by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 06:31:21 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L15FE Porto: June 22, 2015
June 22, 2015, 08:41:34 PM +0100 - Porto - UKGTL Season 15 Fifties Endurance
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Jaguar D-Type (#15) GTC-65 2 +1.304
78.927mph
1 1:01:20.068
75.434mph
26 2:16.994
77.938mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.

Aston Martin DBR2 (#49) GTC-65 6 +4.725
76.980mph
2 +2:14.055
72.783mph
26 2:18.078
77.326mph
Dunlop  
Doni Yourth
 Blue Moose Racing
Jaguar D-Type (#3) GTC-65 7 +5.691
76.448mph
3 +2:17.575
72.716mph
26 2:19.309
76.643mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ferrari 250 TR (#22) GTC-65 8 +6.692
75.904mph
4 +1L
70.995mph
25 2:22.840
74.748mph
Dunlop  
chmichel

Ferrari 375+ (#19) GTC-65 11 +8.036
75.185mph
5 +57.153
69.932mph
25 2:22.803
74.768mph
Dunlop  
hayman3131

Aston Martin DBR2 (#102) GTC-65 10 +7.115
75.676mph
6 +1:45.361
69.059mph
25 2:19.694
76.432mph
Dunlop  
Ati7

Ferrari 375+ (#1) GTC-65 1 2:13.974
79.695mph
7 +7L 19 2:15.566
78.759mph
suspension
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ferrari 250 TR (#17) GTC-65 9 +7.079
75.695mph
8 +14L 12 2:22.774
74.783mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Portoflash

Ferrari 375+ (#40) GTC-65 5 +4.015
77.376mph
9 +15L 11 2:17.387
77.715mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Bill Grewcock
 Team RaceConnect
Ferrari 375+ (#545) GTC-65 3 +2.702
78.119mph
10 +17L 9 2:16.591
78.168mph
suspension
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Aston Martin DBR2 (#5) GTC-65 4 +3.340
77.756mph
11 +18L 8 2:17.095
77.881mph
unknown
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Failure to show due care and attention when leaving pits

• hayman3131advice — Hayman has taken steps to ensure future pit lane exits will be safe
    For advice only - unreported by victim, so penalty disregarded

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 15 Fifties Endurance - Porto - Jun 22  (Read 8101 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 10:38:43 PM +0100 »

Replay and results now posted.

Remember to vote if you want to see this track in next season's series.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

hayman3131

www.soundclick.com/hayman3030

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 12:09:21 PM +0100 »

hi

I had not much time for practice on that track. dangerous track, so target was to survive. best car for that for me DBR2. certainly not the right car for that short track. but DBR2 is most safe and neutral car.
as I expected I started from the back. one little mistake on start and I  was last. ok, target: SURVIVE! with this I found myself later on 6th place. I did pit in lap 18. after I was on 4th. oops! XD did not show gaps, but I thought I could hold that place. but in lap 23 I hit one of the red/white markers at pit entrance. suspension probs now. on acceleration car turned to right, on braking to left. uff, hard to handle. later again same hit. car not relly driveable, but I continued. 2 cars passed ( Tony and Huh) I ended on 6th. more as expected.

Sorry Doni for that crash at my Pit out.

thxs for great, fair driving and race event.

greets hayman
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 12:38:47 PM +0100 »

I really like this tough circuit and chose my final Ferrari drive for this one as I found the car most responsive under braking and accelerating out of turns. Only took fuel at my early pit stop and just trundled around at my own pace allowing the occasional lapper by. Nice turnout and good mix on the grid too.
Next one is more conventional  Wink

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 12:59:31 PM +0100 »

After my initial shock at discovering the Porto that GTL uses is NOT in any shape or form the same as the Porto that we use in GPL, I quite enjoyed the challenge.

Practice and qually are best described as an armco testing exercise and it was not until the end of qually that I found the sweet spot for the Aston, remembered what corner came next and started to hook up the sectors.
Ati's time at the front of the grid was impressive and Erling had that D type singing as well. All of the cars around me were close on lap times, but as I had done qually on full tanks I knew that I ought to be able to match their race pace.
As Bill has mentioned he got jumped at the start and for the first few laps I was very careful on cold tyres ( actually my intention was to go the whole race on the same tyres as they did not appear to wear particularly fast in qually.) Bill was very obviously keen to get his place back and was far better on the brakes in his Fezza, but crucially my Aston got the power down better out of the corners and kept me just too far ahead for him to attack. It was looking like a race long duel between us and it allowed Erling and Flash to ease away slightly with Ati in a class of his own at the front.
Once Bill had found a convenient parking spot and dropped out of my mirrors I was able to concentrate on hunting down Erling and Flash, who were about 5 secs ahead. With nicely warmed tyres and no distractions in my mirror I cruised up to the rear of that D type and watched for a lap or two. Hmmmmm surprisingly the Aston appeared to have the legs on the straight to maybe make a pass, if I got the previous corner right Cool

I tried a couple of times but Erling was much later on the brakes and I backed out to avoid a collision. I decided to drop a second or so back and watch Erling and Flash duke it out for a while. They appeared to be quite close to the limit as there was much evidence of paint samples on the barriers?  Roll Eyes  I had found a nice flow with the Aston and was cruising along quite happily in 4th spot saving my tyres.

Then Flash went wide and stuffed the barriers just where Erling was too close to avoid him and I was very fortunate that on such a narrow section of the track I was able to sweep majestically past Grin...2nd place ooooh!!!

I tried to keep it steady and let Flash and Erling do the hard work if they wanted to catch me..passing me might be more difficult. It all worked well for a few laps and I was just beginning to think about the dreaded pit stop gremlins. maybe that was my mistake because a moments lapse of concentration and I upshifted to 3rd in the tight section instead of holding it in 2nd and then crashed down to 1st to make the corner. The back broke free and I slewed graciously around, without touching either barrier to form a complete roadblock completely out of sight of the rapidly approaching Flash and Erling.
There was no way I could move the car without shuffling back and forth, so I hit the "esc" key to clear the track as I heard the howl of Flash's Ferrari coming around that blind bend. I am pretty sure that had I not quit there would have been 3 cars out of the race and i did not want that on my record.

A great track once I had it logged in my brain and I would certainly be up for another race around this track. Still a bit miffed that I lost concentration just when I had worked my way up to 2nd, but that is what makes all of this such a challenge..

grats to all the finishers and of course to those who made it to the podium places.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2015, 02:35:45 PM +0100 »

Quite enjoyed that. I'm strangely drawn to some city street circuits - maybe potential disaster lurking everywhere just makes it more exiting..  Cool

Tried all cars bar Maseratis offline. 250 TR the sweetest again. 375 felt quicker, but laps were slower, and it was harder to handle. Aston just felt too unwieldy here.  The Jag with its tendency to wander, would seem suicidal on this track, but surprisingly it worked quite well and was the quickest for me.  With practice, laptimes dropped, culminating in a 2:13.9. Sadly couldn't match that in qual; otherwise I might have been able to challenge Ati for pole.

Still happy with 2nd. Survived start and dreaded first laps, although Flash got past. Early laps close to other cars were very difficult. The racket from that 375 is unbelievable. Couldn't hear myself think, let alone the crucial tyre squeal from my own car.  With warming tyres, I opened a small gap to Clive of around 3 secs, and got closer to Flash. He was bouncing somewhat off the walls. Not enough to create an opportunity for me, but enough to slow us both down. Thus my gap to Clive was fast disappearing.

Clive outbraked me a couple of times, but then backed off, tucking in behind. If he had held his ground, I would have been forced to let him past, but no complaints  Wink
With Clive pressuring me, I pressured Flash. I wanted past, so I could ditch Mr. Evil.  Not to happen, as the incident Clive mentioned happened. Flash and I both stuffed our cars nose first into the barrier. I swear I could hear Clive laughing as he breezed past..   taz  Next lap it would have been our turn to laugh, when Clive spun his car. However, he retired immediately, which seemed a bit drastic.  Clive, I think we would have survived. It was right after a sharp turn, so speeds weren't that high.

Kept pressure on Flash, and after a few laps he spun at the chicane after the long straight, finally allowing me to get past. Gap quickly grew, so he must have had more trouble.
Thus ran in 2nd, until Ati's pitstop, where I inherited 1st.  Tried extending the gap, so I could hang on to it after my own stop. When Ati retired, the gap to the next car was sufficiently big for that. No pressure on me then, but I still nearly tossed everything in the bin late on L24. Grazed the walls a couple of times, but the 3rd time, it caught and sent the car into a somersault above track. Seemed to hang there forever, giving me plenty of time to worry it would land on the wrong side of the barriers.  It didn't fortunately, and I was able to nurse an even more battered Jag through the final two laps, to take an unexpected win.

Grats to Bob and Doni for the other pods - and to all who survived!

Thanks to Tony for an excellent track choice..   Wink

Cheers,
Erling
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2015, 02:45:34 PM +0100 »

Was quite enjoying that once I had learned the track....  was near the back and having some fights with a few people
then it was the pits. And it was. I had set some keys for the pit board options but whatever I did I could not deselect tyres
or set the fuel, so just hit return and let it fix everything etc. came out of the pits and the car was undrivable
could not keep it straight, bounced off the wals a few time, I think Tony was approaching as I gave up and quit. Sad

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2015, 04:45:09 PM +0100 »

I like street circuits too Erling, Monaco is a favourite of mine in GPL although many curse the place. This version of Porto was a real challenge to master in only a few laps. Not sure I could have matched your PB pace in that D type, but I was finding time at different places on each lap. So maybe had I survived the whole race I might have made you work for the win... Wink
I swear I did not utter the smallest titter as I passed Flash and Erling stuck in the barriers........just not the sort of thing a gentleman driver in an Aston Martin would do. OK, so maybe I only fulfill 50% of the criteria in that I was driving an Aston Martin, and of course I am known to tell the odd lie.
 So to be honest, I was almost moistening my undergarments when I realised that they had not only stuffed their combined noses into the barriers but that had left a comfortable gap for me to drive through.  Grin

My decision to make a quick exit was probably down to GPL training over many years, where it is expected that you don't screw up anyone else's race through your own actions. My instinctive reaction is to hit the exit key before anyone else gets involved.
Also, the damage model in GPL is a little less forgiving than it appears to be in GTL, so even minimal contact will rip the wheels off of a car or launch you over the barriers. Maybe next time I will hang in there and grit my teeth whilst waiting for the impact.......Huh?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 06:48:30 PM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2015, 05:03:00 PM +0100 »

Matt, that sound very weird. Did the pit crew put something in your cuppa? You were weaving around like crazy.

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2015, 07:39:46 PM +0100 »

What a weird race!!!   How I ever finished 2nd is a mystery to me, just survival  I guess.  Made so many mistakes it was unreal.  Doni and I ran together for quite sometime, I was leading for a while and then hit a barrier and he passed me.  Caught up close to him and then decided I would back off for a good distance, because the track is so dangerous and if he spun or whatever on one of those blind corners it would take us both out.  About half way through I snagged a left rear wheel and after that it pulled to the right. So ran a lap or so and pitted.  Decided to repair the suspension and tire up, guess what,  forgot to add fuel! Went a lap and fueled.  Came out in about 6th or 7th, but some guys hadn't pitted so got back to 5th, Then just ran the track and had my best times I think but flipped it once coming out of the chicane at the pit enterance, landed on my wheels even facing the right way, lucky me.  Every so often I would look up and I had gained a position,  you guys at the front were dropping like flies or killing each other off. Finally it was over, might have been second but I was over 2 minutes behind Erling so no big accomplishment in my eyes.

Oh yeah big thanks to chmichel for moving over for me.  I blinked my headlights as a thanks, but they were busted out!!!!

Good Fun
Bob M.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 07:47:46 PM +0100 by Bob M. » Logged
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2015, 07:51:19 PM +0100 »

Thanks to everyone who has donated towards our running cost's, but we still have a little way to go.

So if you haven't divvied up and want to avoid sleepless nights worrying about our survival, please consider a small donation.

Thanks

Tony
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 08:03:47 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2015, 08:01:31 PM +0100 »

So to be honest, I was almost moistening my undergarments when I realised that they had not only stuffed their combined noses into the barriers but that had left a comfortable gap for me to drive through.  Grin

Well, you're forgiven; I would have done the same, had our roles been reversed..  Grin

I doubt I could have matched my pb too, so we could probably have had a close race, had you not exited  Smiley

Cheers,
Erling
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2015, 08:32:03 PM +0100 »

Results

« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 08:43:52 PM +0100 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2015, 08:33:43 PM +0100 »

No idea what happened Tony, I'm not sure they actually put any fuel in, but when I left the pits, as you saw, the back
was on ice, and the thing would not go straight.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2015, 08:45:01 PM +0100 »

Thanks for your efforts Kurt.  Link doesn't seem to work though.

Cheers,
Erling
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2015, 09:16:46 PM +0100 »

Works for me tho Kurt, cheers  thumbup1

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com