by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 05:21:33 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L15AMV8 Laguna Seca: January 12, 2015
January 12, 2015, 08:41:34 PM +0000 - Laguna Seca (1988+) - UKGTL Season 15 American V8s
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
senyorlobo
 TEAM-GTLDK
AMC Javelin (#71163) GTC-65 2 +0.186
75.710mph
1 39:29.212
74.297mph
22 1:46.424
75.182mph
Goodyear  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
AMC Javelin (#71163) GTC-65 3 +0.614
75.405mph
2 +10.988
73.954mph
22 1:46.076
75.429mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Dodge Challenger (#71055) GTC-65 5 +1.001
75.131mph
3 +27.494
73.445mph
22 1:46.807
74.912mph
Firestone  
misnoimis

Ford XB Falcon GT (#33) GTC-65 6 +1.185
75.001mph
4 +1:02.980
72.373mph
22 1:47.586
74.370mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (#70002) GTC-65 8 +3.302
73.542mph
5 +1:46.935
71.088mph
22 1:49.189
73.278mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ford XB Falcon GT (#33) GTC-65 6 +1L
70.217mph
21 1:49.693
72.941mph
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
AMC Javelin (#70) GTC-65 7 +2.461
74.115mph
7 +32.180
69.285mph
21 1:48.000
74.085mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Plymouth AAR 'Cuda (#70088) GTC-65 1 1:45.495
75.844mph
8 +2L 20 1:45.430
75.891mph
stall
Goodyear  
Huggy

Ford XB Falcon GT (#73001) GTC-65 9 +10.147
69.189mph
9 20 1:52.548
71.091mph
fuel
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Plymouth AAR 'Cuda (#70008) GTC-65 4 +0.751
75.308mph
10 +13L 9 1:46.808
74.912mph
suspension
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 15 American V8s - Laguna Seca - Jan 12  (Read 8305 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 10:51:19 PM +0000 »

Did a few laps practice on line with Misnoimis. He won't be at the back of the grid  Wink

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 08:49:42 AM +0000 »

I did a few laps practice last night after being disco'd from a GPL race and I would agree with Tony's advice.

I found that it was possible to brake after the crest, and still make it through the corkscrew. But to do that I needed to be absolutely spot on with my line/brakingpoint/brake pressure ( so as not to lock the wheels and turn in point. So, 1 out of 5 laps it worked and the other 4 were a mixture of trips into the gravel and artistic spins down the hill or wild application of opp lock and a very untidy fishtailing through and out of the corkscrew. scared
In short, I am not consistent enough to get it right every lap, so braking just before the crest and getting the car smoothly into the top of the corkscew is much preferable. Wink

There did not seem to be much between the various cars, but I did notice that one or two seemed to be harder on the tyres, but that might have been setup and/or my driving.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 08:52:57 PM +0000 »

Sorry folks the worst night of PC freeze ups ever.  Seen correspondence on NVidia driver probs will look at various posts during the week.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 09:35:42 PM +0000 »

Ahh thats not what you want from a newish pc Bill, hope you get it sorted soon.

Racing was good again. Nice to see some new faces around. Pretty sure i raced Senyorlobo a couple of times maybe some 3 years back. Good to have you guys racing.
Dunno what happened to Clive. He was winning the race! Disco with one lap to go, that no fun.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
senyorlobo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2015, 09:46:42 PM +0000 »

Sorry folks the worst night of PC freeze ups ever.  Seen correspondence on NVidia driver probs will look at various posts during the week.

Hi Bill,

Look this post. Maybe works for you too.

http://www.gt-legends.dk/GTLDK/showthread.php?758-GTL-NVIDIA-Display-Driver-Stopped-Work&p=14478#post14478

Cheers!

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2015, 09:47:24 PM +0000 »

Replay now posted.

Results will be delayed due to an admin issue.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2015, 09:49:35 PM +0000 »

Actually a smooth race for me when in lap 17 I was called to pits
for refuelling  Huh Fueled for 23 laps but was dry after 17  Undecided

There a still things left to be checked before race  Angry

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
senyorlobo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 09:58:57 PM +0000 »

I think it has been 2 years since my last race in simracing.
During these two years I have been participating in the league of gamers-crib. In fact, I'm one of the organizers. We are now in the 3 weeks off and I wanted to run a race for fun.
I took a look at simracing and saw that Monday had v8 race and I love these cars. all ready to having a good time with all you.
Glad to see old faces known as Tony, Bill, Eifel, phspock, postal .... etc.

A little surprised for the win. Had pace, but not enough to catch clive. A good fight with Postal the first laps. Bad luck mate for your spin.
2 laps to go, I saw that clive had a DNF. Very bad luck. And finally 1st.

I hope to join the next mondays but will be difficult.
have fun guys!

Cheers!

Jose (senyorlobo)

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 10:02:27 PM +0000 »

Actually a smooth race for me when in lap 17 I was called to pits
for refuelling  Huh Fueled for 23 laps but was dry after 17  Undecided

There a still things left to be checked before race  Angry

You can burn a load of fuel crawling out of gravel traps (but not 6 laps worth).

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 10:16:15 PM +0000 »

Similar prob with the fuel??? I made no trips into the gravel, although I might have made the rear wheels spin on one occasion ,  ok, it might have been more often than that  Roll Eyes

I loaded 24 laps worth of go juice and I was watching consumption and judging my pace against Senyorlobo. My tyres were just about in the green and it all looked good. I looked at the fuel level at the bend before I stopped and it was showing as just about right to get to the flag, so with a good 8 second lead and less than 2 laps to go.. just short shift and cruise. 200 mtrs later it all went eerily quiet Roll Eyes

Grats to Jose on the win he kept the pressure on through the whole race and I could not really relax, and to all the finishers.

The first laps was a bit intense with Postal nipping around the inside of T1 and scaring the wotsits out of me!! I had to really push hard on cold tyres to regain that place and almost over cooked it on cold tyres ( lol what a contradiction!!) slowly I edged away and was able to ease back in the middle of the race and just monitor the gap...at least that was the plan until.................................................... Undecided

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 10:23:13 PM +0000 »

First off, I had some issues I would like to hear if anyone else were having.  The black tyre marks on the tarmac were fine during off- and on-line practice but as soon as we turn to qualifying and race, most of them disappeared - I had a patch at the start and finish of them, but the entire middle sections were missing.  I've seen it occasionally in the past, but it appears to be more consistent lately - it happened on our two recent races at Goodwood too.   The other issue is that my race replays are screwed up. That of the race itself jumps from the garage to roughly mid-race, missing the entire beginning.  Hot lap replay makes GTL crash.  Anyone else have this ?

The track; I've never liked it, but think I'm starting to hate it, especially its most notorious feature; that confounded Corkscrew. It's always hit or miss - or in my case very consistently miss..  Roll Eyes

The Car; with 'Vanishing Point' among my favorite car movies, it just had to be the Challenger. wub  Set my fastest times with in offline practice, but could almost surely have matched them with some of the other cars, if I had practiced more with them.

The race; had done some 1:46.2 laps and a single, 1:45.9 kamikaze lap offline, but sadly couldn't do them consistently, so 1:46.4 was the best I could manage in qual.  Only good enough for 5th, but got a decent start, passing a car in front - only to be upstaged a T1 by two cars, but they collided and spun, so I retained 4th.   Chased after Lobo first, and Postal later, when he rejoined after an off.  He slowly edged away though, especially as I started to make smaller and bigger mistakes on my worn tyres.  Gap to car behind kept increasing throughout the race, as long as I didn't make mistakes myself, so wasn't threatened from behind.  Got my 4th upgraded to 3rd, courtesy of Clive's untimely exit.

Grats to Lobo & Postal; welcome to the new and new-old faces, commiserations to Clive, who seemed to have the race in his bag, and to Bill; very sorry to hear that your
PC troubles continues  Sad

Edit: Clive, you should probably have stayed in the race, despite not running towards the end - I'm pretty sure you would have scored some points that way.

Cheers,
Erling
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:28:52 PM +0000 by Erling G-P » Logged
misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 10:31:10 PM +0000 »

My race was enjoyable but a bit lonely.  My pace fell in-between the slower and faster guy’s. I didn’t get the Falcon as well sorted as I had the Javelin, in fact the handling was pretty dodgy, but it was fun to drive. I’ll save the Javelin for another race.

My driving was ok apart from one stupid spin when I lost concentration as I had no one to race with. I couldn’t go much faster and was unable to keep up with the guy’s in front so maybe I should have slowed down a bit and got some racing.

Looked like a few suffered some form of misfortune and I inherited a couple of places.

Grats to podiums, commiserations to those who were unlucky.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 08:52:46 AM +0000 »

Hi Bill,

Look this post. Maybe works for you too.

http://www.gt-legends.dk/GTLDK/showthread.php?v758-GTL-NVIDIA-Display-Driver-Stopped-Work&p=14478#post1447

Cheers!

Thank. I have a GTX 660 TI graphics card any addtional info on NVidia driver problems would be appreciated.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 12:38:02 PM +0000 »

Chose the Camaro as in off-line practise I was fastest in it. Of course come to race night and it turns into a complete pig to drive  Huh

So sorry to Matt for the idiot nudge halfway around T1. I thought a follow up nudge would point you back in the right direction but the physics elfs decided that your car would continue turning into the oncoming traffic. Having watched the replay and seeing your poor car get clouted a couple more times did not make for comfortable viewing for me.

Having waited to Let Matt past I had some fun catching the duelling Roger and Kurt. Eventualy managed to pass them both but the gap to the next car was to big so I just drove around trying to hot lap. Gained a couple of places due to retirements.

Next one is at Lime Rock which is a great race track (IMO). But I will have to try another car before they begin to disappear.

Huggy, shout out on these forums if you need some help with setups etc ok?

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 05:26:00 PM +0000 »

Was rather dissapointing.  Sad I had done practice! not something I am used to having time for  Shocked
And was expecting to be fairly competitive, but as noted, was speared at T1 putting me to the back of the field
with a bent car. Didn't realise till I watched the replay that I had lost the bonnet (hood) Car handled well enough
so set about trying to claw back up the field. Did an illadvised pass under Roger who had enough presence of mind
to make it work, sorry about that...  Embarrassed  Eventually caught Misnoimis and had some fun dicing with, and then passing him
then was starting to gain on Coyote? when I was too busy watching the tyre wear, and stuffed it into the
end of a fence - 0% health, game over  Angry

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com