony and Roger behind me and side by side closing on me. I kept in the middle of the road and wondered if they would split and pass me on either side? They did, that was fun.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2015, 07:28:01 PM +0000 »

Results

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2015, 10:28:34 PM +0000 »

That was a surprising finish for me that's for sure.  I'll take if though.   Was a little boring after the first few laps when everyone got strung out.  Then the pitstop came up and I made up my mind to change tires and try to finish no matter what. Met up with Roger  and we spent the rest of the race together.  I think I squeezed by him once, maybe twice only to screw up on the same lap and he would breeze by me.  Last time was on L10 and I just decided to play it safe and follow him to the finish.  By this time we were 2nd and 3rd because of the guys ahead of us  dropping out  with problems.  Great track for these cars, thanks Tony for organizing this series and glad to see we get to do it again next year.    I'm sure I will get a reality check as I have used all my luck up!!  Great group of drivers here, sure glad I decided to join you all, Thanks for that....

Bob M.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2015, 10:37:03 PM +0000 »

My gratitude as always Kurt  thumbup1

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2015, 01:26:12 AM +0000 »

Phew, donating and track voting completed (wasn't easy..  Smiley)

Cheers,
Erling
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2015, 08:38:22 PM +0000 »

Wanted to share this  Cool

« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 09:29:35 PM +0000 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print